“A fun alternative to all the hotels in Branson” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Dollar City's Wilderness

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Branson
Silver Dollar City's Wilderness
5125 State Hwy. 265, Branson, MO 65616   |
Ranked #19 of 62 Specialty lodging in Branson
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“A fun alternative to all the hotels in Branson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our trip was primarily to Silver Dollar City this time so we decided to spend the night at The Wilderness since it is so close. It was a short stay so I cannot speak to all of the amenities like the game room, fire pit, etc. However the staff was very nice and our family loved the cabin. We stayed in a loft cabin with 3 beds up and one down. It had everything a hotel stay would have had like a small kitchenette, bathroom with shower, clean towels and linens, coffee, heat and AC, etc. The porch rockers were nice and there a grill out there we did not use. The beds are very firm so if you have trouble with firm beds you should bring a mattress topper or memory foam or something. I can see where younger kids would think it was awesome since our teenagers thought it was pretty cool even at their age. For having 4 beds the price is not too bad, especially when you factor in the unique experience. I will say that they advertise it as "right next to Silver Dollar City" when it's actually a byway over. It does not provide any better access to the park than the people driving in from Branson or any other location. You have to go north back to Highway 76, over west a half mile then back down to the SDC entrance in all the traffic/parking just like everyone else (I think they offer a shuttle, but it's all the same traffic). So just be aware that it is not walking distance or anything.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Carlinville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My family spent a month camping at wilderness in our motor home.All the employies were so friendly and helpfull to us.They keep every thing so clean and the camp sites are also clean and shady.We met lots of great people and made some new friends along the way.Every thing is easy to get to from the wilderness so that is a plus.cant say enough good things about this place i tell all my friends about it. We plan on going again this year.You have to check it out it is worth it.They also have nice cabins and rv campers for rent how cool is that.!HAPPY CAMPING!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
North Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My family stayed here recently for a quick weekend trip and throughly enjoyed it. We all enjoyed the idea of "roughing" it in a cabin and had a great time. We loved being close to Silver Dollar City and even came back "home" for a quick nap and to get out of the midday sun. The staff were extremely friendly and gracious. After we checked out, we remembered an item we had left, called the front desk and they had it waiting for us. Would highly recommend and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
O'Fallon, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I'm a city girl so the thought of a cabin scared me...but I took a risk because it was 1/2 mile from SDC. I cut my family from iPads and computers to have some bonding time. We were more than pleasantly surprised at the accommodations. The cabin was one huge room, with plenty of room to sleep, eat and even grill. The staff was very friendly and pleasant to chat with. I will definitely be returning to The Wilderness.

Room Tip: I would definitely get at least a cabin with a kitchenette. Thre is one cabin below with a great pri...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

From the moment we checked in, the staff in the store and office were rude and unfriendly. The men working the campground were great. I asked the lady working the office if we could check out one of the cabins close to us for a future date. The gal working the office told me that the cabin might be dirty so we couldn't see it. I told her we were wanting to look at it for future stays and that it had been empty for three days while we were there, so doubt it was dirty. Her suggestion was to wait until we saw the cleaning ladies and ask them if we could see it while they were cleaning it??? Surely she knew if the cabin was clean. It was just too much trouble for her to show it to us or to loan us the key. We then saw one of the men in the golf carts and stopped him. He said he would be glad to open it for us. Great employee overcomes poor employee. Other than the bad office employees, the place is great. Spotless restrooms and showers, perfectly clean campground.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dubach, Louisiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My wife and I have been staying at Wilderness since 1994 in our pop-up camper. We have never had a bad experience. Clean restrooms, friendly staff. my wife like's the laundry room. We usually stay about 9 nights on our stay. It's a great place. As for as some of the sites being next to the road Joan and I love hearing the cars start coming by in the breaking of the day. We have always had our little dogs. I can't say enough about it except we are planning on being there on August 30, 2012 and staying to Sept. 8, 2012. We can't wait to get there. If it ever closed I'm not for sure Joan and I would bring our camper back to Branson again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We are a first time camping family with a 30' motor home. Since we knew very little researched trip advisor and found The Wilderness. Phoned the campsite and spoke with very knowledge staff who were not only knowledgeable about the grounds but also very helpful with ? about our camper. The were very busy and short handed but promised to call back and they did, just as promised. We stayed in site 81 and it was perfect close to pool and in the middle of both bath houses. The site was level and shaded and very clean. Bath rooms are newley updated and very clean. Pool clean and chemicals checked often. The sundry shop had everything, some what pricey but you do pay for convenience. Dogs were plentiful, and so were owners with leashes and poop bags and not a bark was heard!! Very family friendly, with kids riding bikes and parents trailing behind. One mile fitness track posted around campsite. Can not say enough about this place and the staff. It was the perfect place to go for our first family camping experience

Room Tip: Use the colored routes to get around Branson and all of your destinations will be 10 minutes or less...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Silver Dollar City's Wilderness? Share your experiences!