“Great Location with Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of French Quarter

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Branson
French Quarter
You added French Quarter to your Saves list
3706 W 76 Country Blvd, Branson, MO 65616   |
Ranked #79 of 150 Hotels in Branson
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Location with Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

You say French Quarter, they say French Quater. When I first saw this misspelling on the phone covers in my room, I thought this lack of attention to detail would forecast a bad and disappointing stay. Thankfully, these typos were not a taste of things to come.

The location and staff at French Quarter are excellent. Although the site is away from the hustle and bustle farther down the strip and in downtown, the main highway is at the front door, and an alternative route to avoid traffic is at the back door. It's quiet but close enough to all the shows, restaurants, and entertainment you might want to enjoy.

French Quarter has several 4-story condo buildings, yet I did not receive any telemarketing calls during my stay. My 1-bedroom unit included a smallish bedroom with a full-size bed, small bathroom, and a kitchen/dining/living area. The space was more than enough for me to spread out and be comfortable during my visit, and I used the closet washer and dryer more than once. The furnishings were worn but clean and adequate. Because I was on the 4th floor, my unit included a large balcony that overlooked the hillsides of Branson. I especially enjoyed using the jets in the bathtub to relax after a long day of climbing, walking, and sightseeing around Branson.

The closet in the bedroom was small, yet I had plenty of room for my items. Although the unit was advertised to sleep 4, two people would have slept in the bedroom and two people would have slept on the pull-out couch. It would have been uncomfortable but doable for four people to share the one small bathroom. The kitchen/dining room/living area would have been very comfortable for four people.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. The gentleman who checked me in went out of his way to make me feel welcome, and Corey Engstrom at the ticket counter helped me find my way around. Internet access is not available in the units, but it is available until 10 pm at the main office. Every time I visited the office, the staff were friendly and helpful.

Staying in a condo is always a bit tricky. Sometimes I'm uncertain whether I need to bring cooking utensils, sheets and towels, or paper goods. French Quarter provides cooking and eating utensils plus sheets and towels for 4. Paper goods are enough for one person for a little over a week, but you can purchase extra paper towels and toilet paper at the office. Shampoo and soap were included in the bathroom, but I'm glad that I bought along my own things. Dish soap and dishwasher soap were more than adequate, but the unit included only one packet of laundry soap.

The primary reasons for my star rating are the lack of Internet availability in each unit; the need for some new furnishings; and the small size of the bedroom and bathroom. Yet these were offset by the great location, great staff, and peaceful atmosphere. When I return to Branson, I'll probably stay here again if the location meets the needs of myself and my travel party.

Room Tip: A 1-bedroom may be too small for 4 travelers. Internet is available in the office until 10 pm. Loo...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Billy-AsstGenManager, Manager at French Quarter, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for the positive feedback. We appreciate you rating the resort at a 4 out of 5.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

This was our second time. We love this place, nice and quiet and location off the main strip which is good.

Rooms were comfortable for 2, kitchen and living room good size. Only thing missing was WiFi. You have to go to the check- in building to get internet.

No calls for timeshare and no charge for maintenance. Excellent, would definitely go there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the nice comments and perfect score (5 of 5). I hope we have earned your trust for future vacations with us? We hope to see you back again and again.......and again.
Billy Hayes - Assistant Resort General manager
Saugus, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

We spent a week at The French Quarter in Oct., 2011. The location can't be beat as the back entrance is on the Yellow Route and literally 3 minutes from the back entrances of The Duttons, Caravell and Jim Stafford Theaters, making it very convenient to get anywhere, including the Jubilee grocery store. The Olive Garden and Cracker Barrell are an easy walk and the Red Route is just up the street.

A bit of advice about room location. Our original room was on the first floor in building 6 and there was a very high concrete wall only 10' or 12' from the patio, giving it a very claustrophobic feel. The front desk staff was more than accommodating in moving us to a 3rd floor unit in building 3 where we had a nice balcony. All of the 1st floor units have a patio, although none were as closed in as building 3, and all other units in all of the buildings have a balcony. We've stayed in 3 different time shares in Branson and would definately return to the The French Quarter, but I would make sure we did not have a 1st floor. We had the one bedroom unit and it was clean and perfectly adequate for the two of us for our stay.

The staff was friendly and very helpful. We purchased several show tickets from the concierge in the lobby and saved a few dollars on each. It was quick and easy and we had great seats.

Room Tip: All rooms on the 2nd floor and up have a balcony which we much preferred to ground level patios, esp...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the positive feedback. We are happy to see we met your expectations. We certainly hope to see you again on another return trip - maybe you will be one of our newest owners one day?
Dublin Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We had a 1 bed unit on the 4th floor, it was rather small by American standards but perfectly adequate for 2 people, it would ahve been very cramped for more than that. It was very well furnished and equipped except for the fact that the bedroom wardrobe was very small and the door to it was less than half of a normal size door. No other wardrobe. Bathroom very small, kitchen had little work space and it was part of the living room. But having said all of that we had a great time, the apartment was very clean, the grounds very tidy, in a quiet location yet on the top end of the strip, but you do need a car to get anywhere, no shop on site or nearby a few miles drive to do any real grocery shopping. Staff very helpful but reception closes at 10pm if you arrive late you have to make a phone call to get your keys.

Room Tip: Take the largest room if there are more than 2 in your party
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 out of 5. I am very pleased to see that we have met your vacation expectations. We appreciate the high score and thank you again for providing some feedback on your experiences.
Cape Girardeau, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Well located, gold crown resort. Contains about 8 condo buildings that appears to take up all their available real estate. Our 1 bedroom was comfortable but smaller that the typical gold crown 1 bdrm. Televisions had smaller screens than usual. Check In was very easy and pleasant. NO timeshare pressure at all. There was a timeshare 2 hour tour offer available on site for $125 in tickets for a DIFFERENT condo company/location. Show tickets sold on site appear well discounted. Almost all show tickets in the $30+ area.
Location here a big plus since 1) Close to major intersection (entertainment/food) of "Shepherd of the Hills" and Route 76,
2) Across the road from Cracker Barrel,
3) Can easily use east/west "Green Mountain Road" or "Shepherd of the Hills" to avoid Hwy 76 traffic hangups.
Don't forget Silver Dollar City ticket option to enter at 3:00pm for free (closes at 6:00 followed by evening show) on day before your full day ticket.
If getting Showboat general admission tickets, ask for level 2, section BB on left or right side. The best level 1 seats are taken by bus groups. Food was so-so but 4 or 8:00pm show very good.

Room Tip: Bldgs 4 and higher have better parking space. Bldgs 3,4,5 not far from pools area where free WiFi a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
I do hope we have another opportunity in the future to provide a 5 out of 5 vacation experience. Thank you for the reviews.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We wanted a central location requiring little driving to shows and French Quarter was perfect. We had a one bedroom, very tiny at less than 600 sq. ft. which prompted my 4 stars instead of 5. Everything else was perfect. We had a newer unit on the ground floor, very clean, with everything provided in a condo week's rental. The staff was exceptional, and we were on our own all week, as desired. Next time I will book the 2-bedroom at 1160 sq. ft. as the extra cost will be worth it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Got a walk-in price of 75.00 for a 1 bedroom with full kicthen, near pool! The condo was near nice restrarunts and could quickly get on the yellow route, which is faster than going threw 76H. Free wifi and parking. Only stayed one night , but will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for condo near pool, better wifi reception!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Billy Hayes - Assistant Resort General Manager

Been to French Quarter? Share your experiences!