“Reservation made for room with oven told No Oven on THANKSGIVING” 1 of 5 stars

Westgate Branson Woods
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Roark Valley Road, Branson, MO 65616   |
Ranked #66 of 150 Hotels in Branson
Kansas City, Missouri
“Reservation made for room with oven told No Oven on THANKSGIVING”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Before confirming reservation I called the hotel to make sure there was an oven in the room I was told there was. I called the resort the night before Thanksgiving to once again confirm everything and was told our room does not have an oven and no other rooms available. The night before Thanksgiving I find out I was lied to about the room and have family from out of town meeting in Branson for the Holiday and no way to cook the turkey. Needless to say I am at a loss!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I am very sorry you were not able to get a unit with an oven, etc. as expected. Thanksgiving week is an extremely busy week for us. I do not have any information on the response that I can look up your reservation to see your name & find out exactly what went wrong. I would appreciate it if you could call my office so I could get the needed information to look up your reservation, etc. & get some additional information to research exactly what happened. I would appreciate if you could call the Resort & speak with me further. The number is (417) 334-2324. Just tell them who you are & that I (Dave) asked you to call me. They will transfer you to my office at ext 3575.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Dave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The room was average, but the accomdations made it feel home like. There was very affordable breakfast as well as dinner on the grounds. The club house was a nice get away from the room. Because it was secured entrance I felt comfortable letting my teen son go to clubhouse alone. He enjoyed meeting other children that were just hanging out. The fee for the room was affordable. You had to pay for wifi that wasn't cool but I would gladly stay again. It was very relaxing. We traveled in November it was easy to find. I say yes to Westgate.

Room Tip: I found the resort itself to be relaxing overall. There were several lookout places where the view...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
hughesd0644, General Manager at Westgate Branson Woods, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Dave
Bridgeport, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed in one of the condo buildings behind the lodge. Check-in was quick and efficient. We booked a standard room and was pleasantly surprised. It had a living room/kitchen including a fireplace; refrigerator; microwave; stovetop and dishwasher. The bedroom had a king size bed.
The bathroom was separate from the shower and there was a combo-washer and dryer. The condo was clean and the bed was comfortable; also a sofa bed was in the living room. We stayed 7 nights. The only thing we disliked was the driveway from the lodge to the condo buildng was a slope that would have been terrible in the winter. Westgate's location was great for all of the other attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for a standard room in the lodge or condo buildings
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Woods, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to read that you had a satisfactory stay while you were at our property. It was a pleasure having you with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Marion, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stood in line for about 30 minutes to get to a check in clerk. We were informed that our room was not ready and we would have to check back in about 30 minutes. We set in the loby waiting. I then stood in line another 30 minutes to get to the clerk. Again the room was not available. We waited another 20 minutes then I steped to the front of the line and ask if our room was ready. I then received service from another clerk who finally managed to snag us a room. I was then told that we were in the wrong line to check in and if we had been in the VIP line we would not have had such a wait. THis information was a little late to help us. A manager then steped up to us and asked how long we had been waiting to get into our room. I told him, we had been waiting over 1 & 1/2 hours. He just shook his head, said nothing and walked off.
After we got to our room all else was good. No problem. By this time i would have been afraid to ask for anything else. We were willing to leave all else alone. This is a good place to stay once you get past the front desk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you were able to enjoy your stay for the most part. We will gladly report the noted issues to front desk management as we would hate for these to happen again. We also apologize about the behavior you received from our staff.
Bella Vista
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Although the price was certainly low enough, we expected the "basics" from a property like this. Thought the price ($57) was low due to time shares being sold at this site. But our unit (and our friends who had a room in another building) found the units outdated, with bare minimum cleanliness. The bed was very uncomfortable, the A/C worked in fits and starts - both made for a bad night. Noise insulation is non-existent. A maintenance team came to the unit next door before 7:30 am, and it sounded like they were right in our room with us! Check-in was slow (took over 15 minutes). WIFI is an added cost - I complained to the on site manager about our room phone not working, and about the WIFI. She suggested I talk to "corporate". The only plus at this place is the beautiful location, and the landscaping, which is very nice. We won't be back!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank You for your feedback. We are very sorry to read that your stay with us was not satisfactory, we will notify the noted issues to the appropriate management team as we don't want them to continue happening. Once again we apologize for any inconveniences you encountered while staying at our resort.
Central Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I booked this on Priceline and at first was VERY upset that this was what was presented as a three star hotel. I read many reviews and honestly, was a little concerned.

Check in was what many here describe, we arrived at 5:00pm, knowing that check in was at 4:00 hoping not to have any problems. They told us that we would have to wait 45 mins. We had driven 9 hrs, were tired and didn't want to go anywhere else in Branson at the moment so we just stayed around the resort. At 6:15 I went back in and was told again that our room was not ready. I work in customer service so I try to treat people serving me with respect and give the benefit of the doubt, but this was just outright unaccaptable!! I asked the clerk if she knew this was the number one complaint on reviews, she acknowledged that she did know and they were working on it, I then asked why, when check out was at 10:00am, there were no rooms avail at 6:15pm???? The longer I thought about it, the more irritated I became, I asked her if I was being treated this way because my purchase was through Priceline and that I was not a timeshare owner (keep in mind everyone who was checking in around me was being assigned rooms/villas etc), she looked at me, rolled her eyes and said, "let me check something out". She went behind the closed door, probably told the manager a nut job was out front and could they please just assign a room to get rid of her!!! However she came back and said that there were still no rooms avail. I then asked for the manager myself, she went behind the closed door again and after about 5 mins she and a very nice manager came out and assigned me a room. After that, I was afraid we would be put into a broom closet, but from there everything was a very good experience. Yes, it's a bit dated, but for $41 a night I was very happy. The room was very comfortable, housekeeping came in every day and brought fresh towels, halfway through our week our linens were changed. I didn't expect any more than that because I don't change my sheets every day at my own house! I even spoke with our housekeeper one morning and thanked her for the wonderful service. The grounds were absolutely beautiful, the gated entry very comforting and other than check in, the experience was a plus. In fact, we plan to come back to this very same place if we come back next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that the ending result of your experience was satisfactory and we certainly apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced including the difficult check in process. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed at numerous Westgate resorts before so i had higher expectations for this one. First off, it is far away from everything. There are no food services on sight and the closest restaurants are several miles away. It is not easy to find as the way is not well marked as being to the Westgate resort. the rooms are somewhat dated but spacious. Lake views are nice and the staff was nice. There is no daily room service as this is a timeshare property. If you want to be isolated on the lake for family time this could be a good choice. If you want to be close to things, i would recommend something else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to read that this time around we did not fully meet your expectations.We are glad that you enjoyed the lake view, and hope that you would give us a second chance to exceed your expectations.

Been to Westgate Branson Woods? Share your experiences!