“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Sun-Wed 15% Savings
Ranked #85 of 151 Hotels in Branson
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Everything was great except the indoor pool was ice cold,hot top tub was luke warm. Need a big gger breakfast room, because the tour bus people hang out way to long after they eat. No room for anyone else to set an eat.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

This is the 3rd time my husband and I have stayed at Stone Castle. We always enjoy our stay for the value and service. The rooms are always clean and the free buffet breakfast is usually pretty good. However, every time we have stayed, there have been church youth groups staying too...and always near our room. Apparently the kids aren't closely chaperoned because they are very loud and rowdy. The first night, my husband was kept awake because of the loud kids running in the halls. The second night was better because the hotel had hung quiet signs around. But early the next morning, we were awaken by a loud banging across the hall...kids were coming and going through the room across the hall, letting the deadbolt bang as they passed. Next time we will try to request a room away from the kid groups.

• Stayed July 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

After booking a month and a half in advance, confirming a week in advance, and confirming the DAY OF for 2 queen beds and a roll away bed at 11 am with both the Stone Castle and Branson travel Group; when we got to the hotel at 1145 pm we were up grated to a sweet. That would have been great however there was only one bed in that sweet and 5 of us! The company I booked with and the hotel new I had kids! So needless to say we did not stay there because they had no room available and no roll a ways! They did however put us up in a sister hotel with 2 queens so we had to cram together to all sleep in the beds! Don't stay at stone castle and Don't stay at Dockers Inn and DO NOT book with Branson travel group! They all LIE!!!! Plus both hotels are nasty!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jay W, General Manager at The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2014
Thank you for your comments, I apologize you’re reservation was made in error and you had an unpleasant experience. It’s rarely as devious as you make it sound- the original reservation was marked for two people, not five and your reservation was upgraded to a suite earlier in the day and then of course when you arrived, the error was found. The hotel was sold out at almost midnight and the only solution to accommodate you was to move you to another hotel, my apologies.

As far as Branson Travel Group, Hotels.com, Booking.com or any company you choose to make your reservation through, it’s always best to confirm directly with the hotel and not the booking agency to make sure the reservation is accurate. To say everyone lies, is a broad and inaccurate statement, mistakes are made, apologizes (sorry again) are given and then you’re offered a complimentary stay. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you in a better situation.

Jay Wilson
Jay@BransonStoneCastle.com
Sanger, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Upon arrival we were 3 hours early and our rooms ( we had 2) were not ready. I asked the lady if there were any others rooms available and she looked and found us one. So we checked in got to the room and it was very nice and very clean. Bathrooms are very small was the only downfall. The breakfast was decent. The pools and hot tubs are in doors which kept us out of the sun( A plus in my book) Pool would have been better if the windows would have opened to let the heat and chlorine smell out. Staff were polite and friendly. Motel is located on the yellow route, so it was easy going to the right direction for what you wanted and avoid most of the traffic. Great place for the price. Would stay there again. Thanks Stone Castle for the great vacation.

Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stopped in for a night when passing through Branson and had a great experience. The bed was very comfortable and the pool is open from like 7am to midnight, there is a small video arcade, and the breakfast buffet was pretty good. There were signs that said not to take food back to the room, which didn't make much sense to me so I just ignored them.

The castle theme also made the experience great for my 3 year old daughter who is in the princess phase. She still talks about getting to stay the night in a castle.

kc, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed at this hotel during recent trip to Branson. Charged stay at the hotel to my MasterCard. Upon receipt of my charge card statement, charges were correct. The following month after my stay, I received two more charges from this hotel on my statement (one for $100 and one for $75) . When I called hotel to inquire about the charges I was told it was because we smoked in the room. My husband and I do not smoke and there was no one else in our room; therefore, this was impossible. When I inquired as to why there were two charges for smoking I did not get an answer. After discussing this matter with the hotel, and the matter was still not resolved, I had to contact my charge card company to reverse the charges. To anyone who has stayed at this hotel recently, I would suggest that you review your charge card statement. To anyone who is planning a trip to Branson in the near future, I would recomment you stay at another hotel. The condition of this hotel is fair at best.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Yes, you are correct we are 100% non-smoking do not allow smoking in any of the rooms . If it was in error, I apologize and understand your frustration as I don't understand how a smoking smelling error could occur from our housekeeping supervisor. We did treat the room as we do when someone does smoke in a room, changed all the bedding, pillows and cleaned the carpet.

Jay Wilson
Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We didn't use their pool . The eggs at the breakfast buffet where a bit watery, the have signs posted stating you can not take food to your room, health code violation . The place/room itself was nice, staff where fine. If it wasn't for the sucky Wi-Fi I would have given the a better rating. It was spotty, came and went and not very fast.