“Below Expectations” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Brick House Hotel

You added The Brick House Hotel to your Saves list
The Brick House Hotel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2651 Shepherd of the Hills Expy, Branson, MO 65616 (Formerly Welcome Inn)   |
Ranked #21 of 150 Hotels in Branson
Tahlequah, Oklahoma, United States
“Below Expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I now don't believe the reviews that are posted here for this property. Here is why....
Low water pressure in the shower
Dogs barking - they take pets
Air system doesn't work effectively
The "King" suite was just a queen
No hair dryer

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Peggy H, General Manager at The Brick House Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Tahlequah guest,
I am deeply saddened by your review. It is unfortunate that your stay turned out to be below your expectations. We work very hard to insure each guest is happy with their stay with us and if you were not then for me that is a failure. Let's review the issues you've outlined so that we may understand how we could have improved on your experience in the hopes that we can make it more pleasant for our next guest or for you if we are fortunate enough to be blessed with your patronage again.
1). Low water pressure in the shower.
This is not a complaint that I have received before. As soon as I received this review I sent my very qualified maintenance technician to check this out. He came back with the report that the shower is working perfectly. Just to be sure however I asked him to replace the shower head with a brand new one just in case it had become clogged with hard water lime and scale with can happen in the Ozarks over time. Another problem could have been that since we were totally sold out during your stay there may have been a very high demand for water during your shower time. This of course would be out of my control but I still offer my aplogies for your dissappointment. Since you never mentioned it to me during your stay I will not know the reason for the low pressure as it seems to be working fine now.
2).Dogs Barking- Yes we do have designated pet rooms which is listed on all of our advertising and should not be a suprise to anyone. As for the barking, we have strict no barking policies but again since this was not brought to my attention during your stay I did not have the opportunity to enforce this policy. Our Hotel was sold out completely the evening of your stay but I did not receive one complaint of the dogs barking until reading your review. I wish I had then we could have cured that problem during your stay. Unfortunate, again I apologize.
3). Air system not working properly. You did bring this to my attention as you were leaving for the evening. My maintenance mechanic went to your room immediately to assess the situation. You had mentioned being hot so I asked him to make sure it was cooling. He reported that your room had one of our brand new units in it but it was set on "auto" which allowed the unit to shut off once it reached the desired temperature. He reset the unit to cool, high and set the thermostat to 64 degrees. When he checked the unit later the temperature in the room read 64 degrees. The unit was in perfect working condition. We had hoped that this would have been satisfactory. If it was not cool enough, again I wish you would have mentioned it to me and we could have set it at 60 degrees as this is the coolest temperature the unit will allow.
4). As for your accomodations. You booked your room through an online travel agency and the room booked for you was a jacuzzi unit with a queen bed. There was never a mention from you or the travel agency that a King was desired. We do have King units but all of our media states that our jacuzzi rooms have queen beds. There was never a representation by our staff or the online company you booked with that you would be receiving a King suite. So I find that a negative statement to this account is not justified.
5). No hair dryer- Again no mention during your stay so no chance to satisfy you here either. We do have hair dryers on request. It is one amenity that is not in each room yet but is in our plans for upgrades and improvements. Each of our websites, on line travel agency sites, (as well as the one you booked on) and in your check in packet that you receive with your room keys there is a list of amenities that are available upon request at no charge to our guest. Hair dryers are on that list. Actually it is even mentioned many times in many reviews here on trip advisor.

I do offer my aplogies one last time that you did not enjoy your stay. I hope that I have outlined the importance of communication when issues do arise. We strive to do our best with each guest and can only hope that if we fall short at any time we can receive the chance to rectify the situation during your stay. I wish you well and hope you have a blessed day. Peggy Heiser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bangor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I just wanted to write a review regarding that the service we received at The Brick House Hotel is second to none! From the moment you enter the hotel to the time you check out was outstanding! Peggy, the General Manager, really makes you feel at home. The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. After 11 hours of driving, this is just what one needs...a place that cares and takes care of you! Mike, the Maintenence guy, is a person that really makes you laugh! Oh, and yes Mike, you mentioned that your hotel might be installing the cable with the Hopper...I'm holding you to that for when we visit again next time! Thanks again for an outstanding and memorable visit. We will definately be returning when we come back to Branson!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you Bangor guest for your review. Your business and opinion mean a lot to us. I appreciate you have taken the time to let us know how we are doing. I'm happy that you have enjoyed your experience. We look forward to many future stays with us. Warm Regards, Peggy Heiser
Branson, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Good location, staff and the new girl is really cute.I work at a hotel that has rooms so much higher and without the comfort or newness, if thats a word.. The colors in this room are right on, pillows soft, clean, staff was great. Now to the neg...refrigerator didnt work, but ice machine did so Im happy. When im back in Branson, this will be my choice.

Room Tip: I would choose the back side of the hotel, view is better and you can see the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Peggy H, General Manager at The Brick House Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear S.S,
I am so happy that we earned your future business and your positive review. I am so sorry, however, for the refrigerator not working. I wish you would have mentioned it to me or my staff during your stay and we would have taken care of it immediately. We want each of our guest to have the most trouble free and pleasant stay possible while they are with us. I appreciate the fact that you plan to return and look forward to hosting your next stay in Branson. Warmly, Peggy Heiser
Perry, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I were part of a group who booked our room on our behalf. We were so pleased with the Hotel. We have a group reunion every year and this was by far the best accomodations to date, so much so we have already booked the same place, same room for next year. The rate was reasonable, the staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean. We couldn't have asked for a better stay. The lady at the front desk allowed us to use the meeting room each night to visit with our friends and even made us cookies and hot tea while we visited. Very happy with this years trip much to the credit of the comfort of the hotel and the friendly staff.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor and could see our car out of our room window, felt very secure and wa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
I am so pleased that you were satisfied and comfortable during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again next year and each year afterward. It is our guests smiling faces that reward us most. We are continuing to add amenities and make improvements so when we see you again next year I think you'll be pleasantly suprised at our positive changes. Keep in touch with us on facebook for promotions and updates, after all you are part of the Brick House Hotels family now. Warm regards, Peggy Heiser
Mt Holly, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Thank you Peggy, Michael, and Rodney. We loved the decor in the room and the comfortable beds. The chairs, table, microwave, refrigerator, and television added to our comfort. We also managed during a busy schedule to use the pool. We enjoyed a well-kept breakfast room with food that is needed to begin the day and a TV while dining.
We appreciate the assistance when you reserved our show tickets and delivered to us and your help with the computer to print our airline boarding passes.
We are grateful for the concern when our flight was cancelled at the end of the trip at the airport. We already turned in the rental car and needed our room again. Your assistance in getting us to the hotel and back to the airport the next morning warmed our hearts after a very stressful event. Thank you for taking us to a restaurant instead of our sending out for food. You will be remembered as fantastic people who with a smile gave us precious moments to remember. God Bless - Bob and Doris

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear B & D,
I appreciate your kind review. I really enjoyed the time we visited and I felt so terrible for the inconvenience of your departure flight being delayed due to the weather. The least I could do was offer the additional services to one of our valued guest. I want to also thank you for calling me upon your arrival home, it truly set my mind at ease. If there is ever a need for a place to stay in Branson I feel certain you'll come visit me again at the Brick House Hotel and I want you to know I appreciate your business but I welcome a new friend. Sincerely, Peggy Heiser
El Dorado Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We loved our stay at The Brick House, in Branson, MO. The rate was great. The location was perfect. Out of the way, quite, but close to the 76 strip as well as the colored routes to get around Branson and miss the traffic. Peggy Heiser, General Manager, was the main reason we came back to the Brick House to spend our long Labor Day vacation. Peggy is friendly, helpful, and her warm personality makes you feel like your staying with family (the good kind of family). The rooms were clean, well kept, and very spacious. The outdoor pool is in the back and is very private from the steet. We will be back on our next trip to Branson. :)

Room Tip: We enjoyed room 201. It was on the groud floor and on the end. King bed with a nice chair. Very q...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MM of Eldorado Springs,
I appreciate your favorable review and want to express how much I enjoyed you and your wife while you visited with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will come see us many times over. Thanks so much for the honor of having you as our guest. Warmly and sincerely, Peggy Heiser
Bakersfield, CAlifornia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I booked this hotel because of the reviews and the photos of the rooms and pool. I was not disappointed! As a matter of fact it was more than I expected. The photos do not do the rooms justice, they are simple but so very comfortable and clean!!! I looked and looked to find a flaw, there were none. They were sound proof as well because I stayed next door to a nice family with many kids and once we were in our rooms I couldn't hear a thing. The indoor hallways were newly carpeted and painted and smelled really fresh. The beds were so comfortable as cited and the bedding was very homey, not at all like a hotel. We had a flat screen television with good selection and we used the WIFI which was very fast, we requested a refrigerator and microwave and they were delivered by friendly staff within minutes, literally. They were not overly busy and when I asked why the front desk associate who was very polite and knowledgable by the way explained they were new owners and Managers and had not the opportunity to build the business up as they were only open a couple of months. Trust me when this secret gets out there will be a waiting list to get to this hotel....very well done!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Peggy H, General Manager at The Brick House Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
It is always a pleasure to hear that our guest have a great experience at the BRICK HOUSE HOTEL. My staff and I are fortunate to be able to work in an Industry that we love and providing great service to our guest is our first priority. We're happy to have exceeded your expectations and we will continue to work hard. Please come see us again. Sincerely, Peggy

Been to The Brick House Hotel? Share your experiences!