“Comfortable hotel, not so great location.” 3 of 5 stars

Gazebo Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2424 W. Hwy. 76, Branson, MO 65616   |
Ranked #86 of 150 Hotels in Branson
North Louisiana
“Comfortable hotel, not so great location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

I am writing this from my room at the Gazebo Inn. Contrary to earlier reviews, the internet does work! Our room was very clean, even though it was a bit small. The beds are very comfortable, & there were extra pillows in the room. Plenty of towels also for the two of us. Some sort of floor lamp between the beds would have been nice. There is no overhead light & it is somewhat hard to see without opening the drapes at times. More space around the sink would have been nice. The best part about this room is the jacuzzi tub! Even though it is in a small bathroom, the tub is large & the jets are great! The staff has been very nice. I have not tried the breakfast, but my husband has had no complaints. The location has been the most negative part of the stay for us. Although it is on the strip, it is a bit hard to see the hotel due to the traffic because it is literally down in a hole on the side of the hill. We were also in the very back row of the back building. This was our first stay in Branson. We will probably stay off of the strip on our next visit now that we have learned how to get around the area & how to avoid long waits in traffic.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fort Wayne, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

Very clean and friendly staff; location was excellent and the breakfast was very good! If ever in that area again, I would stay there in a heart beat.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Newkirk, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

The room was very clean. We were asked several times through the day if everything was okay. Even at a higher rate we would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2008

My Husband and I had a very good stay at the Gabezo Inn, Branson, MO. We booked on the I-net and had no problem. We made reservation the evening before we arrived, and we didn't arrive until 5:30pm. They were ready and waiting for us. Very nice desk clerks. My husband is handicapped and they asked us if we needed help with luggage. No we didn't, but how very nice of them to ask. I was very suprised when they told us the front desk is closed from 11PM until 7AM, That is different! We were in our room for about ten minutes when the front desk called to ask us if every thing was satisfactory with our room, parking, etc. We said yes. They told us to call the front desk if we needed anything. Nice size room and very clean. Had good nights sleep, do suggest if you are warm natured turn the thermostat down lower than you normally would. Went to the breakfast room around 9am. Found a good selection of things, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, several flavors of yogurt, bagels, cereals, fresh fruit.. Just about what you find at most hotels, & usually what I have at home, coffee, yogurt, fruit. Unless they or 4 to 5 star, then It's breakfast in bed for me. I have seen some reviews that were negative about Helen, the breakfast attendant , were you having a bad day? Oh well, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I thought she was very sweet. When we walked in she very simply made a statement that she would show us where everything was to make it easier for us. We thought she was very sweet and added that grandmotherly touch. I have stayed at many different motel and hotels, 5 star to the "just get me out of here" emergency motel because I can't drive any further. For the price and service we will stay here on the next trip. Thanks Gabezo Inn for accomodating us on such short notice with polite caring staff.

• Liked — Wonderful and helpful staff
  • Disliked — A/C turn the thermostat down low if you are warm natured
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

After many hours of trying to find a place in Branson to stay we found the Gazebo Inn online. It seemed ok and my wife loved the quaintness of it. After arriving at 4:00 our room was still not ready - we should have just left. We waited for another 45 minutes before given keys to the room. Once we drove down to the second building where our room was our keys would not work so we drove back up and were issued new ones. Still no luck so they moved us to another room in the first building. We threw our stuff in there becuase we had to eat and then go to a show. We got back to the hotel around 10:30 and then at 11pm the golf cart parked right outside our door gets started and an employee takes it to the back building. The next day when we got back housekeeping never came to our room but it was so late ( midnight) that we just let it go, besides the office was closed anyway. Then the next morning at 9 am housekeeping walks into our room without knocking and says that he didn't have our room as being rented. I had to tell them who I was and that I moved rooms when I first checked in - so they had no idea that I was in that room for two days! After being woke up I decided to stop by the breakfast room and get some fruit or something but it is too small and I couldn't even get in. I talked to the manager in the morning and he just defended everything that happened stating that errors happen - which I understand too but it was just too many errors. He did offer me a gift certificate that I could come back on - I passed explaining that I never have intentions of coming back.

• Liked — the only thing was their location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
KC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

We booked this motel for a stay over the 4th of July weekend. On the second day, we stopped by our room for a minute to walk our dog and take back off to make our plans on time, and arrived to find the door lock wouldn't work. We were locked outside with our 22 month old son and had our dog locked inside due to stuck hardware in the mechanism.

They were unable to unlock it and had to break the lock out after drilling it with a hole saw to get in (did I mention my dog is terrified of power tools and extreme noise like this?). This took over 1 1/2 hours, completely ruining our evening plans and on time arrival at them. We were then moved into a different room. I moved all of our stuff over to it (staff offered to help, but didn't want our personal items handled).

Then on the evening of the 4th at about 11:30 p.m., after spending 1 1/2 hours in traffic trying to get back to our room after watching fireworks, we returned to find the lock on the new room wouldn't read either of our key cards. I had to go to the office (which was closed) and call an emergency number on there while my wife, very tired son, and dog waited. Then we had to wait over 20 minutes for the manager to open the door with his key card. The manager tried to say the next day that the lock batteries were low was why it didn't work (yet his card did???), however I had the desk clerk check the cards, and he said they had no information on them, leading me to believe when the manager did activate them for the new room, he didn't activate them long enough for them to work the remainder of our stay.

It was obvious maintenance upkeep isn't a big concern at this place due to rotted railings near the office, old looking rooms, and even no grout in the tile back trim in the bathrooms. Not to mention locks that don't work consistently.

We did get a comp for one night for our troubles, but for a ruined vacation, it wasn't even remotely worth it. The staff were all friendly and helpful, it was just a bad overall experience and they need to spend some money to update the finishes and make sure the locks actually work consistently.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2008

The hotel was well maintained, the staff was very friendly and helpful, furnishings were very nice, great location and the continental breakfast was very good (consisted of hard boiled eggs, bagels, toast, yogurt, mixed fruit, juice, coffee, donuts/rolls and cereal). I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Branson.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — All was good
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Gazebo Inn? Share your experiences!