“A great option” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 88 Attractions in Branson
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: You've seen the movie and understand that it took 3 years to build the Titanic and only 2 hours and 40 minutes to lose Her forever. But, did you know there were 16 millionaires on board? Did you know that Titanic's maiden voyage was Captain Smith's last trip before retirement? Did you know that famous American silent film actress Dorothy Gibson was onboard? Discover the stories of the passengers and crew who sailed Titanic, as our crew and interactive galleries bring them to life. We are more than just a museum; we are a Permanent, Interactive Attraction for all ages.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Little Falls, Minnesota
“A great option”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

During a recent bus tour in Branson we had the opportunity to visit the Titanic Museum. What a wonderful choice! The experience becomes personal when you are handed a Boading Pass with the name and brief history of an actual passenger on the fateful voyage. As you pass from the building phase to the Grand Staircase to the ship's wheel and the slanting decks of the sinking ship, the story becomes so much more real. At the end of the 90 minute tour you learn if "you" survived or perished. Many personal items are showcased along the way, with attendants dressed in period costumes. My only problem: the audio equipment I had did not work properly so I missed that and had to read the information available. No photos allowed. Greatly enjoyed!

Carrollton,Texas
7 attraction reviews
“Should we or shouldn't we?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I hope this review will give you the information on whether you should stop in and see the Titanic Museum. First let me say that this is an expensive museum that will set you back around $50 for a couple. They do offer AAA and Veteran discounts.
If you are a "Museum" person and you know who you are, you will love this one!
If you are a history buff and interested in the Titanic, you will love this one!
Now for the rest of us....
I am not a history buff and not a museum person, but I will have to say that I enjoyed the experience. The walking tour with audio aids took us about 2 hours to complete. There are short videos along the way and all kinds of artifacts from the Titanic. I must admit being swept away into finding out how many of the passengers either survived or perished! The only thing I did not like was the pushy photographer near the end of the tour. They can get rid of him! Otherwise all the staff were very attentive and many were around in most of the rooms to answer your questions. They were also dressed in period costumes which added a nice touch.
All in all, if you don't mind dropping a few dollars for an afternoon. The cost is about the same as one of the Branson shows and a different type of entertainment.
Now you get to decide and hope you have a little better insight into "should we or shouldn't we?"

Columbia, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
“Worth the admission price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was our second visit to the Titanic Museum, and I was able to spend more time at each of the exhibits, to learn more of the story. It was nice to have the audio tour as part of the admission price, so you could not only read about the items, and the passengers, but hear more details. I would return again in a few years to see if any of the information has been updated, as it was this time for the 100th anniversary. Also enjoyed learning more about the pets that had been on the Titanic, and got to meet the two dogs who were the mascots.

Frisco, Texas
14 attraction reviews
“AMAZING and FUN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Once you enter this boat you will be given a passport with a passenger that traveled aboard a 100 yrs ago! Learn everything you thought you knew plus MUCH more aboard the Titanic. See, feel and experience what these passengers did from the beginning to the end of their journey. And at the end, find out if your passport passenger was one of the surviors! Don't forget about Molly & Carter!!

Branson, Missouri
“Meet the Mascots!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had been to a Titanic exhibit before, so I was a little leary about paying to go and see another one. I was not disappointed! It was different than what I had seen before. I even got to meet and pet the mascots of the exhibit, Molly and Carter. Every day the museum is open you can meet the mascots outside at noon for free!

Visited October 2012