“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Brick House Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Brick House Hotel to your Saves list
The Brick House Hotel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2651 Shepherd of the Hills Expy, Branson, MO 65616 (Formerly Welcome Inn)   |
Special Price
Celebrate our win & $AVE!
Ranked #22 of 159 hotels in Branson
Springfield
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We had a short, one night stay here while in town for a run. It's off the main drag, which is great, and still close enough to everything. Our room was perfect. Clean and recently renovated. The AC was cold, perfect for a hot weekend! The jacuzzi tub in our room was a great bonus and I wish I could've taken it with me!

We would most definitely stay again and recommend to anyone!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Peggy H, General Manager at The Brick House Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Sara V,
Thank you so much for your positive comments. We are especially happy that you were satisfied with your one night stay. I'm glad we were able to provide the service and comfort that you deserve when traveling. I hope to see you again on your future visits to Branson.
Brick House Hotel

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Our church group of 35 people had a wonderful experience at Brick House Hotel. The rooms were clean and the whole hotel was clean and fresh. There were cookies and coffee for us late evening and a wonderful breakfast in the morning. The hotel was very safe and secure which our people really appreciated. Peggy Heiser the owner was very kind and gracious. Yes, we would stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Peggy H, General Manager at The Brick House Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear GL from Kansas City,
I appreciate your review and enjoyed you and your group. We loved hosting your stay and providing you with the best service, security and comfort that we possibly could. It was a pleasure meeting you all. I hope that we have made some new friends here and can expect a visit again from any member of your group in the future. Thank you again for your time and comments, it means a lot to my staff and I to know we were successful again in providing a great experience.
Murdo, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We got a great price of 2 for 1 in April, so for the price, we were happy with our stay. I probably would not stay again, because the hotel itself is kind of old. I was worried when I walked down the hallway as to what our room would look like. We were pleased with the room itself though. The breakfast room is in an odd place in a side room downstairs. The breakfast wasn't bad though, fairly basic, but better than just pastries. The pool was closed, but that is located in the back parking lot and isn't a place I would want to hang out at on a vacation. The location of the hotel was good. It's off the main drag which is very heavy traffic, so that was a bonus for us.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SD guest,
I'm sorry to hear that the reason you won't come back to see us is because you feel the Hotel is old. The interior was completely updated in 2012 from floor to ceiling and the exterior brick building was built in the late 90's and is as immaculate today as the day it was completed. However, I'm happy you found your room, price and breakfast to all be nice as we try very hard to make sure our guest enjoy their stay. Our pool is outdoor/seasonal and is open now and when weather permits. I'm disappointed that we only earned an average rating from you as we work very hard to be the best in our price point. I will take your comments under consideration and see what, if any improvements I can make to earn your repeat business and a more favorable review. I appreciate you staying with us.
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The hotel is very clean & has been updated. The staff is very friendly. They have continental breakfast and pool which is nice. Room prices are very affordable compared to other hotels. Will stay at The Brick House Hotel again!!

Room Tip: Quit relaxing atmosphere
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Peggy H, General Manager at The Brick House Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear guest.
Thank you for your positive comments. Clean, friendly affordable service and rooms is what we are working hard to provide. Thank you for giving us a try and telling others of your experience. We look forward to your next stay in Branson.
GM Brick House Hotel
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

If you need all the bells and whistles and the "frills", this is not the place for you. If you are looking for affordable, clean, comfortable, quiet and location - then this is it. We (my husband and 2 children) had a great stay here. It is located off of the strip (literally just around the corner). The lady at the front desk was nice and helpful. They offer a good breakfast; waffles made by a breakfast attendant, eggs, cereal, bagels, biscuits n gravy, fruit, yogurt, coffee, milk, juice and other stuff. The breakfast area is clean since the attendant is there to make sure it remains tidy. Beds and pillows were super comfy.....i didn't want to get up, lol. Very clean. Very quiet. Like I said at the beginning, great place to get some rest and not break the bank. I recommend this place and will definitely return next time we travel to Branson, Mo.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Peggy H, General Manager at The Brick House Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for your review. I appreciate you and your family staying with us and am happy to expect your return on your next Branson vacation. We focus on providing a clean, comfortable, friendly and affordable place to stay and it sounds like we hit the mark during your visit. Thanks so much for letting us know and other travelers looking to book their stay. I appreciate all our guest and am thankful for your time and patronage.
Lee's Summit, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

The hotel was decent enough for the price, and we liked being off the strip, but the demeanor of the staff left something to be desired. My family was still sleeping after a busy first day in Branson, so I went down to breakfast about 10 minutes before it was scheduled to be over. There was no one in there, so I began making waffles and filling cereal bowls and making a tray to take back to the room for my kids. The man in charge of the food came in to clean up while I was doing so. He looked very rough, like he may have just gotten released from prison. Without saying anything, he began throwing everything away. He unplugged the waffle maker with my waffle still in it and began pouring mix down the drain. I asked if I could have some milk for the cereal, and he said no as it was time to clean up. He then poured it down the drain when he could have easily just poured it into our cereal bowl or cups. He preferred to waste it. He grabbed the syrup and put it away and wouldn't let me have any for the other waffle I had managed to cook. While I realize that it was time for it to be over, he didn't say a word to me or acknowledge me when he entered and acted mad I was in there. He could have begun closing down the breakfast by cleaning up trays or putting away cereal or other items I wasn't using while I finished up but instead, choose to be deliberately rude and start throwing away and putting up those items I obviously needed. The front desk didn't seem concerned with his attitude. His actions showed rudeness and a lack of common courtesy that you don't expect to see in a business that caters to the public.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Peggy H, General Manager at The Brick House Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Motherof3kids2014,
I appreciate the time you took to review your stay at our Hotel. I remember your family well as I am the one with whom you spoke at the front desk that same morning. I did take your comments very seriously because customer service is our first priority and something we strive for. The breakfast attendant you spoke about in your review is an exemplary employee and I was surprised by your comments of rudeness. As you could easily see from many comments on this site and others that he is well liked by our guest and other staff. I can assure you all of our staff have extensive background checks and have been drug tested so we have no 'rough' (as your description says) looking employees. I receive many favorable comments about our breakfast, rooms and staff & service. Your comments are not consistent with the majority of the feedback I usually receive. I did however, speak with him about your complaints and his account of what happened differs greatly from yours. I do recall seeing you enter the breakfast room at 10 minutes till 10am and your children were carrying out trays of food. I was surprised by this since our breakfast hours are 7:00-9:30. He indicated there were a number of late sleepers and kept it open a little later to accommodate those that were already eating when breakfast closed at 9:30. It is our policy to have a last call for food at 9:28 and then to begin putting food away at 9:30 as is posted in your room, on the door of the breakfast room and on your key packet when you check in. I'm sorry you felt he was rude, he was only doing his job as directed and probably did not realize that you were offended. Our staff is very friendly and guest orientated and all love their jobs. I am sincerely saddened that you did not experience this during your stay. Thank you for giving us a try and I hope that we earn your future business to redeem ourselves to you and your family. Please contact me directly and I would be happy to discuss the situation with you.
Coweta, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Virtually everything about this hotel was pleasing to us. All rooms open to the inside, which is my preference, and everything was clean and updated. We didn't eat at the hotel, because my Husband has to have his big breakfast buffet fix while we're in Branson. I went one morning though, and was very impressed with what was available...and it was good too!
Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful as well.
The only fault I could find (and it was a very small one) was that one evening our show went very long (a dinner/hypnosis show...very good, by the way...http://www.jecobiesmindplay.com/) and we arrived back at the hotel just before midnight. We knew the front lobby would be closed, but we had to walk to the back (very steep) to a door where we could enter with our key card. Had we known, we would have just parked back there to start with.
In any event, this is a very clean, quiet, and modestly priced hotel that is well worth the money for it's convenient location, easy access, and more-than-adequate rooms.
We WILL stay again on our next trip to Branson.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Cowetanonna,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. It was a pleasure to serve you during your stay. I'm glad you found us to be helpful & friendly, clean, updated and affordable. Those are the 4 most important things we strive to achieve I do apologize for the inconvenience of your walk to the rear parking lot entrance late at night. Our front lot parking is limited but we have ample parking in the rear lot and found that to be the most convenient entry for 24 hour building access. Our guest appreciate the security of locked entrances and well lit parking but I can see how it would have been an inconvenience not to have been informed upon check in of the late access procedures. My apologies and we will work diligently toward correcting this oversight. I am pleased that you would stay with us again and we appreciate the opportunity to earn your continued support.
Peggy Heiser, GM Brick House Hotel.

Been to The Brick House Hotel? Share your experiences!