“Up Close and Personal with the Butterfly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #108 of 219 attractions in Branson
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Walk among over 1,000 live tropical butterflies! At The Butterfly Palace & Rainforest Adventure, guests can walk among thousands of live butterflies from around the world! Each journey also includes a 3-D movie about the incredible life of a butterfly, a chance to check out some amazing creatures in the Rainforest Critter Center, and a chance to get lost in the Emerald Forest Mirror Maze. This is an interactive, educational, and entertaining adventure the whole family will love!
Arlington Heights, Illinois
19 attraction reviews
“Up Close and Personal with the Butterfly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I wasn't really sure that I wanted to do this, but it totally blew me away! Not sure why they have reptiles on the ground floor, but the gift shop had some unusual items not found elsewhere. The big attraction here is the garden with all of the butterflies on the second level. You go through a total of 3 sets of doors to keep the butterflies from getting out, but once in the garden it is amazing. All types of beautiful butterflies are flying around. There are things set out to attract them to allow you to get a closer look, but they will land on you as well. I had one on my leg, one on my head and my daughter had one on her shoulder for over 15 minutes. It was truly amazing and gives some insight into one of nature's most beautiful creatures.

Visited June 2013
Brittney B, General Manager at The Butterfly Palace, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We are so glad you decided to visit! You are referring to the Living Rainforest Science Center, where we house live reptiles and amphibians from rainforests all over the world to add even more to your rainforest adventure here at The Butterfly Palace.

Thank you so much for your positive response, we look forward to seeing you again!

Branson, Missouri
“Great Family Fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were looking for something that would be fun for our 2 daughters ages 4 & 2. This was perfect! I would agree with others that it was a pretty penny, but aren't most things in these major tourist towns? I would pay the price again after seeing how age appropriate it was for my children. The adults had fun as well. We enjoyed the butterfly room the best. We had butterflies landing all over us. Some were just brilliant colors! The maze of mirrors was fun for everyone except the 2 year old. It was a bit much for her. I would give this family friendly spot a 5 stars if the price wasn't so expensive.

Visited July 2013
We are so glad to hear your daughters made a life long memory here at The Butterfly Palace! We appreciate your feedback on the price of admission as well. I hope that when you visit again you will search for one of our many coupons available with savings up to buy 1 get 1 1/2 off!

Thank you for your visit and your feedback, we hope to see you again soon!
Houston, TX
20 attraction reviews
“PRICE IS STEEP SO LOOK FOR DISCOUNTS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Butterfly Palace is unique and a great place for kids. I took my five grandchildren (all under five) and they were delighted with the butterflies, enclosed in an aviary. The five-year-old had a butterfly land on his head. The kids also really enjoyed the Mirror Maze. Be sure to have them put their hands out in front of them in the Mirror Maze so they don't bump their heads! Although we all enjoyed the Butterfly Palace, the price is pretty steep for a visit that doesn't last very long. Discount coupons are sometimes available.

Topeka, Kansas
6 attraction reviews
“Fun and Interesting for all ages!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a place that if we do it again, we will go in the morning and then again in the evening. When you buy a pass, it is good all day and they have different things throughout the day, different stages of the butterfly activities. If you go, you have to watch the films and do the activities that are included or you will miss out. The kids LOVED it. I would say my husband and I would give it a 3 or a 4,mainly bc you pay so much to go. But if you look around town or ask around, you can usually find discounts for just about anything in Branson. I am not sure we will go again, it is kind of a one stop show, since they boys have seen butterfly pavilions other places, but I would definitely recommend going once for sure!

Visited August 2012
Clever Mo
12 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a very nice place to visit. We took our granddaughters and they had a blast! A worker was taking a large turtle to the back when a little girl got real excited so she stopped and started giving everyone a description of the turtle and let them touch its shell. Did not know you can tell the age of a turtle by counting the rings on his shell... The people are real nice. A lot to do. Were there for over 3 hours. Loved it. Will go again.

Visited July 2013
Brittney B, General Manager at The Butterfly Palace, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
So glad to hear you enjoyed your visit, thank you for your review!