“A true cajun experience in Missouri.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 314 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Scenic view
Description: Located on the site of Lakeview Campground. A Cajun splash decor on the outdoor porch with a wonderful view of Tablerock Lake. An indoor dining room with anitque and Louisiana decor. Very casual and friendly !!We are seasonal open April - Oct. Call for opening and closing dates.
Florissant, Missouri
“A true cajun experience in Missouri.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This place is located in Indian Point. The drive there is an adventure. Twist and turns through the Ozark Mountain. You arrive at a shanty that looks like the shacks you'd find in the swampy back woods on Louisanna. There's optional seating, outdoors on the porch or indoors that setup like a grandmothers eat in kitchen. The service is so homie and friendly. One thing I found strange was that all drinks are bottled. I ordered the fried catfish meal with fries and okra. The fish was fried and seasoned just right. Not too hard or salty. 2 large pieces of fish and a massive side of okra and fries. I needed help with this meal. My husband had the catfish acadian. Its fried catfish laid on a bed of white rice, smothered in crawfish etouffee. It was mindblowing! He cleaned his plate. Best biteful of etouffee that I've had. We also ordered boudin...it was ok. We also took beingettes to go. They smelled awesome while hot but by the time we got back to our hotel they were just ok. We'll be returning!!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Hole-in-the-wall Cajun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This little gem was very close to our resort - we passed by it so many times we decided to stop in for lunch. It's not a big place, but we did have a nice seat outside with a nice view near the lake, surrounded by quite an array of knick-knacks.
I had the e'touffe and my husband had the Crazy Cajun Link. My e'touffe was nearly as good as anything we had down in New Orleans, and the Cajun link was well seasoned with a nice snap as you bite into it, but otherwise unmemorable. However, the best part of the meal was the service. Not only was our server attentive and great with the kids, both the owners came out and asked about our experience, and sat down with some of the other patrons. They definitely have a vested interest in the area and a passion for their restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Slightly disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I had the shrimp creole. The dish had very good flavor but all of the shrimp were mushy. I was disappointed with every bite. It took about 45 minutes for the food to be served. I wont be back. I don't understand why a place with so much potential would ruin it with inferior shrimp.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good food little bland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I was expecting a little more flavorful food. The meals we received were all way too hot as if they had been heated all day to a boiling temperature. Prices were very cheap. The beignets were delicious. Probably wouldn't go back for again.

Thibodaux, Louisiana
“Authentic Cajun Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We just ate at the Crazy Cajun Citchen...as a true cajun from Thibodaux, Louisiana, I am always skeptical when restaurants claim to be a cajun restaurant but this place had delicious food! I had the crawfish etoufee, my husband had the jambalaya, and my daughter had the chicken and sausage gumbo...each one was yummy! It was the best etoufee I've ever had - seasoned to perfection! The family that runs the restaurant was delightful - super friendly and welcoming - as most Louisianians are! We ate out just about every meal while visiting Branson - and this was our favorite. I'm sorry that we waited to eat here the night before we leave because we would go again! Thanks for the wonderful meal and company!!

• Visited July 2014