We've had 5 trips to Branson in 5 months, and I think we've found our new favorite place to stay!! Yes, there are some wonderful B&Bs and condos, but if you like the amenities only a hotel can offer, this is as good as it gets in Branson.
The beds are absolutely fabulous -- right up there with the 5-star Broadmoor in terms of quality and comfort. Even the "cot" we had brought in for our son was a full-size twin mattress -- far superior to the sofa pullout and every bit as comfortable as the regular hotel bed. We all slept well every night of our stay, which I can't say about very many hotel beds.
The location is the best in Branson, right next to the shops and restaurants at the Landing. You could easily stay here for a week without a rental car (although it's nice to have to car to get to the attractions in other parts of Branson).
Just a bit more attention to detail and this place would be perfect. Here are our suggestions to the hotel staff for future reference -- just minor inconveniences, but correcting them would easily bring this place from 4.5 stars up to 5:
1. The shower head was so incredibly high that I had to stand on tippy-toes to reach it. And regardless of how it was adjusted, mostly it just sprayed all over and didn't give a nice flow of water at any setting. We stayed in two different rooms and had the same cheap shower head in both.
Also, because of the way the shower doors were placed, it was impossible to turn on the shower without standing directly under the spray. Makes for a bit of a rude awakening if you don't get the temperature right the first time. Also hard to turn on the shower for your kids if you are in your clothes without getting completely soaked.
2. One of the rooms we stayed in on the 9th floor had an overwhelming mildewy smell. We were told no other rooms were available, so we stayed there anyway, but each time we entered the room, the smell just about knocked us backwards. We pretty much kept a patio window open all of the time to air it out. (The second room on the 10th floor, after our flight was cancelled, did not have that problem.)
3. Our coffee pot in the second room brewed a quarter cup of coffee in the morning and then just quit working. We were already running late so we didn't bother to ask for it to be replaced.
4. If you are sensitive to scents, you may want to bring your own shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Even my husband, who will normally use any shampoo, passed on this because of the smell. Usually a high quality hotel has nicer products that we enjoy using. Not these!
5. The business center was a joke. The Internet was down, so I could not log on to print our boarding passes. When I tried to hook up my Apple laptop to use the printer for some work documents, I was told by tech support that their systems were not compatible with Apple and there was no way for me to use their printer. I think they need to update their technology to keep up with their customers' needs.
6. Finally, maid service was spotty. The only thing they did consistently was make one bed, empty the trash, and put fresh towels in the bathroom. In every hotel we've ever stayed in, the sleeper-sofa is always put back together when they make up the room. In this case, the sleeper sofa was always left out. Also, our toilet paper, even when down to the last quarter inch, was never replaced; we had to call the front desk to ask them to bring more when we ran out. And the dishes in the sink were never loaded to the dishwasher, nor were the clean dishes in the dishwasher ever put away.
Other than these minor inconveniences, the Hilton at the Convention Center is a great place to stay and far superior to anything else in Branson. We'll definitely return in the future.
Cots are actually twin beds and much more comfortable than the sleeper sofas. Rooms on the side by t...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Dear Valued Guest,
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for selecting ythe Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel on several occasions. We certainly appreciate your patronage of our property and your kind comments pretaining to our locations as well as the beds. I have also addressed your constructive feedback with my managers for their immediate involvement. I do apologize that these incidents occured and I would like to ensure you that during your next visit to our property all of these items will be corrected.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.