“My Favorite!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Tombstone, Arizona
“My Favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Oh my word, this is my favorite restaurant in the world! I love that you get to make your own food! If it doesn't taste good, you have only yourself to blame! LOL! I only wish there was one close to where I live now!

Visited December 2013

“Loud wait staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Food was cold and dried out. Wait staff screams across the room to sir you. Staff talks loudly acrooa the room to each other in their language.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Branson, Missouri
“Just awful.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

This place used to be a part of "The Great Wall" franchise. There was some tornado damage in the spring of 2012 and the restaurant was closed for repairs. When it was reopened a couple months later, the franchise had been dropped and the venue was renamed "Mongolian Grill".

I have now visited 2ce and can say that the food has suffered a great deal from the transformation. Many of the dishes are familiar "Wall" favorites, but the quality of the food is hugely altered. They no longer have to meet franchise standards and they are definitely out to profit from that by operating on the cheap. For example, the lovely little pot-stickers they used to have are gone. In there place are store-bought frozen dumplings. I know, because they are the same brand I buy in Springfield at the Asian grocery store. I ask you: do you go to Pizza Hut to eat frozen pizza from the supermarket or to have food that you don't take the time to make at home?

There were food pans on the buffet not replenished the entire time we were there - we came at 12:45, so it was lunch time. This was especially evident at the sushi bar; There were 6 sushi plates and 3 had food on them. They have moved the sushi to it's own little area and added peel-n-eat shrimp and mussels to the main buffet. They shrimp was nice at lunch, but the mussels are served raw on the half shell w/ a squiggle of sauce. They are very tough, cold & chewy. I liked them much better the old way: braised in a dark sauce. Also sadly changed is the marinated skewered chicken. Same flavor, but not nice plump pieces; they are mere shoestrings of meat. You'd have to grab 4 to make the weight of one of the old ones.

They have added a batter to their marinated fried chicken drummies. I used to love these and I'm sure the batter hasn't damaged the flavor, but I bit into one and the chicken was SPOILED. I told the waiter, I told the cashier - who seems to be running the show - and they told me the chicken was FINE. THEY DID NOT PULL IT FROM THE BUFFET. When I bit into the meat, I very nearly 'lost' the rest of my lunch. The putrid taste of rotten chicken was in my mouth and nose for hours.

If you look at the reviews for "The Wall" you can see that I left them a very good review some years ago. I cannot do that now. It's back to 'Hong Kong' (buffet) for me.
RIP, Great Wall. You are already sorely missed. I wish you'd just raised your prices if you needed more profit. We would have paid.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Mongolian Grill? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mongolian Grill, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.