“Branson's Best” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 150 Hotels in Branson
Arkansas
“Branson's Best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We (4 people) arrived in Branson June 22, 2012 and stayed at the Clarion 2 nights. We arrived at about 2 pm that Friday, check-in was very easy. The staff was very nice and very helpful. I did have one problem with the room key not working, but they got it taken care of. They were great, this was no big deal..
At check-in they gave us vouchers for a free breakfast buffets at Sadies Restaurant right next door. The buffet was awesome, probably not the best breakfast in Branson, but we approved. Sadies had live music while we ate breakfast both mornings. Great. For the 4 of us, the breakfast was easily a $100 value.
For the 2 weekend nights, 1 bedroom w/ balcony, 2 queen beds, 4 people, it was $270 dollars. I think it is a great value when you include the free breakfast.
The grounds were spotless, the lobby was spotless, the rooms were spotless, and the pool area was spotless. Plenty of parking.
It is located in the heart of Branson, you are in walking distance of shops, restaurants, and shows. Traffic is horrible, so that is nice.
The room had two queen beds that were very comfortable. The pillows were the best. The bathroom was very clean, plenty of towels for the four of us. Room had a frig, microwave, and cable TV.
It was late June, the temps were at about mid 90's. I put the A/C on high, cool, and the room was extremely cold, the way I like it. It got so cold, we had to turn it down.

If I did have one complaint, it would be that the Oasis Bar is a little high in price on drinks, $15 for a crown and coke (horrible price). Drink elsewhere. Other than that, this stay was an very good experience.
Thank you Branson Clarion.

Room Tip: Go for the balcony room, pool side. Use the buffet vouchers.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Clarion Hotel at the Palace, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review.! I am so glad to hear that you took advantage of the breakfast vouchers. We just started that this year, most people really enjoy the breakfast. I am a little confused about the crown and coke being 15.00.! You should have been charged 7.50 plus tax for a single and 13.45 plus tax for a double. Maybe thats where the confusion is ??? Again I am grateful for your excellant review.!!!

Tim Dent G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Lee's Summit, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Our ac didn't work properly the first night. Luckily we had a room with a balcony and could open the door to cool off. The staff moved us to a new room the following morning. Rooms are nice. Staff is great. The balcony's overlook either the "strip" or the resort style pool. Love the pool. You can walk from the pool to the restaurant bar to get a drink and bring it back to the pool area. This hotel has two pools. One outdoor and one indoor, plus a hot tub outdoors. The restaurant, Buckingham's, has excellent prime rib!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony and try to get one that suits your taste. Some face traffic and is goo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
tim d, General Manager at Clarion Hotel at the Palace, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for your great reveiw.! I am sorry aboutt the ac, unfortunatly things like that happen. I am glad my staff was quick to respond. Also thank you for trying Buckinghams, many of our guests assume that ( its a hotel restaurant... it is gonna be over priced and not good...) . Buckinghams has excellant food and is not over priced. I am glad you tried it and agree.. Again thanks for the great reveiw.
Tim Dent GM
Texarkana, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel. The rooms are great. We had a king room with a balcony. The beds are very comfortable with just the right softness. You get plenty of soft pillows also. I also like that the vanity area is outside the bath. You get a full breakfast buffet next door at Sadie's restauant. You will get coffee included but any other drinks are not included. It is a good buffet and so much better than continental. The outdoor pool area is verynice. We had no trouble with parking. We were able to park in the front every night which was very nice. We have stayed in several other hotels in Branson but this one has been the best. We will be staying here again!

Room Tip: Be sure to request the main building. We enjoyed the street view but I will request pool view next t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review.! We have just about completed our remodeling project. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay!!!!
Joliet, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We came in a group of 6 and had a wonderful time. The hotel is beatiful, just wish the lounge stayed open later. There was a misunderstanding with the reservation made on one of the rooms, but they made it right by upgrading the room I was to pay for and charged me the same price. The staff were all friendly and very helpful. The beds are bit high, felt like I had to get a running start to jump into bed. However, slept like a baby once I was in it.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room overlooking the outdoor pool area.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
tim d, General Manager at Clarion Hotel at the Palace, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
I wanted to thank you for the pleasant review you placed about our property. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and our amenities. I hope we will see you again soon.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My husband & I stayed here over a week. We went to Branson to celebrate our 40th Wedding Ann. Beds were very comfortable! Rooms clean! Very reasonable price too! Breakfast came with the room at Sadie's Sideboard next door. Good food but the breakfast is the same every day so you might need a break. Sadie's had entertainment every morning too! Beautiful hotel & grounds & pool! Also a laundry where you can wash & dry your clothes. They even put congratulations on our 40th on the lighted sign in front of the hotel! I look forward to staying here when we return to Branson, MO.

Room Tip: I suggest getting a room with a balcony!!
Copperas Cove, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I am the planer for a Military Reunion each year and we have meet in Branson for the past 7 years. This was our first time to stay at the Clarion. It was neat and clean, the staff were all courteous and helpful especially Joe Luna (Semper Fi) and his wife who took care of our Hospitality Room and meet our ever need. We will be returning next year to the Clarion.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
ks
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We went to the clarion may of 2012.They only had 1 handicaped parking out front which we were only able to get 1 time.The hotel is on a hill and if you park in the back you have a long way to walk.My husband complained to the management and they told us we could park at a resturant next to hotel.But it was still on a incline.So i would have to let my husband out of car and then go park.You have to go to the restaurant next door to hotel for your breakast.It was good but if you wanted any kind of juice you had to pay a dollar.We wount stay there next time because of the handicapped issue.Everthing else was fine.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
I'm sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. We do everything we possibly can so that our guests are happy and comfortable. It seems this time we fell short. We do have 2 handicap parking spots in the front and 3 more in the back which is how many handicap rooms we have. Unfortnately we can't do anything about the hills, that's just the Ozarks. I hope you will give us another chance if you visit Branson in the future.

Been to Clarion Hotel at the Palace? Share your experiences!