“Farmhouse food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Placerville, California
“Farmhouse food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Had the all-you-can eat shrimp on Thursday. Excellent and the service was fantastic. My wife had the chicken and dumplings. The salad bar was good. Could stand a veggie soup choice but I would recommend this place to anyone. No waiting. Place is clean and a great atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Casual restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I liked this place for its quaintness and menu. Just plain old food - chicken fried steak, burgers, breakfast, etc. I enjoyed my lunch a lot. The restaurant is rather small, so it's possible you might have to wait. I zipped in and out and larger parties seemed to still be there waiting for the check and such. I did love the quart size mason jar that my iced tea came in! I would say check it out - it's probably a really good breakfast place.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“Ok place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here on our first day in Branson. It was good but nothing special. The radio playing over the sound system was a bit annoying because it faded in and out of static. Service was just average and the food was good but again, nothing real special. Overall, it did the trick but we were not impressed enough to want to go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Very good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Food was very good. Service was excellent. Very polite people. I will stop back when i come back to branson

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great food, marginal service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have been here a couple times. It's in a neat location in downtown Branson. It's got very tight quarters. Don't try to bring a party of 20 in here. (not that I have). Our waitress (older lady) took a while to get to us so by the time she approached us we were ready to order drinks and food. I got a burger and some biscuits which was very good. I actually wanted some cornbread, but she waitress told me they don't have cornbread... I was saddened by this. (I guess that's what cracker barrel is for) You get a huge mason jar for your drink which can last your whole meal. Our waitress later disappeared after we got our food and another one finally attended to us (another older lady) and we were ready for a check by that time. I guess it’s an okay place to go with a small party of people who have time on their hands.

• Visited March 2013