“Nice place to stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pryor, Oklahoma
“Nice place to stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We know there are many choices in Branson to stay at. What makes this stand out is the people
who run it..Always, welcoming and smiling.. Don;t forget the breakfast, it's the best and they work hard. Great relaxing place to stay.. I came with no teenagers, an she asked me if I had any kids with me today, I explained it was just my husband an I. She said I will find you a quiet room where you can have PEACE!! She did..Give it a try!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We are repeat customers and always look forward to our stay at Seven Gables! The warm hospitality of the owners makes us feel more like family than guests. Everything from the comfy pillow top mattress to the hot, delicious breakfast each morning makes for a very pleasant stay. This is not a five star hotel but the rooms are clean, the staff is hospitable, and overall, a very good value for the price. Always enjoy chatting with the other guests at breakfast where everyone is on a first name basis with owner, Grace. If you want high end accommodations, call the Hilton. If you want a clean, comfortable room with down-home hospitality at a reasonable rate, stay at Seven Gables. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2013
Hays, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you are looking for a friendly, family run and affordable hotel. We spent four nights and had a great breakfast with our hosts personally serving each morning. Grace and her family work hard to pleasantly accommodate the guests including ordering discount show tickets and offering recommendations. The rooms were spotless and comfortable.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so ask for a lower floor if stairs are a problem.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Whitwell, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Wonderful property! Clean, comfortable, well appointed rooms, comfortable beds and each room has a flat screen TV and other amenities. Breakfast is a full item breakfast cooked on site daily and hot as well as cold items and many varieties of beverages. The staff is superb to say the least and caring for your every comfort. Eager to please in every way and totally committed to the comfort and pleasure of each guest. Will definitely always use this property whenever I am in Branson either individually or with my tour groups. The value given for the money is absolutely great. Other similar hotels would have charged twice the rate for less service.

Room Tip: Stay here and spend the extra money on the shows!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have stayed at the Seven Gables in Branson have enjoyed my stay there every time we love going there it is clean and neat with a wonderful breakfast it is a good place to enjoy your stay,I tell all my friends to go here very friendly place to stay very close to all the wonderful shows you can go and see

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We learned, once again, that you get what you pay for. Based on others' reviews, I expected a really great experience here. I was wrong, and it just goes to show that everyone has an opinion. I should begin by saying that if you compare other older motels LIKE this one, this one was on par with those. But compared to the better chains and the like, this was awful. 1) We didn't sleep at ALL the one night we were there because the "room darkening" curtains just covered the size of the window and didn't allow for the white light that came in above and below the window! The result was enough light in the room to read by.....at 2:00 a.m.! 2) The air conditioner was one of these below-window units that kicks on and off with a rattling noise. It was enough to wake the dead. I even used ear plugs, but it didn't help. 3) Bedding was thin and cheap. Yes, the sheets were clean, but the only blanket on the bed was a thin bedspread, and everybody knows you don't want THAT up by your face, so I hauled out two blankets in the dresser that looked like they came from my bed when I was a kid 40 years ago. Very tattered and cheap, which would definitely deter theft. 3) The breakfast room was a converted guest room under the stairs. It was a little weird because we couldn't find it. More signage needed if you're coming from another part of the motel. 4) NO elevator! The receptionist did ask me when we checked in if the second floor was all right, and I readily said fine. But I didn't even consider having to haul luggage up a flight of stairs to an outside door. My fault there. 5) Dingy towels in desperate need of bleaching. They were grayish, and I think they were clean, but who knows? 6) Shower head was very short. My 6' 3" husband stepped out of the shower and said he was able to wash his hair, and I said "that's nice, dear." And he amended, "my chest hair." 7) Breakfast -- instead of individual, sanitary packets of jelly and butter that you find elsewhere, there were open jars that you had to scoop out with a spoon. I was hoping no one using them before us had a cold.......Having said all this, I will say that the little Korean lady who ran the front desk was extremely pleasant and very accommodating, so I will give kudos for that. Even at the better chains, you don't get that kind of friendliness. So, bottom line, if you want a very good price and don't mind the above inconveniences, you could stay here and probably do all right. If you've had a taste of better sheets, blankets, darkened rooms, breakfasts, shower heads, you'll be very disappointed and run, don't walk, when it comes time to leave.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor, unless you want a good workout.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Based upon the hotel website and others' reviews, my expectations for this establishment were reasonably high, though shortlived. Branson was a one-night stop for us, and so we were excited to be provided lodging and tickets to a show for such a reasonable price. On a positive note, the reservationist was quite accommodating to our needs ... but upon arrival our experience dwindled thereafter. The room was an allergy-sufferer's nightmare, with dust and cobwebs collected upon the air vents. The shower had no temperature regulation, thus my feet were immediately scalded by water set to a position just above lukewarm. In search of vending machines, we were greeted by an OPEN sign but a locked, dark, front door. A couple of bug kills and clogged nostrils later, our subpar sleep was disrupted by the screams of unruly children and their families en route to and inside the outdoor pool at 6:30 AM!!! There's nothing quite like a noisy herd running back and forth, with car horn blows and cell phone chatter between, along an exterior corridor common unto a weary traveler who no longer bears skin across the soles of her feet. Needless to say, we forfeited our free breakfast in favor of a good, clean Krispy Kreme nearby, and while our complaints to the staff member at the front desk upon checkout were met only with a "we'll check it out", we certainly won't ever return to see if anyone actually did. The Legends In Concert show was wonderful, and the food at Cakes-n-Creams was equally pleasing ... in hindsight, however, we would have been better to have bought our own tickets and moved on to the next city for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Seven Gables Inn? Share your experiences!