“Misleading” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Trenton
“Misleading”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Cancelled another hotel to stay here based on photos and reviews. Very Very misleading is the fact that behind this great front entrance is a old motel type hotel where most of the rooms are located. When you book you are not told this and would never have booked if this had been know. Too late to cancel since cancellation day was prior day to arrival. Very unhappy since there are so many other places to choose from. Also breakfast is a voucher to restaurant next door which includes buffet but you are charged for drinks and tip.

Room Tip: Do not recommend this hotel at all. Also please note that on the weekends this main road becomes a p...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
tim d, General Manager at Clarion Hotel at the Palace, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
I'm sorry to hear you had a problem with the location of your room and I'm sorry you were disappointed in the breakfast. I hope you will give us another chance if you visit Branson in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Pineville, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I was pleased with everything about this hotel regarding great pool, free breakfast, clean room, friendly staff, comfortable beds, and value. I would just like people to be aware of the "ticket sale booth" in the front of Sadies Sideboard restaurant where you receive your free breakfast. We wanted to purchase some show tickets and thought you could possibly just buy them there for convienence. The first thing I asked to man is if there was a catch and do we have to attend a timeshare presentation. He said no, all you have to do is go to such and such place to pick up your tickets. Unfortunately I believed him and never read the receipt he folded and handed to my husband. After I read the fine print about sitting through a 90min presentation I was aggravated but decided well we are saving money. The 90 min presentation was really 2 hours. After the presentation a high pressure salesperson who was very rude and offensive sat with us and treated us terribly b/c we weren't interested. Please Clarion and all customers go online and read the terrible reviews about VSA-Vacation Services of America. I am disappointed that Clarion and Sadies would even be remotely associated with such a shady and deceptive business. Use expedia or travelocity if you are that desperate to save money on vacation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
I wanted to thank you for the pleasant review you placed about our property. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and our amenities. I'm sorry you had a problem with the ticket booth employee at Sadie's restaurant. Unfortunately we don't control that but I am speaking with the manager at Sadie's about this. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I hope we will see you again soon.
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We got a great rate on this hotel for our family reunion. We loved it! The rooms were nice, clean, and good-sized. The staff were lovely and quite accomodating. There were two pool (indoor & outdoor). We were at the outdoor pool every evening and loved it. It is huge ... with a separated (with buoy time line) area for the deeper area for adults and an extensive area for children or those who enjoy shallow depth.

The hotel provides a free breakfast each day at the restaurant next door. Coffee, milk, and juice are all free. They do charge for sodas ... which we don't drink for breakfast anyway.

I will stay here again anytime I come to Branson!

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the elevator. We often used the stairs because we were a little farther fr...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I wanted to thank you for the pleasant review you placed about our property. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and our amenities and that we were able to offer you a great group rate. I hope we will see you again soon.
Saint Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Clarion last year and re booked for this year. We love the rooms with the balconies and the outdoor pool. The beds are comfy and everything is very clean. Make sure if you book that you request the rooms with the balconies in the main building. The balconies aren't huge but two people can sit comfortably. The rooms come with a safe (not that we felt the need to use it in Branson), a microwave, and a mini refrigerator. The workers at the hotel are all very nice. A free breakfast buffet is included and it was okay, not great but certainly good enough for a free meal. It is next door at Sadie's which was okay. All in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with the balconies (the inside rooms) connected to the main building.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I wanted to thank you for the pleasant review you placed about our property. I also want to thank you for being a repeat guest. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and our amenities. I hope we will see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I made reservations in advance for a certain room. Didn't get the room. Requested balcony facing 76 Strip. My balcony faced the street but there wasa huge tree right in the way. Right next to the balcony is where all the smokers gathered to smoke. Also the Free breakfast buffet didn't include drinks!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
I'm sorry to hear you had a problem with the location of your room and that your request was not able to be met and that your drinks weren't free. We do everything we possibly can to honor requests. I hope you will give us another chance if you visit Branson in the future.
Huntsville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were able to get this hotel at a discounted rate due to a friends and family discount. If we had paid full price I would really have been disappointed. We checked in on Thursday night and the staff checking us in seemed very occupied with something else. I had to ask questions like, "How do I get to my room?" Parking was also horrid. We had to park in front of the restaurant next door, Sadies, all 3 nights. We also found out how thin the walls were. We could hear the toilets flush in the rooms beside us... Also, someone went running through the halls and talking loudly almost all 3 nights we were there. Breakfast was good at Sadies next door (complimentary through the hotel). The pools were both very nice. The outdoor pool had a large 3-foot area perfect for our younger children to enjoy. However, I didn't enjoy the 1950s music so much while we were swimming. No music would have been fine. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. OH and I was really excited about the room with a balcony until I realized we were on the first floor. I really don't think we will be staying here again. We have stayed in nicer hotels for less money without a discount in the past. But, it's a great option for a clean place to stay if you don't mind too much noise and very little parking.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay. We do everything we possibly can so that our guests enjoy their stay with us. I hope you will give us another chance if you visit Branson in the future.
Lawrence, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed here several years ago and loved it. So I was excited to book early for this trip and get a discounted rate. However...I didn't realize that it meant we were staying "out back" in the "motel" portion of the place. The indoor pool was freezing, the beds were hard, the drinking glasses were filthy and the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night, sending everyone out into the parking lot in their jammies. I don't know if it was prank or malfunction, but either way it added to my unhappiness with our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We have new pillowtop mattresses with plush mattress covers on top of that in all our rooms and the pool is cleaned and tested every single day. It is always kept at the temperature required by the health department. A child had pulled the fire alarm which obviously is out of our control. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

Been to Clarion Hotel at the Palace? Share your experiences!