“Branson Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 65 Specialty Lodging in Branson
Pueblo West, CO
“Branson Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

We stayed at the Palace View South in Branson. Very nice accommodations. People at the lodge were very friendly and helpful. Branson is a very family oriented city. All the shows we went to were very good and clean entertainment. Very good vacation spot.
Ron

Billy-AsstGenManager, Manager at Palace View Resort by Spinnaker, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
A Perfect Score!!! Success. Thank you rating our Resort with top scores. Our team is diligent in seeing our guests have a joyful experience and a great vacation, but also that they have a memorable one at that.
Billy Hayes - Assistant Resort General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

We went down for our
annv. We had a great time, the staff where very polite and helpful. We were close to all the Great shows in Branson, but our suite was very nice, we bought a 0ne and three bedroom suite in bulding 10.
The countyside is beautiful and we look forward to the new building and the exchange progam offfered by Spinnaker people that work there.
If you want a fun and relaxing place to go this is it.
Thank you Spinnaker for making us part of your family.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

My parents own this resort at bldg 9 and me and my husband and 3 yo son has gone with them on mutiple times and we have a great time every time we go. The rooms are always clean and we always ask for the top floor. The only problem we have is the parking and i wish they would/hope they make more amenities closer to those buildings. The people that work at the front desk are nice and will do anything to help you.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Thank you for the positive feedback. We are happy to see we met your expectations. We certainly hope to see you again on another return trip - maybe you will be one of our newest owners one day?
Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

The staff were friendly and helpful. The unit was clean. The bed and pillows were uncomfortable, the walls are very thin. We requested the top floor because of all the other comments but still heard our neighbors' conversations. Didn't like having to request and then pay for clean towels. That just didn't seem right for a 7 day stay. No hair dryer in the room, poor lighting in the bathroom of the one bedroom unit. Never could park close to our room.
We did enjoy the game room, ping pong, etc. They promptly fixed one of the games that was broken.
Really had a problem with the "sales presentation." We were asked to go to their presentation to receive 2 free tickets to a show. We went to the presentation and after an hour the guy (Russel) realized we weren't going to buy so escorted us to the door saying we didn't comply with the "rules of the presentation" so therefore would not be receiving our free tickets. I have never experienced anything like that - ever! I found out the next day that they could get in big trouble for doing that. It really spoiled my view of their professionalism and really said a lot about their sales tactics. I know they are probably frustrated because they are not selling much right now but, being a business person, you don't ever treat a potential customer that way.
We go to Branson frequently and this time we really scoped out some resorts in the area to stay at next time. Found some really awesome ones so we'll stay elsewhere next time considering the amenities and cost.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
We would love the opportunity to make your next stay a 5 out of 5. We hope to see you all again during another vacation.
Thank you.
rjgraves
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

We booked our stay at Palace View through RCI and were treated very well. We did not do the "sales demo" as it wasn't required for our discount. The unit (2 bedroom, 2 bath) was exceptional. Very clean, comfortable and roomy enough for our family. We had a unit on the second floor directly above the pool. This gave us free wireless internet access as well. The staff was very friendly, accommodating, and appreciative of us, except for one very rude young lady working at the front desk. I suspect she is the same one another reviewer spoke of. I wish I had gotten her name. I had to deal with her rudeness twice. The only other problem I had with our stay were the gas grills. One was a propane grill that was used quite often so was out of propane every time I tried to use it. It ran out half-way through cooking a dozen hamburgers once. The other 2 grills that I tried were natural gas and would not work at all. The walls may be paper thin, but you would have to ask our neighbors since we were probably the ones that everyone else heard (5 kids). We never heard any of our neighbors. I would also suspect that the people below us heard footsteps quite a bit. We tried very hard to keep everyone quiet and used "small footsteps" but with children it is sometimes hard. Some people may be offended that the housekeeping crew and their families use the pool area and grills (thats one reason the propane was always empty) throughout the week, even when it is busy. I had no problem with any of them other than the grill being out of propane and overcrowding at the pool area. As I said before, ALL staff were very helpful and friendly except for the lady at the front desk. All in all, I will say this was an excellent experience and would definitely stay at Palace View again. We were there for 7 days and experienced all they had to offer. We have stayed at several time shares in Branson and would put Palace View in the top 5.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Nickie74
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

My husband and I were referred by a friend to visit the Palace View by Spinnaker in Branson. We were contacted by a rep. and ended up purchasing for $160 a 4 day 3 night stay in Branson. This included $30 meal voucher and 4 show vouchers. We drove for approximately 7 hours only to wait at their reception area for 30 minutes. After we checked in we were then told we were staying at another motel down the road. My husband and three boys plus myself were placed in an 8 by 10 room with no amenities. There was a 5 by 7 pool, that could only hold about 5 kids at a time comfortably. Not what I was told to expect by their sales rep at all. So we went to their "meeting" a bit upset by our accomodations. When given the opportunity to tell the salesman about our experience I did to which he brushed off and said I know you are use to better huh? He completely played it off. So he went about his presentation, took us to the units and brought us back to the reception area. Once there he came to the conclusion he wasn't going to get my husband and myself to purchase from them "today." He brought in his reinforcements. We were even promised a Mexican getaway. Would you trust them to put you someplace nice? I sure didn't. The 90 min. presentation was 3 1/2 hours. Anyway we told them we were not purchasing anything that day - we don't just spend that kind of money without a lot of thought. So they finally decided we were lost causes I guess and sent over an elderly gentleman who proceeded to talk down to us. He couldn't understand us not taking the deal they were offering when they sell to doctors, lawyers, etc (important people?) everyday. I mentioned our terrible accomodations and the fact that we were now planning to leave a day earlier and he stated "well I was going to put you up in one of our nice units.... have fun in that little room with your three boys in this rain." THAT PRETTY MUCH SEALED THE DEAL THAT WE WILL NEVER RETURN TO THEIR RESORT! We left, once we got our meal voucher - good only at a select few restaurants and our show tickets. The show tickets, in order to get them you had to jump thru a bunch of hoops as well. Not worth it to us. We cut the trip short. Stopped at Bass Pro Shops in Springfield, MO on the way home and had a good time. If you are approached by anyone from this resort run the other way. If we had of been treating right, we very well may have purchased a time share from them. However, we will now look anywhere but there!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
beastie3, General Manager at Palace View Resort by Spinnaker, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Guests should be aware the Resort is a interval vacation ownership resort, timeshare. This review, unfortunate as it is, is not a review of the Resort. This review is a description of a purchased mini-vacation experience bought through a sales and marketing outlet with the intent and obligation for the purchaser to take a timeshare tour. The review does not seem to describe the Resort proper, but sounds more like the traveler stayed at a hotel property as part of their mini-vacation package.

Palace View Resort is an Interval International Premier Resort and an RCI Gold Crown Resort as determined by resort guests. The Resort offers 1, 2 and 3 bedroom fully furnished condominium units. The Resort also offers 2 full size outdoor pools, 1 outdoor kiddie pool, 1 indoor pool, 2 outdoor hot tubs and 1 sauna. There is also an exceptional full-service show and attraction ticket service providing numerous discounts to area shows available to guest staying a the Resort. We invite you to take a look at Palace View Resort for your next Branson (MO) vacation. www.spinnakerresorts.com
Chicago, Il.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

We just returned from Branson and stayed at the Palave View and were very impressed with the resort. I guess we lucked out because we stayed in the newer buldings (there are a couple of older ones in the back, I would strongly suggest you stay away from those). We were told if we had a full kitchen we would have a balcony and it was true which worked out well because I am a smoker and that is where I smoked. The balcony was very nice, screened in. My only complaint was several times the children at the pool were actually screaming and it was very annoying. I wrote this on my comment card. Our unit was very clean and comfortable. The kitchen was well stocked and very up to date. The bathroom was really nice with a large window that let alot of sunshine in. As far as the walls being paper thin (as I had read in the reviews before going) it wasn't so bad. We did smell our neighbors frying bacon every morning but that wasn't such a bad thing! All in all I'd rate this resort a gold crown and they do strive to earn that distinction.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Billy Hayes - Assistant Resort General Manager

Been to Palace View Resort by Spinnaker? Share your experiences!