“Back on the Choice Hotel List” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #123 of 151 Hotels in Branson
Missouri, United States
“Back on the Choice Hotel List”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I previously wrote a review that this Quality Inn was no longer a Choice Hotel, and that was true at the time. I noticed last week that it is again listed as a Choice Hotel. I have not stayed there since this, so I don't know any details as to whether or not the rooms have improved. I would love to hear from any travelers who have stayed here in the last few weeks.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cleveland, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Quality on Shepherd of the Hills and really enjoyed it. Got in at 10:00 pm and the lady checking us in was very friendly. Got 2 rooms, one on Choice Privileges Rewards and one not and no problems with check in. They give you vouchers for the free continental breakfast since its in their restaurant. Lots of room to eat, and for $5 you can get full breakfast. Continental was donuts, muffins, bagels, fruit, biscuits and gravy, so it was filling without the full. Room was 1st floor in the front building but had no problems with light(parked in front of my room window to make sure that wouldnt be a problem. The indoor pool area was awesome! Good size pool, hot tub, and arcade area in the building so if the kids didn't want to swim they could play. Good idea! Staff were all super friendly, bed was comfy, good size rooms(we had 5 in ours and not problems. Great hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Branson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Quality Inn on Shepard of the Hills, the beds we so clean and comfortable, those were the best pillows ever. A lot to chose from for breakfast and that was great. Thank you. We will stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Missouri, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I just found out today that this Quality Inn (if this is still the name) is no longer a member of Choice Hotels. My husband and I stayed at this hotel many times because the rates were reasonable and the staff was always very friendly. Overtime, we did notice that the hotel was starting to go downhill, although our room was always clean and their beds were very comfortable (and no bugs). I don't know who is at fault for letting this hotel go down like it did, but it goes to show you that saving a buck by cutting back on repairs and upgrades is not always the way the go.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back building with the indoor corridors were nicer than the outside corridor rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Waited to last minute to make reservations in branson thinking wouLd be no problem. However, this quality inn was the first I could find available for all 4 nights of our stay that was both pet- friendly and had indoor pool which grand had requested. Check in was speedy and had no issues with our pet throughout our stay. Room decor was dated but room itself was very clean. bathroom was tiny. Indoor pool was nice enough. Beds were great! I usually don't sleep soundly the first night or two away from home but no problem resting here. Breakfast was limited - fine for first couple of days but got old by day 3/4. You do have option of paying $4 for other hot options but we slept in and didn't arrive each day until just before closing time. Maid service came early each day before we were ready to be out and about so we just requested towels/wash clothes/toiletries each day. All in all it was not a bad experience and was quite reasonably priced. Would probably not try with more than 2 adults and 1 young child - room/bath space particularly would be just too small

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Chose here because we could bring our dog. The room was very clean and heat was on and ready for us. Dog walk area was great for our dog, though it needs to be lighted. We had flashlights so it was ok. Mattress had a little sag to it but was ok. Staff was great very helpful. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Upper floors were very quiet, no noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

First off I understand these motels get a lot of traffic and there is a lot of wear and tear on carpet and bedding, I can deal with that. Poor house keeping that's another thing, and poor house keeping is this places speciality. We stayed three nights at the Quality Inn visiting family that moved south to mine for dust mites, and on the second day I decided to clean the place myself. On the first day my 3 year old ate cookies at the table and made a lot of crumbs as kids do, we cleaned the table but the floor needed vacuumed. We thought no big deal they will run a vacuum through there real quick and suck it up, wrong they didn't vacuum, they didn't restock the soap, they didn't even give us any wash clothes. I used a small hand towel to shower with the next morning. All they did was make the bed and give us hand towels. So we thought we would give them another shot at it, we didn't say anything we just left for the day and to our surprise we came back and the crumbs and all the rest of the shoe traffic was still there. At least this time we got wash cloths. So being fed up with the junk on the floor I snatched a vacuum from one of the maids carts and swept the floors myself, it took all of two minutes and it was done. On a side note I've thrown away better vacuums than the cleaning crew had, it was absolutely trashed. It just shows how much the management cares about quality, with the money they rake in all year round would it kill them to buy ten $100 vacuums each year and throw away the trashed ones, it's not like it takes them long to make a grand. Over all it's an average hotel that has an indoor pool that is nice, and a good free breakfast. So that's my rant take it for what it's worth, this opinion is coming from an average working class family in their thirtys.
Oh yeah I almost forgot they left an envelope on top of the tv requesting a tip for their housekeeping accomplishments, we took it as a sarcastic joke, and you know sarcasm is the lowest form of comedy.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!