“Campsite 78, Indian Point Corps of Engineers campground.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #67 of 88 Attractions in Branson
Type: Parks, Outdoors
Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
“Campsite 78, Indian Point Corps of Engineers campground.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We spent two nights in site 78 (pull-thru) which would be perfect except for the extreme slope away from the road, requiring about 5 inches of boards under that side, making our bottom step really high.

Visited April 2013

anahuac, TX
38 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Campground”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

This is a lovely campground. The RV spots are generous in size and some actually have full hookups. Across the road is a restaurant, motel and a small market. Very convenient. We like being away from the hustle and bustle of Branson. This facility is about 2 miles from Silver Dollar City. We were able to use our National Park access pass, which meant the RV spot cost us $10 a night with electric.

Aberdeen, Scotland
24 attraction reviews
“Pleasant lakeside area and RV park, but be careful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We visited this area just to have a pleasant walk. The area is wooded with well spaced out RVs with the appropriate connections (we came by car - not RV).
The reason I am writing this review, however, is a word of warning. We found ourselves at the lakeside, at an artificial (concrete) beach. There was an area of water sectioned off for swimming (presumably to stop water craft). I didn't notice that from just above the waterline, the concrete was covered in algae, making it incredibly slippery. I found myself sliding into the water (and pulling a muscle as I slipped), and couldn't do anything to stop myself. My wife, responding to my cries of pain, also slipped and ended up in the lake with me.
I feel we were actually very lucky. Our injuries, although painful, were relatively minor (we were both bruised and grazed as well). Our clothes didn't fare so well. I ruined a new pair of trousers and algae stains are very difficult to remove.
The algae-covered concrete ramp was worse than sheet ice. Even if you went there with the intention of going for a swim, I feel it would be very easy to slip and cause yourself far greater injury than we experienced.
Be very careful.