“You have to know the type of room you are getting!” 4 of 5 stars

Westgate Branson Woods
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Roark Valley Road, Branson, MO 65616   |
Ranked #81 of 160 hotels in Branson
Mayview, Missouri
“You have to know the type of room you are getting!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

First things first-yes, we own at this resort. We have had our share of bad things happen to us while here, but many more positive experiences.

Let me say-many people complain about the room because they think they are getting something else. It's all about KNOWING what you are booking if you are booking from expedia, priceline, etc. As owners, we know what we get when we book. We own in the condos. They are very spacious and accomodate our needs. There are older units. Each is different as far as the type of kitchen. Keep track of what you book and then when you get there if you don't get what you booked-then make your complaint and have that proof. (That has happened to us before and we were then taken care of.)

We had trouble with the floors in our unit not being clean enough last year but this year they were much better. Our only complaint is that the walls are not thick enough. You can hear the people next door, but we ALWAYS travel with an air cleaner/fan and it blocks it out enough and we sleep fine. The beds are comfortable. The kitchens are stocked with the basics to get you through. We always end up bringing a few extra things.

There are units that are older if you stay in the "4-plexes, 6-plexes" (not the individual cabins). I don't know if they have been upgraded or not, but they definitely show their age.

Someone complained about restaurants being miles away. I don't know what he was smoking, but there is B.T. Bones just 1/4 mile from the entrance. There are several restaurants within a mile to 2 miles. We have absolutely NO trouble finding some place to get to eat and in a reasonable amount of time. There is a pizza joint on the property. We had it a few years ago and it did it's job-meaning we didn't have to go out!

All in all, it's not a $1,000 a night resort. It's a family resort. Do they have problems? Yes. But, we find if we call guest services, it's usually resolved. If you have a problem that you don't feel gets resolved, speak to a manager. (My parents actually came down for a night with us last week and had some issues with a smoke alarm, and they ended up getting a free night's stay.)

We love the location because you don't have to deal with all of the traffic! There are multiple ways into the resort (meaning the intersection right outside of the resort) and you can bypass the traffic jams. That is one reason we ended up buying at this resort and not others.

Room Tip: If you need a kitchen-make sure to book that unit! If you want less noise-ask to be put on the top...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Branson Woods, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for such a positive comment. Knowing what you are renting/ purchasing is important. We spent a lot of time these last two years updating our websites and educating our reservations team and front desk team so guests know what accommodations to expect during their stay. We are focusing and spending a lot of time this year on updating our older units and making them more modern with newer technology. I love our locations at the Woods. Several restaurants on Shepherd of the Hills Exp but yet we set in the woods allowing for quiet away from all the movement of tourist and town traffic.Again thank you for your review.

522 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

One of the best hotels/resorts in Branson. My only complaint is their wifi service. We were comped free wifi and the entire 5 days we were there it did not work. Spent over 3 hours on the phone with their tech support and never got the issue resolved. The front desk was not concerned when asked about it and they never checked the routers in building 1 where our room was.Could not get wifi on 6 different devices no matter how hard tech support tried.
The location of our lodge was perfect. It was clean, quiet and well kept. The housekeepers (husband and wife team) were outstanding and very helpful.
The rate I paid was comparable to hotels and lodges in town. We were there for veterans day weekend and participated in the parade and really enjoyed our stay here.
We will definitely be staying here from now on. It was well worth it.
You owe it to yourself to give them a try next time you plan to be in the Branson area. You wont be disappointed

Room Tip: Request Buildings 1 or 2 as all rooms are ground level and you can park right in front of your door...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We are glad you enjoyed our resort. We apologize that the WiFi didn't work during your stay. It is provided by an outside service so all we can do is provide a tech support number. If they feel it is an issue at the resort level, then they usually call our front desk to check the routers etc. Thank you for staying with us!
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Westgate should be ashamed to have their brand on this place. No lighting on the stairs to get to our unit. Their idea of a partial kitchen is a microwave and a college sized refrigerator. No burners to cook. No hot water for a shower if someone in the other unit is using water. No heat in the bathroom. We ended up putting a towel over the window to keep the air from flowing in. The microwave did not work correctly and the smoke alarm went off if we used the toaster. I called the front desk and was told "sorry" and they refused to move us to another area of the resort stating they had no other room. What a lie! Friday night at 9:00 pm housekeeping decided to clean the adjoining unit; clangging dishes, vacuuming etc. We would have been happier at a Red Roof and got better treatment.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We apologize for all of the issues you had during your stay. Our partial kitchen is a mini fridge, micro, coffee pot and dishes for 2 as described on our website. I am not sure if you called the 1234 customer service line but it appears all of these issues could have been addressed easily especially since we did not have another unit to move you to. There were a few weeks were we were very busy and cleaned units as guests checked out early to prepare for check ins the following day. We will work with Housekeeping on not cleaning units next to guests who may be sleeping (quiet hours start at 11pm).
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Before confirming reservation I called the hotel to make sure there was an oven in the room I was told there was. I called the resort the night before Thanksgiving to once again confirm everything and was told our room does not have an oven and no other rooms available. The night before Thanksgiving I find out I was lied to about the room and have family from out of town meeting in Branson for the Holiday and no way to cook the turkey. Needless to say I am at a loss!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I am very sorry you were not able to get a unit with an oven, etc. as expected. Thanksgiving week is an extremely busy week for us. I do not have any information on the response that I can look up your reservation to see your name & find out exactly what went wrong. I would appreciate it if you could call my office so I could get the needed information to look up your reservation, etc. & get some additional information to research exactly what happened. I would appreciate if you could call the Resort & speak with me further. The number is (417) 334-2324. Just tell them who you are & that I (Dave) asked you to call me. They will transfer you to my office at ext 3575.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Dave
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The room was average, but the accomdations made it feel home like. There was very affordable breakfast as well as dinner on the grounds. The club house was a nice get away from the room. Because it was secured entrance I felt comfortable letting my teen son go to clubhouse alone. He enjoyed meeting other children that were just hanging out. The fee for the room was affordable. You had to pay for wifi that wasn't cool but I would gladly stay again. It was very relaxing. We traveled in November it was easy to find. I say yes to Westgate.

Room Tip: I found the resort itself to be relaxing overall. There were several lookout places where the view...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
hughesd0644, General Manager at Westgate Branson Woods, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Dave
Bridgeport, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed in one of the condo buildings behind the lodge. Check-in was quick and efficient. We booked a standard room and was pleasantly surprised. It had a living room/kitchen including a fireplace; refrigerator; microwave; stovetop and dishwasher. The bedroom had a king size bed.
The bathroom was separate from the shower and there was a combo-washer and dryer. The condo was clean and the bed was comfortable; also a sofa bed was in the living room. We stayed 7 nights. The only thing we disliked was the driveway from the lodge to the condo buildng was a slope that would have been terrible in the winter. Westgate's location was great for all of the other attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for a standard room in the lodge or condo buildings
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to read that you had a satisfactory stay while you were at our property. It was a pleasure having you with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Marion, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stood in line for about 30 minutes to get to a check in clerk. We were informed that our room was not ready and we would have to check back in about 30 minutes. We set in the loby waiting. I then stood in line another 30 minutes to get to the clerk. Again the room was not available. We waited another 20 minutes then I steped to the front of the line and ask if our room was ready. I then received service from another clerk who finally managed to snag us a room. I was then told that we were in the wrong line to check in and if we had been in the VIP line we would not have had such a wait. THis information was a little late to help us. A manager then steped up to us and asked how long we had been waiting to get into our room. I told him, we had been waiting over 1 & 1/2 hours. He just shook his head, said nothing and walked off.
After we got to our room all else was good. No problem. By this time i would have been afraid to ask for anything else. We were willing to leave all else alone. This is a good place to stay once you get past the front desk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you were able to enjoy your stay for the most part. We will gladly report the noted issues to front desk management as we would hate for these to happen again. We also apologize about the behavior you received from our staff.

Been to Westgate Branson Woods? Share your experiences!