“Average Family Restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 325 Restaurants in Branson
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Millersburg, Ohio
“Average Family Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This restaurant was one of our stops on our bus trip to Branson. We ordered off the menu and the food was good, came hot, but nothing out of the ordinary, keeping in mind they offer home-cooking. There was one quite entertaining and weird moment. We had a table of 6 people across from us and they were having a good time, laughing and carrying on and there was a really short lady in that group. Then I thought I was seeing things -- it seemed like the short lady was either shrinking or slipping off her chair. Just as I was going to say something, I noticed that the tall guy sitting beside her also appeared to be slipping down! Then I realized that the same was happening to all 6 people at that table!!! Well, here this is a "trick" table which slowly rising, and all of us around that table were noticing this. We all had quite a laugh. That was pretty neat! Our server came over and said they have that table to see people's reaction. Sort of like Candid Camera!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Tennessee
“Average food, rude servers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is a big restaurant and apparently a lot of tour groups are funneled here as a result. It seems like the entire second floor is set up for large groups. There are very limited food selections if you are with a group. Service was poor and you never seem to see the same server twice, so if you ask for something you probably won't get it. Honestly the best part of the meal was dessert. If you aren't with a group I would recommend going elsewhere; if you are with a group, urge your leader to find somewhere else if possible.

Visited April 2013
Shenandoah, Iowa
“After this looooong wait.... I found your hair!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I traveled with the Moostash Joe Tour and when our bus of 38 people arrived, McFarlains had lost our reservation. They were not ready for us and so we had to wait at least 20 minutes to get seated. Although, it didn't help that a few other buses were also there. They were extremely busy. But, when we finally sat down and ordered, we waited and waited and waited. Our waitress did apologize and brought out some corn bread for us. Then the food arrived, on top of it being cold, mom found a hair in her food. Needless to say, we lost our appetite and didn't finish our meal. I do have to say, customer service is spot on, we got our meal for free. Our waitress was very pleasant and nice and I know she was very stressed with as many customers that she had. We did give her a nice tip.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Little Rock, AR
“McFarlain's Chicken and Dumplings Lacking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Noon visit found a staff seemingly overwhelmed by a large conference group although the restaurant was not full. I found the response of some of the staff somewhat uncharacteristic considering the large number of bus groups they must attend to. Our waitress was calm and appeared unhurried although she was extremely efficient and welcoming. Our order was delivered accurately and surprisingly quick. I ordered chicken and dumplin's which I understood was a signature dish. What I received was a bowl of some sort of clear gelatinous liquid (I would describe this as a mess, but want to be kind.) with a couple of slivers of chicken and five flour balls about the size of a jack ball floating in it. Oh, yes, I did see a few green peas and small pieces of carrots. Needless to say, the dumplin's were disappointing, but the corn bread was to die for. As we were completing our meal, two entertainers who had set up near by with a bass and a guitar, began to yell at the diners. I thought this was untimely as there were many diners waiting to be seated and I felt the entertainers would encourage some guests to remain at their tables after completing their meal. We usually run when entertainers approach as we enter a restaurant to dine, and we completed our meal to exit and let waiting customers have our table. This experience was totally unlike previous experiences with this property, and will not keep me from returning, but I think the chicken and dumplin's will not be a choice for future meals.

Visited April 2013
Angleton, Texas
“I was disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I really hate writing bad reviews because I know sometimes people have "off" days, but our recent trip to McFarlain's was very bad. I just had to write something. First, they tried to seat us at a table with other people. When we declined, the server seemed upset. Then, the waitress was about as bad as I have ever had. She took forever getting us drinks and never refilled them. She overcharged us on our food. We've come to McFarlain's many times before and had no problems; but after the last trip, we will not be back!

• Visited April 2013