“Stone Hill 'Fine-ery'...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 196 Activities in Branson
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Ranked as the third largest in the world, this winery was established in 1847 and is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Kokomo, Indiana
16 attraction reviews
“Stone Hill 'Fine-ery'...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Branson, Missouri is a glorious paradise with places of give and take; some places are just touristy overkill and others are worth any amount of time.

A friend suggested this place, as I am a big wine collector. I wound up taking a tour as part of enjoying my vacation. We arrived just a few minutes before the tour and I felt, "Okay, let me go with the flow of things", not expecting a whole lot. The tour is quick (this is done because of steady crowds), but I enjoyed every minute of it. I really wish that I wrote down the guide's name because he was excellent and got the crowd of people involved. He knew his stuff. The tour is an absolute must. A tasting of their top wines are done at the end of the tour. This is done in a way where people congregate and strangers turn into friends along with the tour guide. A nice concept. A wide gift shop and store can be browsed through; I bought two gorgeous wine stoppers and there were so many things I enjoyed that I had to stop myself before I spent too much...and that's a good thing. Recommended. Great place for adult groups (friends, family, dates). Nice location with easy access on the Yellow Route and not far from the Red Route.

Visited July 2012

11 attraction reviews
“Great for One hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

If you have one hour to kill, you would enjoy the different flavors they have to taste. Then the kids can enjoy some good, smooth grape juice. All in the family enjoyed the time. If you like Bourbon, you must try the Cream Sherry.

9 attraction reviews
“Not for kids!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I recently had a rare weekend together in Branson. Driving around one day we realized that we have never taken the tour of the winery. The tour is not long but was very informative! If you don't know much about wines, this would be a great place to learn the basics.

While we were in the tasting room it struck me that we could have easily come in with our kids and this would NOT have been the appropriate place for them. Branson is a very family friendly town but not everything there is made for kids!

Visited February 2013
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
4 attraction reviews
“Very Disappointed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Very disappointed when we went to Stone Hill Winery. I had read good reviews and wanted to check it out. When we pulled in there were about six cars in the parking lot. When we walked in we were greeted and told to look around why there were three employees standing at the desk. They asked if we "needing anything". We told them we had never been and the response was "just holler if you need help". When another couple came in they asked what about the tour and they were told "well, if you want to I guess we can but the bottling part isn't going today" . We left.

Mount Vernon, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
“fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

it's a neat place to go and taste wines the tour wasn't that long but the wine tasting was nice and the staff seems to be very knowledgable and on top of it its free can't beat that :) right off the strip easy access I would go again anytime

Visited July 2012