“Disappointed but not upset” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand View Inn & Suites

You added Grand View Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Grand View Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   280 Tanger Blvd, Branson, MO 65616 (Formerly America's Best Inn & Suites Branson)   |
Ranked #58 of 150 Hotels in Branson
Wichita, Kansas
“Disappointed but not upset”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had never been to Branson before, so my hotel selection came from reviews and pictures. Both the reviews and pictures were accurate; however there are some points to address.

Pros: Room was clean and comfortable (if you like a really hard bed). Because the hotel is new, there were few people staying there. This made for a very quiet environment, and finding a close parking spot was not a problem. The breakfast was good, with a worker continually refilling and making sure everything was fresh. The location is ideal.

Cons: The tiolet was very low flow and over half the time did not flush all the toilet paper. The shower was not replaced from the older hotel; thus, it looks outdated and (most importantly) the shower head is old and WAY TOO low. I am only 5'7" and had to bend my knees to rinse the soap from my hair. The staff was nothing to brag about. Every time we returned to the hotel, at least two staff members were standing/sitting outside the main entrance smoking. I am not a fan of having to walk through a smoky area (not to mention it just looks bad). When I checked in I was told my room faced the pool; however, my room faced a trash bin. In order to face the pool, I would have had to be on the other side of the hallway. I was surprised that the front desk worker didn't know which direction the rooms face.

For my next trip to Branson, I will look for a different hotel simply because I prefer a little more elegance on my vacation. For the price of any hotel, I want the room and it's offerings to be better than what I have at home. The bathroom situation was the biggest downfall.

Room Tip: There is a grand view; however it can only been seen when walking out the main doors. The hotel win...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was a good location for us. Hotel was newly remodeled after previously appearing abandoned a couple years ago. Service from staff was good. Breakfast was ok. Beds were comfortable. Loved room 103. It was across from breakfast room and there was a bathroom next door so it was like having two bathrooms. Room was your basic run of the mill hotel room design that's serves its purpose well. Our family only really had 2 issues: (1) the vanity position. For busy families it is right by the room entry door. So people standing there using the mirror, sink, etc have to be aware of incoming people or always have to move over to let someone out of the room. (2) we were in 2 different rooms (200) & (103) during our stay and neither door closed completely on their own. So make sure you close the door all the way. I noticed the bathroom door in the hall did this too. If you're not careful you could come back and your room was left open.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kennett, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We go to Branson often and this is by far the nicest, cleanest, motel for the price we have found. Newly decorated in my favorite colors! The beds were great, which is very important to us. Already booked another stay with the kids for July.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We went to Branson on a whim, I read the reviews on this hotel and decided to book it! I'm so glad that I did. We are a noisy family of 5 (two 4yr olds and a 6yr old) and the staff was so helpful and accommodating! The hotel is next to the newest shopping outlets (the Tanger Outlet mall) so, its within walking distance. The pool is very small, only 3 ft deep all around, but it was great for us. We had it from 6-7:30pm all to ourselves and I was so glad that I didn't have to worry about anyone falling into the deep end! The staff had no problem bring out 5 towels and extra towels to our room for our large family. The rooms were very nice and the beds, very comfortable. The hotel is located in the center of Branson, so either way we went, we were close to everything. Breakfast was good as well, hot and served with a smile. This was a great hotel at a great price. When we visit again, we will definitely be staying at the Grand View Inn!!! Sincerely, The Avila's

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and had no noise problems
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We (family of 5) recently spent three nights here and had a very pleasant experience. The rooms are very clean and recently updated. The staff is friendly and booking was easy. The breakfast provided is nice. They offer cold cereal, oatmeal,make your own waffles, biscuits and gravey, as well as assorted muffins and donuts. It's nothing fancy but sure beats trekking out to feed the family! The only negatives we found: the matresses to be a bit hard for our taste and the (outdoor )pool is tiny. Comfortable room at a nice price for a family on a budget.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I went for a 3 day weekend trip to Grand View Inn. We loved the experience! The room was updated, clean, spacious, nicely layed out, and had a comfy recliner in the room. We liked the location as it was in the middle of town and just a second from Tanger Outlets. The only drawback was the small (new looking) hair dryer. It overheated in 10 seconds and stopped working. So bring your own hair dryer. Overall, we this is a great value, and we will visit them again, with our kids next time.

• Stayed May 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Grand View Inn and Suites is a newly renovated hotel just up the hill from the Tanger Outlet Mall. The staff was very helpfu and courteous and the rooms were comfortable and well appointed. The beds were very great and the pillows made my 2 night stay one of the best I have had on the road in a long time. All aspects of this hotel are very nice and it is sure to be a winner in the Branson market. The location is great, right off the strip in the center of all theaters, restuarants and other attractions. If you want a comfortable, clean hotel at a very affordable rate, then be sure to stay at the Grand View. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Grand View Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!