The Camden Hotel is an inexpensive option for lodging near the strip in Branson. The rooms are very plain, but the mattresses very comfortable and the sheets were fresh and comfortable. Standard hotel breakfast was made more special with the addition of Krispie Kreme donuts. Late evening reception provides a nice snack after the shows.
Our room and the rooms of our family members were all in need of new carpeting as the carpet was dirty and frayed. Housekeeping was not quite detailed oriented as we found Dorito crumbs and a cigarette lighter under one of the bed skirts. Alarm clocks did not work, but evening staff was very cheerful about setting a wake-up call for us. Air conditioning did not work on the first day/night of our stay, but we mentioned it and were quite comfortable for the rest of the stay.
Up until the time I went to check out, I had weighed the pro's and con's and landed on judging that I would stay at this hotel again. However, at check-out, I was very disappointed in the customer service skills of the female assistant manager. I had noticed earlier in the morning that she had left an elderly couple standing at the desk for a while before finally dismissing them saying that she had already addressed their issue. The couple then pointed out that she still hadn't given them a key, which she then handed them and sent them on their way. I had hoped this was an isolated incident of "uninterested" customer service. But when I approached the desk later, she did not look up and did not acknowledge me until I spoke. She still didn't make eye contact with me, didn't ask about my stay, just pulled my slip and said that she had documented that I was extending my stay. I replied that only one of the three rooms was extending the stay and that the other two were checking out on time. I noted for her the room numbers of the two rooms leaving and the room number of the people who were staying additional days. She acknowledged what I had said, but still didn't look at me, didn't smile, didn't thank me.
Later that day, the party that had booked additional days called me to say that the desk had no idea they were staying additional days, and said that I had told the assistant manager that they were leaving today, as well.
It is one thing to be poorly organized, but to not accept responsibility for your mistakes and actually blame another guest when mistakes are made is really poor customer service. That coupled with the fact that the woman who was quick to point out that she was an assistant manager missed all the basics of good customer service: acknowledging the presence of a guest at the desk, smiling, asking how they can help, checking to make sure the guest is satisfied, and thanking the guest for their patronage, really soured my view of the hotel.
There are more hotel rooms in Branson than one can count, and I will try another hotel the next time I come to Branson.
- Also Known As:
- Guesthouse Inn International
- Cobblestone Hotel Branson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camden Hotel & Conference is conveniently located off Hwy 76, just steps away from Tanger Outlet Center. This hotel features a 6,000 sq. ft. convention center with 400 seats, suitable for almost any group event. With the conveniences of a prime location, elevators, in-house laundry facilities, indoor corridors, indoor swimming pool, free wireless internet, plus hot, deluxe breakfast and cookies, cobbler and ice cream every evening- you simply cannot go wrong when you choose to stay at this Branson lodging favorite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AAA Travel Services, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Camden Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.