First things first-yes, we own at this resort. We have had our share of bad things happen to us while here, but many more positive experiences.
Let me say-many people complain about the room because they think they are getting something else. It's all about KNOWING what you are booking if you are booking from expedia, priceline, etc. As owners, we know what we get when we book. We own in the condos. They are very spacious and accomodate our needs. There are older units. Each is different as far as the type of kitchen. Keep track of what you book and then when you get there if you don't get what you booked-then make your complaint and have that proof. (That has happened to us before and we were then taken care of.)
We had trouble with the floors in our unit not being clean enough last year but this year they were much better. Our only complaint is that the walls are not thick enough. You can hear the people next door, but we ALWAYS travel with an air cleaner/fan and it blocks it out enough and we sleep fine. The beds are comfortable. The kitchens are stocked with the basics to get you through. We always end up bringing a few extra things.
There are units that are older if you stay in the "4-plexes, 6-plexes" (not the individual cabins). I don't know if they have been upgraded or not, but they definitely show their age.
Someone complained about restaurants being miles away. I don't know what he was smoking, but there is B.T. Bones just 1/4 mile from the entrance. There are several restaurants within a mile to 2 miles. We have absolutely NO trouble finding some place to get to eat and in a reasonable amount of time. There is a pizza joint on the property. We had it a few years ago and it did it's job-meaning we didn't have to go out!
All in all, it's not a $1,000 a night resort. It's a family resort. Do they have problems? Yes. But, we find if we call guest services, it's usually resolved. If you have a problem that you don't feel gets resolved, speak to a manager. (My parents actually came down for a night with us last week and had some issues with a smoke alarm, and they ended up getting a free night's stay.)
We love the location because you don't have to deal with all of the traffic! There are multiple ways into the resort (meaning the intersection right outside of the resort) and you can bypass the traffic jams. That is one reason we ended up buying at this resort and not others.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Branson Woods Hotel Branson
- Westgate Branson Woods Hotel
- Westgate Hotel Branson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Branson Woods Resort is nestled in the heart of the Ozark Mountains and located on 145 beautiful wooded acres. Only minutes from Branson Landing in historic downtown Branson, Silver Dollar City theme park, Titanic: The World's Largest Titanic Museum, fabulous lakes, championship golf, and much more. Guests can enjoy two outdoor pools, an indoor pool, exercise facility, hiking trails, basketball and volleyball courts, horseshoe pits, lighted playground, campfire area, bike rentals, onsite entertainment and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, BookIt.com, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Westgate Branson Woods reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.