“First review was deleted. Maids caught lounging in room.” 1 of 5 stars

Grand Country Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1945 West Highway 76, Branson, MO 65616   |
Ranked #72 of 150 Hotels in Branson
Gower, Missouri
“First review was deleted. Maids caught lounging in room.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

When we arrived at 4 pm on Nov 14, only one of the rooms we reserved was ready. We, my father, myself and 2 kids, went up to my room to wait for someone to bring by the key for his room, which was going to be next to mine. The front desk clerk told us his was busy being cleaned.
Upon arriving at my room, the door was partially ajar. When I pushed it open there were people SITTING in the room, ONE on the bed and another at the table, they were just lounging and talking. I closed the door quickly. The women immediately came to the door, said they just finished cleaning my room and walked out. We asked if my father's room (next door to mine) was ready. They opened the door to his room and there were 2 more women. One woman was dressed up like she was going out, the other dressed the same as the other maids. One was laying on the bed talking on the phone, the other at the table. No cleaning supplies were present. If it had not been for the freezing rain, we would have left right then.

Let me make this perfectly clear: My last review that stated these facts was removed by trip advisor. It contained no profanity nor did it make statements that were false. I had been given the key to my room, my father had not. Both of the rooms were PAID for when we arrived at my room to wait. There were "maids" lounging around in it when I got to my room. That being said, there's more.

The room they gave me was on the end of the row of rooms right next to the stairwell and vending. The walls were paper thin and we were kept up all night by people coming and going. The woman who took my reservation the previous night told me they only had 6 rooms left, so I booked the rooms. It was apparent the rooms were not completely booked so I was aggravated that I was given a room in such an awful location for the same price as the ones that are next to the waterpark. We stayed in the unit furthest from the main property.

If you stay here, make sure when you book that you are booking a room in the main unit if you want to be near the waterpark and make sure you don't end up with a corner room if you want to get any sleep.

I did receive a phonecall from a woman claiming to be the general manager a few days after our stay. She was not sympathetic to what happened, tried to convince me the maids were cleaning and that their maids don't require cleaning supplies or a maid cart. (none of which was present when they were lounging in my room.) They apparently only use "rag". She said she would do some checking, would call me back, never heard from her again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

So we just got here and may need to give it some time, but I am not impressed at all about the old tube tv with fuzzy channels and horribly outdated rooms...... I made this reservation thinking I'd be in at least a room from the 20th centry...... so far a big waste of money..... I'll check back Sunday when we leave this interestingly outdated room.....

• Stayed December 2014
Travis H, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Country Inn, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hello James,

We are sorry to hear that your initial outlook on the resort was unpleasant for you. We do our best to provide an affordable room for guests, while also offering them many activities and attractions to entertainment them on property. We have recently undergone a room renovation in many rooms, and are working towards completing that renovation in all rooms after our holiday season. These renovations do include a new flatscreen TV in the rooms. We hope that as you stayed with us, you were able to enjoy all the other aspects of the resort, and we hope that with these room renovations, we can earn your happiness and your business again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Great deal! We have used the packages every time. We even left a little early to get up there and fr up there 12 hours before our check in time and we still we able to check into our room! Very friendly staff. Shows are amazing! Just very pleased all together for a big family me my wife and 4 kids you just can't get a better deal! Will return

• Stayed December 2014
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Family of three recently stayed in the three story unit farthest from the indoor water park. You could tell that our room had been remodeled and look very nice. My daughter loved the bunk bed, however the regular bed could use remodeling of its own. Not very comfortable and occasionally you could feel the springs. Some of the wallpaper was loose, but still in place. Plenty of water pressure and hot water in the shower. The bathroom area, was below average for size, but tolerable even for us tall folks. The indoor waterpark was enjoyed by my daughter. The water slides, hot tubs and lazy river were the main attractions. The walk from our building was only 2 or 3 minutes, so even in the cold weather it was not too bad. Overall the holiday package was a nice value. Though the comedy jamboree was a little cheesy, there was moments of laughter. The grand jubilee show was very good with plenty of exceptional talented musician's. Check in and out was fast and courteous.

Room Tip: Request the bunk beds if you have children.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Travis H, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Country Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello Gary,

We wanted to thank you for your review and for choosing us as your destination over the holidays. We are happy to tell you that we have ordered new mattresses for our king and queen beds, which should be arriving and put in to place by the end of the year. We would love to have you back to enjoy a clubhouse room again, now with a brand new king or queen mattress as well!

Fort Dodge, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This inn is comfortable and located in a convenient complex of shops, restaurant, and theater. The only problem we experienced was a loud motor noise during the night. Our room was located near the utilities room.

Room Tip: Book a room away from the utilities/operating room on the first floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in November 2014. Our room was not ready at check in time. We paid the extra money for the bunkhouse room, the kids liked it, but I was disappointed with it. The rooms were old and overpriced. The indoor water park was run down about like the room. The indoor waterpark was very small and the water was quite cold. Typically, I can't get my kids out of the water, but after the first night, they did not want to go back. The service at the front desk was not good. I would not recommend this hotel or the waterpark.

• Stayed November 2014
Hello,

Your review has been passed along to our hotel and water park management teams, and we wanted to take a moment to apologize for any poor service you received while staying with us. We do our best to make each and every guest feel as though they are family, and we will discuss ways to avoid issues like this in the future.

We began renovations to our hotel and water park this year, and have successfully completed many projects, but still have a few underway. We apologize for any inconvenience or sub par appearance you may have encountered during your stay. We plan to have all renovations completed by the end of the year, and we hope that by discussing the service issues you encountered, and our recent renovations, we can earn back your business in Branson.

Cape Girardeau, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked a package through Grand Country Inn for the weekend. From the time I called to book it, till the time we left, we had a great time! Check in was smooth and easy. The front desk staff was very friendly and we were even upgraded to the new kid clubhouse room for free! The boys loved being in their own little room with tv and seperate beds! The package comes with so much stuff to do there is never a dull moment. My boys played in the arcade & I must say these machines are not stingy on their tickets! Just for the little amout they played they both got a lot of tickets. Which made them happy! I also didn't know until we got there that you get a little card which gives you free coffee, water or unsweet tea at the many different places at grand country! We seen the Comedy Jubilee which we left at intermission. We didn't feel like it was kid appropriate. We also seen Amazing Pets and that was a great show! We all loved it! Our boys thought it was awesome when the birds flew over us! The comedy was great! And just a all around good family show! The pizza was good. We all liked it! We had a great time at the Farm Mini Golf. It was a neat course! The waterpark was a blast! We didn't get to play as much as we had hoped. But the little time that we were there was a blast! The boys loved it! And I enjoyed the hot tub and lazy river which went fast and I liked that! Our room was very clean! The decor was bright and fun! And all the employees were friendly! Only bummer is....we forgot our free sample of fudge! Oh well, there's always next time!

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Grand Country Inn? Share your experiences!