“Barely edible” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Barely edible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

So my 11 year old wanted to go there for his birthday, other than that we would not have gone....and I can assure you we will not go back! First of all...we waited for our table in the bar area tables, ordered some mozzerela sticks and drinks, which never arrived. i did ask anout them when we got to our main dining table, and they were brough out! nothing special, i could have gotten those at pur local dairy queen at home! My son and I ordered the Bean Town Bake, with 2 lobsters, clams, shrimp, potatoes and corn on the cob! By looking at the picture, it looked like an abundance of food and I knew we would leave there more than full! They brought that great big pot to our table....took the lid off and.....WHAT!!!!! It looked pitiful! Everything looked shriveled up in the pot! The lobsters were soooooo tough, leather like! NOT WORTH THE MONEY SPENT!!! if you want a fish and chips meal, maybe, but I would recommend going to Long John Silvers! Very disappointed with the whole experience!

Visited August 2013

61% Recommend
Bedfordshire, UK
“Joe's - One of our favorites”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Have visited a few of Joes's Crab Shack in different parts of the US, this one did not have the atmosphere of the others - could have been any seafood restaurant. No music, no dancing. Very pleasant waiter though as were all the staff we came across. Food was good as usual especially coconut shrimp!

Visited August 2013
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is the third time I went into a Joes Crab House and there quality never fails. We had the steam pot which was delicious and shrimp Alfredo. The food is tasty, fresh, and definitely worth the money

Visited July 2013
Springdale, AR
“Don't order Lobster”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I've always told my wife, if a restaurant specializes in something order that. So slap me up side the head, what do I do but order lobster at the "crab shack."
After having probably 100 lobsters in my life, this was unequivocally the worst. So tough I couldn't eat it. Overcooked to the point of a leather shoe!
I complained to my waiter but all I got was some extra queen crab to replace it. (I had ordered the bucket which contains lobster, crab, shrimp and sausage). The crab was excellent.
And the crab bucket my wife had was fine also. At least I didn't hear any complaints and she loves crab.
Nevertheless, even though my wife loves this place (this trip was our anniversary and that's where she wanted to go), I'm not sure I will be back.
Though I will rate this restaurant average based on the fact the crab was good, considering they didn't replace my lobster, the waiter didn't offer (which I consider poor service), it was crowded and certainly lacking in atmosphere and romance with no appreciable view, this restaurant would be low average. I cannot rate it poor based on the crab, but based on everything else I could.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Eldon, Missouri
“second visit still great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great crab legs!! Pasta dish with shrimp and andoille okay. My brother's fried platter looked awesome. We usually get steam pots for two.

Visited July 2013

Been to Joe's Crab Shack? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Joe's Crab Shack, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.