“beautiful & relaxing cruise” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #110 of 197 Activities in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a sunset dinner cruise on Lake Taneycomo. We had a very nice dinner and a lovely sunset boat ride.
Chicago, Illinois
10 attraction reviews
“beautiful & relaxing cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband & I took this sightseeing cruise on Lake Taneycomo in October. It was the height of the fall colors, and the trees reflecting on the water were very beautiful. As you board the boat, the photographer takes your picture; later on you have the opportunity to buy the photos if you wish. I took plenty of my own photos also, as the trip was exceptionally scenic. Our captain was highly experienced, and narrated our trip, relating the history of this manmade lake, and pointing out eagles, herons, vultures & other wildlife along the way. You can go below & sit in climate-controlled comfort, watching the sights thru the windows, or you can sit on deck & enjoy the weather (which, fortunately, was pretty enjoyable on the day we went!) While there were no little kids on our particular trip, I think children ( of all ages) would enjoy this, because the captain was also very informative about the boat, and gave anyone who was interested a chance to hold the wheel for a bit.
Just my opinion, but we deliberately did NOT do the dinner cruise. Aside from the fact that it was considerably more expensive than the sightseeing cruise, I think that eating a meal there would actually DETRACT from one's enjoyment of the beautiful scenery & relaxing feel of cruising on the water.

Baltimore, Maryland
14 attraction reviews
“A nice relaxing ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

luckily the weather was 85 the end of October which made the ride very enjoyable. The ride was not very long, but the captain was very amusing and keep the ride fun. Drinks on board very reasonably priced. Be prepared to get your picture taken when getting on board, and we never buy these pictures but that day we did because it was a really great photo. Did think the price was a little high.

Jackson, Tennessee, United States
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The dinner cruise on the Princess yacht exceeded our expectations!! The food was delicious, the atmosphere relaxing, and the crew very accommodating! Our daughter enjoyed helping Captain "Bubba" steer the vessel, and we all enjoyed watching the fire & water show!!

Round Lake
3 attraction reviews
“Great boat ride, friendly staff, kids under 7 are FREE and get to eat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We decided to try out both this boat cruise, and the scenic railway train ride. This deal was the better of the two. We took a four year old and one year old (who were both free) and did the $40 dinner cruise. My son got to visit the Captain and sit behind the wheel, which made for wonderful memories. They even gave him an honorary Captain's license, which was very fun for us. The dinner was nice, although there were some flies around; maybe that doesn't bother some people. We started out with a salad and then had a buffet that was better than I expected. There was rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, baked beans, cornbread muffins and something else I didn't have that I can't remember (sorry!). The dessert was bread pudding. There is a bar for drink purchase and you can walk around the outside of the boat and sit up on the second level. One of the boats was under maintenance so we rode on the newer of the two boats (Princess, I believe). We saw a bald eagle on the route and just enjoyed the ride. At the end of the ride, we stopped in front of the water/fire show in downtown Branson and got to watch that from the boat, which was a fun surprise. We really enjoyed this and would do it again. I wrote a review about the train ride as well, but I would personally skip that and do the boat next time.

Visited September 2012
Springfield Il
6 attraction reviews
“Nice relaxing boat ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This was in our package - Ozarks by Land and Lake. Great way to relax and see many things along the way. You will not be disappointed.

Visited July 2012