“Bare bones place to stay.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Classic Motor Inn

You added Classic Motor Inn to your Saves list
Classic Motor Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2384 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway, Branson, MO 65616   |
Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #42 of 150 Hotels in Branson
“Bare bones place to stay.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

The rooms were spacious and clean, but very out dated. There as not enough outlets for us to charge our phones or iPads. The bathroom door could not be opened unless you lifted the toilet seat. Be sure and bring your own shampoo, conditioner and lotion and bar soap. There is a soap dispenser in the sink and tub area, but the bar soap is about 1/4 the size of normal hotel soap. There was a mix up about where breakfast was being provided. The info in the room said to go to the breakfast room...it is closed certain times of the year. The office staff had told this to the person who checked us in, but with a group of 14 it did not get communicated to us. A simple note on the breakfast room door, or lobby door and in the rooms would have been nice. The breakfast was simple and not hot, ie. pancakes, muffins, biscuits and gravy that had to be heated. In order to have coffee in your room you had to request a coffee maker or microwave. The walls are very thin and since there is no night light, the people in the room next to us kept their bathroom light/fan on all night. The staff was nice, but I would not return to this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
ClassicMotorInn, Manager at Classic Motor Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
I apologize for your disappointing visit to our establishment. We strive to make every guest's visit to our motel a pleasant one, and, as you can see by the overwhelmingly positive reviews we have received, we usually succeed. Obviously we failed on this occasion, and for that, I am truly sorry.
I am sorry you found the rooms to be outdated. We have recently added things such as pillow-top mattresses, refrigerators in each room, microwaves in about half of the rooms, etc. We felt like these features would be more beneficial to our guests than changing out the décor, at this time and with the limited budget we are on, due to the modest room rate we charge.
I will agree that in a couple of the bathrooms (unfortunately, the room you stayed in is one of them), when the toilet seats were replaced, they were a bit wider than the original toilet seats, making it a tight fit when closing the door. New toilet seats have already been ordered for those two bathrooms to correct this problem.
I'm sorry you couldn't find the electrical outlets located throughout the room. We have them on the wall by the pole lamp, behind the refrigerator, behind the credenza, between the beds, and by the vanity. Most people find that many outlets ample to plug in all the electronics they bring along. I see, also, that you mentioned there were no night lights. Thank you for the suggestion. I will pass it along to the motel owners.
I noticed you felt that the soap we provided was too small. We order that through a hotel and motel supply store, and it is listed as the standard size for motel rooms. We also provide the hand soap in the sink and the hair and body shampoo in the tub/shower area. Additional soap is always available in the office. We do not provide conditioner and lotion in the rooms, however.
We do offer microwaves and coffee pots to any guest that requests one, as you mentioned. Had you asked, we would have been happy to bring a microwave, a coffee pot, or both, to your room, at no extra charge. (Extra pillows, too).
I apologize that you felt our breakfast was inadequate. Our Deluxe Continental Breakfast offers as much or more than the other motels that are in our price range here in Branson -- with biscuits and gravy, two kinds of waffles, two kinds of pancakes, French toast, muffins, donuts, English Muffins, Toast, Fruit cups, four kinds of dry cereal, and oatmeal, we have something to satisfy most appetites. I know there was a confusion on where breakfast was served. During the slower months, we offer breakfast in our lobby, as guests are instructed at check-in. We had anticipated speaking to your group, as a whole, and letting them know about the breakfast location, our complimentary evening snacks, and the fact that they were to call the office if they needed anything else. However, in essence of time, your group leader stated that he would relay that information to you. Obviously, that did not happen.
Once again, I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. I appreciate your pointing out our shortcomings. Thank you, and God Bless You!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
mtnview
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

My first hotel lost my reservation and wouldn't honor the rates I was told then refused cash. I called and called the bigger hotels everywhere was full or wouldn't answer my calls. I'm really glad now cause if that hadn't happened I wouldn't have found this place. The staff was amazing and so nice the rooms were clean with plenty of room for 3 girls to get ready for volleyball a tournament. It may not have had a water slide but I will take friendly honest ppl and clean rooms any day over that. And the rates were half of what they wanted elsewhere and still in a very good location.

• Stayed April 2014
Springville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My friend and I came to Branson for New Years Eve and the motel I regularly stay at was closed for the season. I had some friends tell me about the Classic Motor Inn and it looked like a nice little place so we booked our room. Overall I was happy with our stay. There were a couple of minor issues...but it was okay.

First impression was great! The front desk lady knew we had come to town to see the Haygoods New Years Eve show and she was nice enough to give us a promotional poster for the show when we checked in. She was so nice and friendly!

First of all the rooms are nice. They are clean and good sized. We asked for a fridge and micro and they made sure we got a room that had those things for no extra charge. The breakfast area was really nice. It got a little cramped with us and another family getting breakfast, but as long as you waited your turn it was all good. They had biscuits and gravy, bagels, toast, cereal, fruit...quite a variety. And I loved the look of the breakfast area...very clean and well put together. At night, in that same area they have popcorn...and we got some of that and it was really good!

Our first day at the motel we accidently locked ourselves out of our room (super embarrassing) but we told the lady at the front desk and she was really nice about it and got us back into our room.

Our only issues were...the bathrooms are tiny! So small you literally have to lift the toilet seat up in order to close and open the bathroom door. There was a weird yellow stain on the wall in the bathroom we told the lady about so she wouldn't think we did it and she was a little rude about it saying "well I don't charge for wall stains". We did not receive cleaning service for the second half of our stay. It was a miscommunication with the staff...and the front desk lady was nice enough to come take care of it when we went down to complain, but she wasn't real happy about it and made that pretty clear. BUT she did make it right by coming to take care of it and apologized the next morning when we checked out. So we really didn't have any major problems with it because she was nice enough to fix the problem.

The motel is pretty neat. We went at Christmas time and the lobby was decorated cute and there was a classic car in the lobby too!

Overall we really liked it. The issues were minor and if we were back in town when my regular motel is closed down, we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Rolla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We really enjoy staying at The Classic Motor Inn. We have been staying there during our visits to Branson for the last few years. The rooms are very clean. The owners and staff are wonderful! They are very friendly and helpful. The pool is very nice in the summer. It is off the main strip but very easy to access. All the rooms have a refrigerator which is very nice.

Kosciusko, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is about five times we have stayed @ the Classic Motor Inn. Every time we were there the staff was very friendly , The ladies at desk service was very nice having a long list of all the shows in Branson The rooms were very clean , the maids were very friendly, the breakfast was very good,the snacks @ night popcorn & cookies were always fresh. The Hotel rates were the best we could find in Branson. The Hotel is Pet friendly, without a pet fee. I would recommend this Hotel &its Staff to everyone. These are good people. This is the only Hotel we will stay at in Branson .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I were at the Classic Motor Inn for three nights early in March 2014. The staff and owners are super nice. They will make sure your stay is enjoyable and do more in giving you information on events in Branson. Breakfast was good and you feel welcomed to stay longer at the table and drink coffee which is available all day. So is popcorn. The rooms are great. The location is central and best of all, you don't hear traffic go by at night.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here March 13-16. Spacious room! And, according to my daughter, it was the cleanest shower she's ever seen in a motel. The room was very clean. We had a non smoking room, didn't smell any smoke while there. When I made the reservation, I informed them we would be a late arrival. This was no problem for them, just let them know when we arrive. Also, I was asked if there was an issue with stairs, I said no. She asked if a second floor room would be ok then. It was. How nice, to be asked. The breakfast was a little lacking for us, but it could be we didn't wake up until 9:30. There was coffee, which is ready all we need for a while. The motel complex was quiet, I slept better there than I had in months. The bed was comfy, the room temperature was adjusted to our preference, perfect sleeps. I will definitely stay here on future visits. Staff always asked if everything was ok,,if we needed anything. Oh, and got the senior rate, nice. Allowed me to spend more at Kirby and Bambie Vanburch show....which is another review.

Room Tip: We had room 210, second room from the stairs. Don't except to part close to your room. There is...