“Pleasant Staff, Clean and a Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Brick House Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Brick House Hotel to your Saves list
The Brick House Hotel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2651 Shepherd of the Hills Expy, Branson, MO 65616 (Formerly Welcome Inn)   |
Special Price
Celebrate our win & $AVE!
Ranked #25 of 159 hotels in Branson
Lizton, Indiana
“Pleasant Staff, Clean and a Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I brought our elderly mothers to Branson. We were looking for a smaller, clean and comfortable place to stay. Peggy and Rodney are good people and quite friendly. They good care of us while staying at the Brick House. Breakfast is just enough so as to get us out the door quickly for the morning shows. We would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends. To the Brick House staff, have a Happy Holiday. CV

Room Tip: For a comfortable stay talk to Peggy or Rodney. Note, the Brick House does not have a fitness cente...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Peggy H, General Manager at The Brick House Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Indiana guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us of your stay. I'm very pleased with the staff; it sounds as though they were successful in making your stay enjoyable and comfortable. I'm so happy we could accomodate you and your family. It was very nice visiting with you at the front desk and I look forward to your return visit. Thank you for the holiday blessing and I hope you and your family enjoy the remainder of this Christmas season as well. Keep in mind we will be open all year and we have great winter rates so if you can make your next visit sooner rather than later we'd love to see you again!

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I stopped in one night in need of a room. No reservation and most every hotel was full. They had only 2 rooms left when I arrived. I was greeted by Peggy.. I felt I had known her for years.. she was very friendly and everyone on the staff has never been any way other than completely helpful and friendly.
As for our rooms they have always made me feel like I was walking into my home. Clean and comfortable. The decor is beautiful and inviting.
I noticed no ironing board or iron so I asked Peggy if they had any. She had Mike I believe is his name ( forgive me if I got that wrong) go get me one from the supply closet.. no problem..
I had came in very late one night to find my door key was not working and had to wake Peggy.. there was no problem. She handles any issues she can as quick as possible.
I go to Branson quite frequently to visit my son who is working at the Kirby Vanburch theatre so I have tried many places in town. I no longer look anywhere else ....I call the Brick House my home away from home..
As for the water pressure issue I read about earlier I honestly do not feel its a pressure problem I believe pressurized shower heads would solve that problem more than anything. I like a shower that has a lot of pressure behind it as well as anyone else and have noticed there is a slight lack in that area but as Peggy has mentioned she is trying to rectify any issues brought to her attention and for that reason I continue to patronize a place that tries to make my stay as great as possible.

Gaynell Williams

• Stayed October 2012
Peggy H, General Manager at The Brick House Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Your review was very touching, thank you for all of your positive comments. I'm so happy that you have found your new home away from home with us. Our guest become our friends very easily and each relationship is valuable. Thanks again for staying each time you come but thank you so much more for sharing your experiences with others. You are appreciated!!!
Very sincerely,
Bentonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My kids and I loved our stay here. We received everything as promised and more. The atmosphere was comfortable and accommodating. My kids (who are generally shy when we travel) felt at home and asked if we can stay here the next time we come to Branson! And this was off season, so the pool was closed ... that did not matter to them! The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms and building were clean, the breakfast was fulfilling and hot. We could not have asked for a better place to stay!

Thank you all for making it such a wonderful experience!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bentonville Guest,
Thank you for submitting your review. I'm very pleased that you and your children enjoyed their stay and were comfortable. I appreciate the feedback as it helps us determine how we are doing.
We hope to see your family here again on your next trip to Branson.
Warmly,
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The stay at Brick House Hotel was a very enjoyable experience. The staff went out of their way in helping us on show selection, directions and accomadations. The rooms were very clean. The location is excellant. Keep this staff and I'm sure the hotel will continue to prosper. Next time we go to Branson without a doubt we will stay at The Brick House Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Peggy H, General Manager at The Brick House Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Lafayette Guest,
Thank you for your time in commenting on your experience. I'm so happy our staff made your stay enjoyable. I'm very proud of the Brick House Hotel staff and I'm grateful for the hard work and excellent customer service they give each day. We all appreciate you, our guest and your feedback let's us know how we are doing. I hope to see you again when you return to Branson.
Sincerely, Peggy Heiser
kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Rooms nice, clean, comfortable, quiet except for the dog that barked continuously, must have been when their family was gone. Could hardly hear the dog in the room but out in the hall it was pretty loud. Mike never stopped working at breakfast. He kept everything filled up. Had a problem with the key opening our door and Mike was their within minutes to fix it. The rooms are a little small. They have big plans for more improvements to be made in the furture to this hotel. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Peggy H, General Manager at The Brick House Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Kansas guest.
Thank you for taking the time to tell us how we are doing. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated how hard the staff works for our guests. I am very pleased with Mike as well as the rest of the staff. They all love what they do and we enjoy our guests very much. I am sorry however about the dog, if I had been notified I would have called the owners right away to take care of the problem. We have a strict no barking policy that our pet owners sign when they check in. I hope that we are given the pleasure of hosting your next stay in Branson.
Warmly, Peggy Heiser
Tahlequah, Oklahoma, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I now don't believe the reviews that are posted here for this property. Here is why....
Low water pressure in the shower
Dogs barking - they take pets
Air system doesn't work effectively
The "King" suite was just a queen
No hair dryer

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tahlequah guest,
I am deeply saddened by your review. It is unfortunate that your stay turned out to be below your expectations. We work very hard to insure each guest is happy with their stay with us and if you were not then for me that is a failure. Let's review the issues you've outlined so that we may understand how we could have improved on your experience in the hopes that we can make it more pleasant for our next guest or for you if we are fortunate enough to be blessed with your patronage again.
1). Low water pressure in the shower.
This is not a complaint that I have received before. As soon as I received this review I sent my very qualified maintenance technician to check this out. He came back with the report that the shower is working perfectly. Just to be sure however I asked him to replace the shower head with a brand new one just in case it had become clogged with hard water lime and scale with can happen in the Ozarks over time. Another problem could have been that since we were totally sold out during your stay there may have been a very high demand for water during your shower time. This of course would be out of my control but I still offer my aplogies for your dissappointment. Since you never mentioned it to me during your stay I will not know the reason for the low pressure as it seems to be working fine now.
2).Dogs Barking- Yes we do have designated pet rooms which is listed on all of our advertising and should not be a suprise to anyone. As for the barking, we have strict no barking policies but again since this was not brought to my attention during your stay I did not have the opportunity to enforce this policy. Our Hotel was sold out completely the evening of your stay but I did not receive one complaint of the dogs barking until reading your review. I wish I had then we could have cured that problem during your stay. Unfortunate, again I apologize.
3). Air system not working properly. You did bring this to my attention as you were leaving for the evening. My maintenance mechanic went to your room immediately to assess the situation. You had mentioned being hot so I asked him to make sure it was cooling. He reported that your room had one of our brand new units in it but it was set on "auto" which allowed the unit to shut off once it reached the desired temperature. He reset the unit to cool, high and set the thermostat to 64 degrees. When he checked the unit later the temperature in the room read 64 degrees. The unit was in perfect working condition. We had hoped that this would have been satisfactory. If it was not cool enough, again I wish you would have mentioned it to me and we could have set it at 60 degrees as this is the coolest temperature the unit will allow.
4). As for your accomodations. You booked your room through an online travel agency and the room booked for you was a jacuzzi unit with a queen bed. There was never a mention from you or the travel agency that a King was desired. We do have King units but all of our media states that our jacuzzi rooms have queen beds. There was never a representation by our staff or the online company you booked with that you would be receiving a King suite. So I find that a negative statement to this account is not justified.
5). No hair dryer- Again no mention during your stay so no chance to satisfy you here either. We do have hair dryers on request. It is one amenity that is not in each room yet but is in our plans for upgrades and improvements. Each of our websites, on line travel agency sites, (as well as the one you booked on) and in your check in packet that you receive with your room keys there is a list of amenities that are available upon request at no charge to our guest. Hair dryers are on that list. Actually it is even mentioned many times in many reviews here on trip advisor.

I do offer my aplogies one last time that you did not enjoy your stay. I hope that I have outlined the importance of communication when issues do arise. We strive to do our best with each guest and can only hope that if we fall short at any time we can receive the chance to rectify the situation during your stay. I wish you well and hope you have a blessed day. Peggy Heiser
Bangor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I just wanted to write a review regarding that the service we received at The Brick House Hotel is second to none! From the moment you enter the hotel to the time you check out was outstanding! Peggy, the General Manager, really makes you feel at home. The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. After 11 hours of driving, this is just what one needs...a place that cares and takes care of you! Mike, the Maintenence guy, is a person that really makes you laugh! Oh, and yes Mike, you mentioned that your hotel might be installing the cable with the Hopper...I'm holding you to that for when we visit again next time! Thanks again for an outstanding and memorable visit. We will definately be returning when we come back to Branson!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you Bangor guest for your review. Your business and opinion mean a lot to us. I appreciate you have taken the time to let us know how we are doing. I'm happy that you have enjoyed your experience. We look forward to many future stays with us. Warm Regards, Peggy Heiser

Been to The Brick House Hotel? Share your experiences!