“Absolutely Love it” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 144 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: Walk among over 1,000 live tropical butterflies! At The Butterfly Palace & Rainforest Adventure, guests can walk among thousands of live butterflies from around the world! Each journey also includes a 3-D movie about the incredible life of a butterfly, a chance to check out some amazing creatures in the Rainforest Critter Center, and a chance to get lost in the Emerald Forest Mirror Maze. This is an interactive, educational, and entertaining adventure the whole family will love!
Texas City Texas
“Absolutely Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

I have read some of the reviews and just don't understand the negative comments. We visited the Butterfly Palace last September (2007) and was the first place I wanted to go in Branson when we came back this October (2008). There is a very large abundance of butterflies and flowers in the rain forest plus a very nice display of reptiles in another room. This is a photographers dream world.
Pricey? Yes! However, everything is pricey in Branson and there are lots of place to get free discount coupons.
I know of no other place where you can view close up such a varitey of beautiful butterflies and Orchids.
I don't know when we will come back to Branson but when we do, The Butterfly Palace will be one of our first stops.

South Jersey
“A nice change of pace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

Of course it is at the top of a hill, isn't everything in Branson. It is an inviting building, the staff is friendly. The 3-D movie intro is high quality. You feel your could just reach out and touch the butterflies. Then you go and intermingle with the real butterflies. Beautiful varieties. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed it. A must do is the Emerald Forest maze and a visit to the rainforest critter area which are wide-eyed wonders for both the adults and the children of the families who toured with us.

rogers,ar
“60 dollar butterfly palace”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

We recently visited the Butterfly Palace and were kind of dissapointed it was kind of downhill when we found out how much it would cost for 2 adults and 2 small children i think we were in shock that it was $60. But we paid and thought boy this must be really good. The movie was ok for the adults but the children could really care less. We saw the butterflies yeah they were pretty but i just could not get over the 60 dollars. The whole critter section was a big joke,there was like 5 critters we still were not impressed. The highlight of the whole place was the maze! we liked it so much we went through it twice! The maze was pretty much the only thing that my kids got excited about, but not worth 60 dollars!

Missouri
31 attraction reviews
“Keep Driving - Expensive and very few butterflies”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

My 10 year old daughter loves butterflies so we thought this would be a great place to take her. We were there 7/21/08 and it was a huge disappointment. It was expensive and very boring. I agree with one of the other reviews...where's the butterflies? We saw so many more butterflies visiting the Tulsa zoo at a small traveling exhibit. Don't waste you time and money here. It really felt like a tourist trap.

LA
“wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

Our family visited March 7, 2008 and we had a wonderful time. My mom and I had visited several years ago at the previous location on Fall Creek Road but this location is so much nicer and is also larger. The staff was friendly and knowledgable at our visit. We viewed the film and then went to see the butterflies. My brother and sister-n-law had never seen a similiar location so it was a new experience for them and they were just aa thrilled as I was. One of the staff members even brought some of the butterlies over for my mom to touch and hold (these were the ones which were expiring I believe). We probably were there at least an hour and we did not see nearly all that is available for the visit. My mother was experiencing health problems on the day of our visit and we did find it necessary to leave early; however the staff offered us return tickets for later in our vacation (though we did nto have time to make a return visit). I agree it may be on the expensive side but so is a 3 minute ride on the go-carts down the strip. And it is no more expensive than most of the other museum type attractions. I will CERTAINLY attend every time I visit Branson.