“Tired of the Political Jokes” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #121 of 196 Activities in Branson
Type: Performances
Orlando, Florida
56 attraction reviews
“Tired of the Political Jokes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you are not a bible carrying caucasian and definitely not a Republican, forget this show. This was the first time to see Branson shows. I was offended of the Obama blasting in most of the shows. Also, if someone is Hebrew or of another faith, you will have to listen to gospel. We booked this show because we thought it was a comedy jamboree...possibly hearing some great comedy country music. The majority of the audience were of an average age of 70. The young group of 4 sang tunes that were not classic country and what they did sing, you couldn't understand their words. Most of the comedy was using audience participation. I believe this is so they would sell more DVDs of that particular show. When leaving I told one of the comedians "Democrats must not be welcome at your show from the comments you make". He said "We tried it the other way and nobody laughed". I said, "Maybe we don't need a laugh". My partners and I own 2 travel agencies. I'm going to think very carefully about what shows I would promote to them if I brought a group to Branson. I'd have to "qualify" them first so they wouldn't be offended by remarks made.

Visited September 2012

Decatur, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
“Music was better than the comedy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is mostly a singing act with comedy between sets. While being part of a gag with the comedian one of the lady singers recognized where I was from and during intermission she took the time to come meet me and told me she went to school in my town.

Visited July 2012
Wisconsin
11 attraction reviews
“Very funny, plus great music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We don't listen to Country music, but the singing was excellent and the comedy was even better! The show lasted two hours, with a 15 minute break which was nice.

Visited July 2012
Pekin, Illinois, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Great show - Comedy and wonderful voices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

This show was a mixture of laughter-lots and lots of laughter. The comedians are so great and have wonderful interaction. The music is wonderful. The Jamboree singers are very good and sing a variety of songs--The individual singers are good too. Loved that is was a 3:00 pm show--

Visited May 2012
Chicago
43 attraction reviews
“a fun, entertaining and talented show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Although normailly not a comedian loving patron, my husband is one and loves the Comedy Jamboree in Branson, so I go with him.
I am enjoying the show more this year since they have included more dancing. The band is great, all of the singing and dancing is very well-down and offers different types of music and even I laugh at some of the jokes!
I don't think that I would take young children to the show but it is a family friendly show for families with older children.
We also think that the Grand Country Music Hall has the best buffets in Branson and they give you an excellent "deal" on that with your show tickets.

Visited April 2012