“Your Name In Lights” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 159 hotels in Branson
West Plains, Missouri
“Your Name In Lights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Ok--Jeanette covered the sentiment in the previous review. It was our birthday weekend again and Jodi, Mark and the gang got the word out with our names and birthday wishes on the billboard out front. Lets see the Hilton do that? As everyone points out--it is not fancy it is friendly and clean. If you have a problem, ( we haven't) I know they will do everything to make your stay enjoyable.

We stayed two nights. Never heard a sound all night long. temperature control check. Shower works with hot water, check. ice machine close by and works, check. breakfast included, check. tv works, bed works, and close to our destination silver dollar city, check and double check.

the more I think about writing this review, the more I want to find a bad experience to tell you to avoid it being booked when we want to go, but that wouldn't be fair to these exceptionally nice people bringing you a product with excellent service. its up to you. You can spend more, receive less or use the extra money to go to dinner. and by the way INDIANA is a state... it also the name of their dog, but at 5 am it is a state. go back to sleep Jeanette.

Room Tip: ground floor works well
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
West Plains, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I found Deer Run Hotel a few years ago via Trip Advisor. Needless to say, it is our home away from home when we are in Branson. We love Jodi, Eber, Indiana ♥♥♥♥, and the crew; each of them make you feel like you are family---the good family who wants to come back! Lol.

If Jodi finds out that its your birthday, anniversary, etc, plan on feeling special when you arrive with your name up in lights ~M@RQU €€ ST ¥£€~!

Smiles~~You are also greeted by Indiana when you arrive (beautiful beautiful dog) as well as a cheerful "Hello, Dale and Jeanette! Happy Birthday (on this trip)!!!" Jodi doesnt forget your name or specifics about you! I also have never seen anyone walk out of the main office without a big smile or laughing --- its just happiness.

Rooms - very clean, very simple. Tvs are approximately 32". The showers are immaculate! This is one thing I love about this hotel -- each time we have been here the bathroom and showers/tub are squeaky clean! I love cleanliness!

Safety - A safe place to stay!
I have always felt safe here. In fact, my "adopted" mom, who had a room two doors down left her key in the door over night last night! When we told Jodi-Jodi informed us that it happens often. She said that normally they receive a call and she or one of the crew go check on the guest and make sure all is well.

Breakfast - I thought it was very good for what we paid for! The room cost was around $60 per night. The breakfast consisted of: gravy and biscuits, oatmeal, toast, butter, jelly, cereals, pastries, milk, juices, coffee. The atmosphere was great. Everyone was laughing and chatting.

Value - Exceptional!

Attractions - nearby is Silver Dollar City; it merely adjoins this property. Shuttle runs to and from this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Glasgow, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I accidentally mixed up the date of my reservation and when I drove down to the hotel with my 10 year old daughter (which was 3 hours from my house) and went to check in, the front desk realized my mistake. The lady that was helping me, Myong, immediately went to speak with Jodi to see what they could do. The motel was sold out (this was Thanksgiving weekend). Rather than send us away they arranged for us to stay in the room they keep in case any of the guests have an emergency with their room (broken heater, etc). I cannot tell you how much I appreciated their hospitality and kindness. It was something that is so rare in this day and age. They are truly a family oriented, value driven group of individuals. My daughter and I went on to enjoy the weekend in Branson and Silver Dollar City because of their kindness. So thank you and I will always stay at this location every time I am in the area and I have already recommended this motel to others and will continue to do so!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Bartlett, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was told when reserving the room that this is hotel is basic lodging without a lot of amenities. The room was clean; and, there was a nice TV with several cable TV stations. The rooms do not have an iron and ironing board; however, we were able to borrow these items from the front desk. The kitchenette had a refrigerator, microwave and small range top. Overall, the rooms were a good value for the price.

This hotel is literally next door to Silver Dollar City. We were told that a shuttle would take us to and from the park from the hotel. I'm not sure if this perk is available at all times or just during busy seasons.

The only hiccup I had was with the payment. I was quoted a price for 2 rooms; but, when I got to the hotel, the price I was charged was not the price quoted. It was explained to me that I was being charged for extra people in one of the rooms. I had 2 adults and 1 child in each room; so, I'm not sure how I should have been charged extra.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Willow Springs, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This weekend my sister & I visited Branson and stayed at Deer Run Motel. This was our second visit to their facility. We found the staff friendly and helpful, the room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the entire motel is smoke free. We also noticed that the room was very quiet, we couldn't hear the road and we only had a little noise from our neighbors. We had a nice continental breakfast. We definitely will stay at Deer Run again. Of course my favorite part of my stay was meeting Indiana Jones, the resident Sheltie! He was so sweet and such a wonderful greeter. Overall our stay was great and we look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: I called the office directly and talked to the staff when I was booking the room. Staff was very hel...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We have stayed here at Deer Run many years and will continue. The office staff is great, ready to help have great customer service. Like another customer stated you were also greeted by the owners dog who is sweet and enjoys attention!!!
We enjoyed the continental breakfast and it was always attended and the 5 mornings we were there never ran out of food.
SDC bus stopped several times but this time of year preferred to take our cars due to cooler weather.
Try it you will like it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Sapulpa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

It is always nice to get there and see the friendly faces at the office. They make you feel like you are a part of the family. Rooms are always clean and stocked well. Nice and quiet. And it's right next to Silver Dollar City. It's nice year around.

Room Tip: We have stayed in several different over the last few years and all have been great,
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Deer Run Motel? Share your experiences!