“Very clean, very quiet.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Holiday Hills Resort and Golf Club to your Saves list
Holiday Hills Resort and Golf Club
2380 Highway 76 East, Branson, MO 65616   |
Ranked #102 of 150 Hotels in Branson
“Very clean, very quiet.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

We loved our week here. Rarely heard more than the singing of the birds. No traffic noise or people noise, just silence. Rated service as average because we didn't need or use any of their services. Unit was very clean. Beautiful golf course, very reasonable greens fees that included cart with GPS.

• Stayed May 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lathrop, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Two families totaling 7 people...plenty of room! Have stayed at many resorts...great stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Sunnyvale, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

First the positive:
Free cookies on weekend days
Nicely-decorated units
Decent selection of free movies at the small theater in the activity center

Two things brought this from a five-star to a two-star:
ALL POOLS AND HOT TUBS WERE CLOSED UNTIL MAY 1st
Unbelievable for any timeshare but especially in this huge 'village' of timeshares. We count on the pool and hot tub as a major part of our vacation experience so that was a huge, huge downer.

OLD TELEVISIONS, AND NO DVD PLAYER OR VCR
We're used to flat screens at timeshares; the TV in our second unit [we moved] was good enough; however, the charge to rent a DVD player was $6 plus tax per day! So much for Netflix movies we'd taken with us.

This is more of a small town than a resort; from many units, you'd have to drive to get over to the main office and activity center. It was easy to get lost trying to find either your unit or the exit to the main highway.

No free internet in rooms [although most timeshares charge for in-room internet]; access in registration/activity building which closed at 8 p.m., so people sat in the laundry room until wee small hours of the morning. No free printing or free computer to use; you could borrow a laptop from the activity center to use on site for 15 minutes to print out boarding passes, coupons, etc., but at 50 cents per page, it wasn't worth it for cheapo discount coupons like you get in Branson. Most timeshares have at least a couple of computers you can use and print from without cost in the main building.

Small short-order restaurant on site; convenient, but it turned out to not be poorer quality than fast-food restaurants, and overpriced.

No laundry facilities in unit. [Many timeshares provide in-unit facilities and detergent.]

Our first unit was in the lodge, I think they were accommodating our request for a ground floor unit if possible. The apt. was nicely decorated, but very dark, cramped; tiny kitchen, and hard for four of us to fit in the two-bedroom unit without tripping on each other. In our bedroom, there was little storage space. The TV cabinet was devoid of its original content, leaving a huge ugly gaping hole staring at you whenever you went in the bedroom, with a tiny television perched high on top of it. The coathangers were so high that even my six-foot husband couldn't deal easily with the devices you had to connect the hangers to; I could not use it at all, and there was no footstool available [I asked for one.] TV in other rooms was also old, and bathroom in master suite was tiny. The next day, since some of our party were leaving, we sought to switch to just a one-bedroom unit, if it had bigger living space and were nicer. The management very kindly and with no grief let us move to a much newer and larger unit near the Activity Center. It was on the third floor and a bit difficult for my husband and me to haul everything up to, but it was so much nicer as to be worth the knee pain to go up and down. It had very nice decor and much more light.

The resort is a few miles out of town, yet not in a particularly attractive spot; inconvenient since one had to drive around Lake Taneycomo since there wasn't a bridge over it to get to most places.

There are no recycling bins on site and no info about recycling, yet a great emphasis on careful use of towels. No replacement for shampoo, soap, etc. without buying it. If you wanted midweek cleaning, you had to call to have it scheduled. In all, it seemed like the resort was trying to milk everything it could out of those who stay there.

The staff was exceedingly pleasant and cooperative

Room Tip: If you are assigned to a room in the lodge, ask if it is possible to switch. There are many types o...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012 via mobile

We had a great time in a new ambassador unit. We had a 3 bedroom unit. New and gorgeous. Not sure fancy, they have laminate counters and white appliances, but other than that top notch. Nice jacuzzi and lovely decor.

They have different phases of developments, I'm sure the concerns are about the older lodge style units.

Would have appreciated a luggage dolly for each building.

Not a lot to do at the resort for kids, but great place for golf.

• Stayed January 2012
Olive Branch, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We made reservations through wyndam/rci, we arrived Nov 21 2011, stayed 5 days, the rooms were fantastic, clean, fully stocked, very large for six people and simply beautiful. We stayed in the Presidential unit and we had no complaints, we called and requested a new coffee maker and recieved another within 15 minutes.
Check in was fast and the staff was polite and very informative. When driving in be sure to call the registration office for the correct address for the gps systems, because the address listed on the web site is different. Can not say enough about this resort it was simply awesome, we will be returing

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We checked into the Holiday Hills Resort. It was raining. It took us 2 hours to find the place because they had the mailing address in the resort book, not the street address. Dumb!!! Then, we hauled our luggage up to the 3rd floor using stairs and the blonde bimbo at the desk gave us the wrong keys. My husband had to go all the way back to get the right keys. They should have brought them to us! We got into the room and there were silverfish in the dishes on the counter. They gave us another condo and there was a real funky smell in it. We changed again (all this in the rain, mind you) and the 3rd condo seemed OK--until we returned from seeing shows. There was a guy below us smoking cigars until 1 a.m. or so and blasting loud music. I didn't bring my clean clothes to go there and have them smell like stinky cigar smoke. Then he would say, Oh, are you back? I think someone at the resort put him up to it. He talked on the phone out there until 1 a.m. also. There is a "lights out" policy at the resort. I can't understand why security doesn't take any action. I was going to take things into my own hands and drop water balloons on him, but he checked out. He's sure lucky. I am the water balloon queen. LOL. I will NEVER spend my money in this town again unless we stay at the other resort. Here's the other problem, although, not the fault of the resort: a cement truck drove by every 20 minutes because they were repairing the bridge. I didn't get a wink of sleep. The weather was great and we could have opened windows, but had to run the air conditioning. I was very upset about this as it drives up OUR maintenance costs. I contacted the chamber of commerce about it. They are running the trucks at night to avoid the daytime traffic. Well bull-oney! What about tourism. What about our gas money to go there for a wasted stay? That wrecked it for us. Never, never again!!! I never took a vacation all these years, maybe I was wise. I'm better off staying home and fixing up my house and enjoying it, rather than putting my happiness in the hands of idiots. Something to chew on.

Room Tip: There is no tip to get a good room. Just don't go and save yourself from a huge headache.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

My mom is an owner here so she wanted to take us and show us the property, which she also has not seen for the first time. She has had a long history of problems with Silver Leaf properties, the ownership company, and this was no different. First our lodge unit was old, and the air conditioning was clearly not working. Mind you this was during an incredible heat wave. One room was freezing, while the master bedroom was incredibly stuffy. We complained, they came and said they fixed it, but they did not. We made it through the night and then when I got up to make coffee I found ants crawling on the kitchen counter, the walls, on the cinammon rolls I bought for breakfast and I was horrified. I complained and no one apologized not once. All they did was give us another room -- of the same quality. Yes the air worked but I was stunned no one apologized or even offered an upgrade. I would never go back or recommend it either.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Hills Resort and Golf Club? Share your experiences!