“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #93 of 151 Hotels in Branson
Orlando FL
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel, we spent 7 days and 6 nights. The room was very clean and housekeeping always asked us if we needed anything as did the front desk staff. The Hotel is right on Hwy 76 Country Boulevard in the middle of all the shows and within walking distance to the Tanger Outlets right behind the hotel. We saw the reviews some people wrote and do not understand. We found out the hotel had new owners although and refurbished the rooms in march of this year. Well anyway we loved our stay and will do so again next year.

PS: Price was good for the location!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Republic, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

When we first checked into the hotel, we were given a room key. After walking to the building the room was in and opening the door, we realized we were given a storage room key. We walked back to the office to get another room. I advised the front desk clerk that I had reserved a smoking room and she said "your reservation did not request a smoking room" very rudely. I produced my reservation to prove what I had requested. The room smelled moldy and the tub was dirty. The vents on the air conditioner were broken and very noisy. The air conditioner is located under a table so it is hard to get to. On one of the beds, there was actually blood on the sheets. The internet connection is extremely slow and has been taken over by Branson ads. The listing on the website states that the hotel has movie channels. They have none. The website states they have a spa, but it is actually a home portable spa (that seats 5) but it was even closed/broken. The website states that the office is open 24/7, but it closes at 11 or 12. After returning to the room from going out on the town, I attempted to fill the tub; however, the water was scalding hot - no COLD water was available. I was unable to wash up at all and actually scalded my hand with the water. Since the office was closed, I had to wait until 7 in the morning to tell the front desk. The maintenance worked came to our room and said that this issue "happens all the time" and that you had to let the water run for about 15-20 minutes to get cold water because the hot water builds up in the walls. If I had a child with me, they could have gottten third degree burns. When I complained to the front desk the only thing they had to say was "sorry". DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
cschospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Windmill Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
We are very disheartened any time we hear that a guest has had an unpleasant experience with one of our properties, and appreciate your taking the time to express your concerns. Please be assured that we are taking your complaints very seriously, and will make any changes we deem necessary.
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

We had stayed here before; it was mediocre at the time, but for the price we were able to make do. This year, under new management, it's unacceptable. There were stains on the mattress; the sheets were yellowed and ragged. There were dead flies in the windowsill. The stool didn't flush properly. The room smelled like urine. Never again.
I asked about the Internet when we checked in and the girl said, "Our internet isn't working so well today." Indeed, it was intermittently working when it worked at all, and ads were at the top of the browser, putting my browser in a window I couldn't escape.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Windmill Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Windmill Inn & Suites

Address: 2425 West Highway 76, Branson, MO 65616
Location: United States > Missouri > Branson
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#10 Best Value Hotel in Branson
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Windmill Inn & Suites 2.5*
Located in the Heart of all shows and restaurants. Directly across from Andy Williams Theatre and next door to the Famous Big Chicken Restaurant. You can walk to Dennys, Krispy Kream, Tanger Outlet Mall and even Wal-Mart. With 134 rooms....We can accommodate larger groups and with the restaurant next door they can walk right next door to eat. We hope to see you soon. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Windmill Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Guesthouse Windmill Inn And Suites
Guesthouse Windmill Hotel Branson
Branson Windmill Hotel
Branson Windmill Motel
Branson Windmill Inn

If you own or manage Windmill Inn & Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.