“Funny to need a sense of humor” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #121 of 197 Activities in Branson
Type: Performances
11 attraction reviews
“Funny to need a sense of humor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Some of the humor was above children's ears. The music and dancers were mediocre. The comedy was funny at times, but others times you sat wondering when the show would end.

Chicago
43 attraction reviews
“Always good--even better this year! A must see!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Comedy Jamboree will, I predict, win many awards this year!
There is a new host, Stretch McCord, (Justin Sifford) who is both a great host and a good singer. Comedians Shannon Thomason and Harley Worthit are more funny than ever--Shannon's Honey Booboo costume is worth the price of admission.
The band, as always, is excellent and my favorite part, the singers and dancers, have a major role in the show and every song and every dance routine has been carefully chosen and near perfectly executed.
Honestly, I have always gone to this show because my husband has always liked it but this year, in my opinion, it is very appealing to even those of us who don't normally choose a show for its comedic content.

Louisville
10 attraction reviews
“Boring Sums Up This Show”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Not worth your money or your time. Worst show we saw on our trip to Branson. This show didn't have much to offer. The singers had weak, amaturish voices, and the comedians (if you could even call them that) were not funny at all....literally no one in the audiance was laughing at them except a couple of very young children. The only bright spot was the musicians. Both the pianist and the fiddle player were outstanding.

Visited February 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
4 attraction reviews
“Totally Cheesy...But I think thats what they were going for...?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was kinda confused. There was sooooo much music in it. Then I found out Branson is the Live music capital of the world. The performers were good I thought. You can tell they have been together along time. There was a guy Playing the fiddle? who is simply awesome. Same goes for an award winning Piano Player...

The comedy was fun for all ages comedy...which is what I kinda expected for a 3pm show. It kinda reminded me of HeeHaw and Laugh-in from 1970's TV growing up.

They seemed to work hard to make sure nobody is offended by the humour in the show...so I find it totally Ironic... That I was Offended and made to feel uncomfortable by all the Obama bashing. Everytime they made an Obama Joke, this woman and her family a few rows over would glare at me for my "reaction" It was totally uncomfortable...

Later..Near the end of the show when they asked for the Veterans to please stand, and I stood up...the woman Sneered at me. I just wanted to leave, after I smacked her of course...

Visited December 2012
Texas
13 attraction reviews
“Fun and Laughs for the while family!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Funny funny funny!! Applejack and his sidekick were absolutely funny..the show was full of energy! We are a family of 4 and also my parents Went. We all laughed so hard. It was really an enjoyable experience. We were on a budget so this is the only show we seen. Kind of high priced but it was enjoyable. Next time we will try other shows. Just a heads up if you or your child have nut allergies, they serve nuts at the concession stand.