“Awesome Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 150 Hotels in Branson
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Awesome Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was more than shocked at how truly clean, comfortable and friendly this motel is and the price is more than fair. I have paid more for much less. You won't go wrong. The staff is extremely helpful, joyful and kind. But here is the difference........ They are truly proud of this motel. Their comments are "we are here for you 24/7. So just pick up your phone and call. Those bathrooms were clean!!!!! I will be returning next time I make a trip to Branson. The location was a huge plus. Also, the breakfast cinnamon rolls are sooooo good. I always felt at home during my stay. The staff couldn't be any better. My whole experience was an A++++++++++!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
JSmith2581, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Branson - Green Mountain Drive, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
As a fellow Texan...I loved seeing that we were able to take great care of you during your visit to Branson. I know Corpus Christi well...and that's along way from Branson...so we are glad you chose to stay with us on your visit.

I agree...our cinnamon rolls are the best ! Come back and visit Branson again and take in a few shows while you visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The staff was very professional and friendly. The breakfast personnel do an exceptional job at keeping the food trays filled, room clean and very helpful to ensure you get what you need. I was exhausted watching how hard they had to work especially on the weekends. I travel a lot for my company and I am very particular about my accomodations. I have been visiting Branson with my family for many years. For the last several years, I only choose this Holiday Inn because of the helpful and courteous staff. The rooms are comfortable, clean and quiet and the mini refrig and microwave are a bonus. This particular trip was a shopping trip for the girls and they were very helpful to give great directions and short cuts for the newer shops as well as good places to eat. I would have to say the management is doing a wonderful job to ensure the guests are number one because sometimes this hotel is fully booked so I make sure I plan in advance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate all the nice comments you posted in your review. I was happy to see that our staff was able to help you get the most out of your time in Branson. There is so much to do and when you learn the shortcuts around here and how to get around all that traffic...it just enhances the experience.

Thank you again for taking time to post a review and we look forward to seeing you again on yur next trip to Branson !
Pontiac, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you were to look at my Tripadvisor profile, you would note that I have made 65 contributions, have been in 261 cities, in 14 countries, and so can truly be considered a "world traveler." Generally, I only write reviews of facilities which are very good, or very poor, and believe me, I have been in many of both kinds, all over the world. The Holiday Inn express on Green Mountain drive certainly qualifies as one of the very good. It qualifies as excellent, in my opinion. Have stayed at this motel many, many times, and have reviewed it twice in the past. The whole experience at this hotel is good, from check-in to check-out. The desk staff is honestly glad to see you when you arrive. The rooms are clean, they are comfortable and reasonable in price. When folks start complaining about "runny gravy" and "code violations" you have to wonder if they are the type that would complain if they were to be hanged with a new rope! This hotel always offers a pleasant stay, the FREE breakfast is good and if you don't like it you have the option of eating elsewhere and paying for it. I do not once recall any of the staff forcing me to eat at their breakfast facility. The attendants at the breakfast area do a super job of keeping it stocked and clean. The pool area is much nicer than it used to be, now that it is enclosed and using a salt water system instead of the chlorine. There is ample parking, the grounds are clean and the location is great. You can get to the Branson Strip easily without having to be on it and put up with the associated traffic and noise. This last trip, we took two rooms, one for us and one for the wife's sister, who is a notorious hotel complainer. She had not one bad word to say about this hotel, which would definitely indicate the hotel is a good one. In the past 26 years, we have stayed at many Branson hotels, including some of the "high dollar" ones, and this Holiday Inn continues to be at the top of our list. They do an outstanding job, always! Once in awhile, they make a mistake, but if you don't make a mistake once in awhile, you aren't doing anything!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JSmith2581, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Branson - Green Mountain Drive, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank You for your review...WOW, to see all the places you have seen in your travels...nice to see that you take the time to post reviews when you can.

I appreciate all your WONDERFUL observations of your visit to our hotel. Our staff takes great pride in trying to meet and exceed all your expectations and I can't wait to share your comments with each of them.

Our indoor pool, full-hot breakfast, and convenient location are indeed a plus when staying here...THANK YOU again for taking time out of your busy travel schedule to post your review!
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is my second time back at this hotel and to my pleasure, Michael checked me in and remembered me from my last stay, the reason I know he remembered me is because he asked if we were going back to Billy Bobs Dairyland that he suggested last time and we loved, loved, loved. Our room was clean and Cathy in the breakfast room did an awesome job keeping up with all the people. I found out they had sold out. Tonya was a great help in the ticket office and by her request, we went and saw AYO, a new show that is now one of our favorites. I can see why this hotel is so busy, because you are their family.

Room Tip: Ask for fifth floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JSmith2581, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Branson - Green Mountain Drive, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
As a huge Elvis fan...I love seeing reviews come in from Memphis ! I appreciate the time you took to post your review as it clearly exemplifies the type of team members we look for when we staff our hotels. Michael, Cathy, and Tonya are three excellent team members who take great care of our guests and THANK YOU for commenting to that fact.

Having a show ticket office, right in our lobby, really does enhance the guest experience and I was happy to see that you took advantage of the convenience. Our great staff, hot breakfast and ticket service are only a few reasons we have a busy hotel...our indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center, and gameroom really round-out the rest of our amenities and I hope you were able to enjoy them all.

"Thank You...Thank You very much"...for posting this review...
Meridian, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I read some bad reviews on this location from noisy air conditioner to small room, and other things. Then there were the good reviews from people who stayed here that probably live in a typical middle class home (for you rich folks, that means no butler or maids) like myself and can't afford to stay in the most luxurious motels. So I took a chance on this location, and boy am I glad I did. None of the above problems were noted. A/C was great....room was adequate size and very clean, great King Size bed, shower was awesome and my wife loved the vanity basin located just outside the main bathroom where she would "do her thing" while I did my thing to get ready to go to our shows. And now the best part......the morning Breakfast that was furnished on the 2nd floor each day. WOW....I forgot to get the lady's name that ran that every morning but man was she GREAT!!!! Never was a shortage of food like eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, and ALWAYS had pleanty of fresh coffee. My hat off to you young lady!!! I loved it!!!!! SO!!!!! Do I sound like I had a great experience....you bet and we are visiting Branson again next year and I will be staying at this same location. All of the staff, from the Desk folks to the people that cleaned the rooms were so friendly. Thank all of you for a wonderful and memorable stay....can't wait to see you NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor. It is much quiter on that floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
It is so refreshing to see that even though a negative review had been posted, you made a decision to come try us out for yourselves...and turned out you were glad you did...THANK YOU for taking the time to post your review of our hotel.

Cathy, our breakfast room attendant, does a wonderful job in taking care of all of our guests in the hotel, regardless of how busy we are, we consistently receive great comment cards regarding her service and the high quality of our breakfast. She will appreciate seeing that you recognized her.

We do share all comments, positive and negative, with all of our staff as we all believe it will help us to continue to improve and consistently deliver the level of service and quality you expect. The housekeeping and front desk staff will love to see that they took great care of you as well.

Thank You again for staying with us and posting this review...we look forward to seeing you again in the future when your travel plans bring you back to Branson.
Pittsburg, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express is greatly located in the center of town off the strip. Had a wonderful experience from the moment we checked in and were greeted by front desk staff, Michael and Michelle who were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and cozy. Breakfast was fantastic with a spread of cinnamon rolls, pancakes, eggs, a meat(different each day we were there), biscuits and gravy and much more. Cathy the breakfast lady is super nice. The hotel had an indoor pool and jaccuzi which we enjoyed. The ticket ladies, Tonya and Sally were helpful in helping us decide on some shows and entertainment while we were here on vacation. Overall experience was you can't go wrong staying here. 100% great vacation....

Room Tip: This hotel has ground level on both 1st and 2nd floors of the hotel. 1st floor ground level by fron...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a glowing review of our hotel !
Our staff works hard to make your stay as perfect as we can, and although we don't always get it right, we do strive for excellence...your comments definitely validate all the hard work this staff performs on a daily basis.
Michael, Michelle, Cathy, Tonya, and Sally are all team-members that consistently perofrm at a dynamic level here at the hotel...thank you for taking time to mention them in your review. We will share your comments with the entire team and THANK YOU again for posting your review.
Saint Charles, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Definately not up to par for Holiday Inn Express..left the room before 9 a.m and returned after 3:30 and our room was not cleaned. The first day we just spread up the bed ourselves and got some clean towels. The second day same thing..nothing cleaned by 3:45. Called the front desk who told us their priority was to clean the rooms of guests checking out that day. I guess they don't worry too much about the guests who are still staying there. This is the middle of tourist season; you would think they would have enough people on staff to do their housekeeping efficiently and quickly. Also, we were in a room on the end of the building and apparently there was a maintenance area right below us because they would start up what sounded like a generator at all hours. I thought a plane was landing outside. It made our bed vibrate and it happened twice in the middle of the night and would go on for several minutes. There was also no fruit in the breakfast room. Really???? Next time I am going to Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JSmith2581, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Branson - Green Mountain Drive, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post your comments, I do apologize for the issues you encountered.

Our housekeeping department works until 6:00pm most days this time of year, and it is not uncommon to have a room to not get serviced until after 3pm. We would have been happy to clean your room earlier in the day had it been requested. We do try to honor all requests for service to our inhouse guests, as well as our guests arriving each day, as you are all improtant to us.

I am sorry that there was some noise that came through our mechanical room for the fire suppression system near your room which caused the disturbance and unfortunately it does happen occasionally in order for the system to operate properly so that the safety of our guests remains top priority.

I want to thank you again for taking time to post a review as your comments will help us improve our staff and services here at the hotel.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Branson - Green Mountain Drive? Share your experiences!