“Not impressed” 2 of 5 stars

235 Schaefer Drive, Branson, MO 65616   |
Ranked #17 of 150 Hotels in Branson
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

First off I want to say that I have stayed in many different hotels in Branson over the years. The Spinning Wheel Inn is not on the top of my list to stay in again when I am in the area. The beds were very uncomfortable and there were only 2 very flat pillows for each queen bed. The bathroom where the toilet and shower are was very tiny and the light was very dark. The shower head is very low (I am only 5'6") and I needed to do a back bend to get my head under the water flow to wash my hair. The carpet and bed comforters looked old and out of date. The breakfast was very small and consited of donuts and bagels and the organge juice tasted terrible and was more of an "orange drink" than juice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SpinningWheelInn, Owner at Spinning Wheel Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear ADTPT, Thanks for staying with us during your trip to Branson. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are family owned and operated budget motel and we strive to be the cleanest and most affordable. Anytime our customers are not happy we try to accommodate the best we can. We do offer extra pillows at the front desk, as well as we could have put memory foam on the beds for your stay. If you would have spoke to the front desk we could have tried to make your stay more pleasant. If we don't know, we can't fix the problem. As far as the shower head and smaller bathroom, we have an average sized bathroom comparible to other motels, so I am sorry it did not meet your needs. Again I am sorry that you enjoy your stay, and we hope that you would reconsider by giving us another chance in the future. Happy holidays and best wishes!

Jennifer Moore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Grain Valley, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is a small, family owned motel and feels very personal. It is on the "quiet" end of the 76 strip and very accessible to Silver Dollar City and other attractions. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. The continental breakfast is good, with dry cereal, oatmeal, toast, bagels, doughnuts and juice. There is also a coffee maker and refrigerator in the room, which is very convenient. The play area on the grounds is great for small kids or just sitting. I have stayed here many times over the last several years and the quality has stayed consistently high. It is my first choice for any trip to Branson.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SpinningWheelInn, Owner at Spinning Wheel Inn, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Shirleyj605, Happy Holidays! Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review! We appreciate your repeat business and are always happy to hear that you enjoyed your stays with us :) We will look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Branson. Thanks again and best wishes throughout the holiday season and new year!

Blue Springs, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

One of the things that swayed me toward a stay at the Spinning Wheel Inn was the great reviews at Tripadvisor. The Spinning Wheel is as advertised. Our second-floor room was very comfortable and spacious. It included a roomy mini fridge and 4 cup coffee maker, both great to have for a traveler on a budget. The location can not be beat. It is on the west end of the strip on a quiet side street. This not only allowed for very peaceful sleeping, but but peaceful driving as well (no left turns onto 76!). The motel is also just off the yellow route for even quicker trips across town. This was our fourth trip to Branson, and the last three have really drilled into my head how important it is to find a convenient location.

The continental breakfast consisted donuts, oatmeal, cereal, bagels, etc. Nothing fancy, but enough variety to satisfy the traveler on a budget. The bed was on the firm side, but I prefer firm and slept great. I found the tub and shower a little cramped. But I'm a pretty tall guy, and I find most hotel bathrooms a bit on the small side. I will say that there was a shampoo dispenser awkwardly placed on the side of the tub that proved to be a bit of an obstacle.

I can't rave enough about the staff. The check in/out process was smooth. And the housekeeping was great as well. A special thanks to Tim, our housekeeper. The room was always immaculate when we returned. Taking cleanliness, comfort, price, great staff and location all into consideration, I honestly do not think I would stay anywhere else in Branson.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SpinningWheelInn, Owner at Spinning Wheel Inn, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Brian_P_in_KC, Hello! Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your stay in Branson. We appreciate your business and are always happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Also thanks for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review :) We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip. Happy holidays and thanks again!

Gilmer, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is our fourth trip to Branson and we have stayed at the Spinning Wheel the last three times and will continue to stay there on future visits. My wife and I brought our daughter and three grandchildren to see Joseph at Sight and Sounds Theater on June 10, 2012. Once again, clean rooms, friendly people, and the exterior is spotless and appealing to the eye. This is the best value in Branson!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SpinningWheelInn, Owner at Spinning Wheel Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Grover B, Thanks you for your repeat business! We appreciate that you took the time to write us such a pleasant review. We are always happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you and your family again on your next trip to Branson. Thanks again and best wishes!

Happy Holidays,

Pacific, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I went to Branson for an early anniversary getaway and found this hotel, so we decided to try it. So glad we did! Wonderful!!!!!! We will be back again, forsure! Really quiet and 2 blocks off the strip and easy to find! You won't be sorry, that's forsure!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SpinningWheelInn, Owner at Spinning Wheel Inn, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Browneyedmooma, Thank you for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review. We appreciate your business and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your Anniversary Getaway with us :) We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Branson. Thanks again and best wishes!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place was clean and a great price. They checked us in early and were friendly. It is an older place but I don't care about that because it was well kept and clean. I will stay here again and recommend to others also.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ajdietsch, Hello! Thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate your business and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Branson. Thanks again and best wishes!

Blue Springs, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

My hubby and I went to Branson to celebrate our wedding anniversary and needed a budget hotel for one night. I searched tripadvisor for a cheap motel with high ratings and stumbled on this one. We reserved a single king for $39.95 which was within our price range. We checked in at 2:00 PM which I like the early check-in time. (check-out is 11:00 AM) Upon entering our room I couldn't help notice how CLEAN the room was. I am a neat freak and this place was spotless! It was good size with table and chairs, coffee maker, refrigerator, and our room had a Jacuzzi tub. The only complaints would be the bed was a little hard and lack of breakfast items but for the price I could overlook it. I liked the location, it was a couple blocks off the strip but close to the attractions we wanted to go visit. Overall I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. You won't regret it!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear BraysMom03, Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay during your Anniversary. For future reservations, if you like a softer bed, request for us to put a memory foam topper on the bed to make your stay with us more comfortable. Thanks again and best wishes!

Jennifer Moore

Been to Spinning Wheel Inn? Share your experiences!