“Comfortable and quiet” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #106 of 161 hotels in Branson
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This place is located close to the 76 highway strip on the Green Mountain Drive. I stayed here in the “Oval Office” theme room which was really classy and stylish. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. On the first night I dined in the small little place next door called the Dockers Restaurant, the food there was good and place oozed with charm. Breakfast in the morning from 6-10 am was free, and had a good selection with donuts, muffins, cereal, juice, bagels etc. The place also has two small whirlpools which can be relaxing to soak in. Good value for money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

546 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Topeka, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Stone Castle gives the outward impression of a really luxurious hotel, but once you are inside, you find that it's a pretty average stay. I enjoyed the Renaissance themed decorations and the comfortable beds. My favorite part was the buffet breakfast with really good food and a chance to talk with other people. Everyone there was very friendly, staff and customers alike.

Our room smelled very musty, kind of like stinky feet. Running the air conditioner full blast and the bath fan didn't seem to help any. We were on the second floor, and I didn't notice this smell outside our room. Luckily, no one in our family has allergies, but I would be concerned about this if anyone in our family suffered from them.

I would have appreciated a refrigerator and a microwave in the room, even if they were tiny. We knew beforehand that these things wouldn't be there, but we would have appreciated them nonetheless. There was a coffeemaker, but I don't drink coffee.

But I don't want to complain too much about this hotel because the cost was really worth it. We stayed in a hotel last year in Branson for the same cost that was not as nice as this one. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

If you don't need a fridge or microwave, and don't suffer from allergies, this hotel would be a decent, inexpensive way to stay in Branson. Just don't expect it to be a castle.

Room Tip: The second (middle) building has the breakfast room. Maybe the top floors wouldn't have the mus...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Castle inn is one of the most unique hotels I've ever stayed at. The moment I arrived, I was taken back by its exterior. The place is huge and it really looks like a castle.

I see people complain about the small rooms, yeah it's kind of small, but for its price, the room is average sized comparable to comfort/days inn rooms.

The breakfast is nice, except for the eggs. I believe the eggs are dehydrated powder or some other form than freshly cracked eggs. Skip the eggs and you'll get yourself a fairly decent breakfast.

Lastly, location is nice and the people are nice too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dacula, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

For what we paid, this hotel was pleasantly surprising and it isn't a timeshare trap like many others in Branson. The rooms were spacious and breakfast was more than a continental although it was the same every day. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel was quiet. The lady at the front desk appeared to be selective in what room she gave us since we were staying 4 nights asking our preferences (quiet, close to pools, lower or upper floor, etc) which was very nice. During the week the crowds were light but although it did get busier on Friday, it was still quiet. Two queen beds and a refrigerator made it very comfortable.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bossier City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed in a double room. The bathroom was VERY small. It was extremely hard to shower and dress in that space. No refrigerators. The cleaning staff was very polite and helpful. We went in July so did not care for the indoor pool. The breakfast was very good. Nice variety and very helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2013
Grove, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were so excited to stay here & were really disappointed. The price & location were the only pluses. We had a room on the 2nd floor & it was dark & damp. It smelled musty & moldy. I have allergies & had a sore throat when we left. Carpets were filthy! We knew that it had no microwave & fidge but there was room for them. We have stayed in Branson every year for the last 8 years & this place was almost my least favorite. We could hear people running around on the floor above us early in the morning both mornings. The beds were uncomfortable too. Parking was horrible for the amount of rooms there is. We had to park down on the lower part & walk up to the next level where our room was. We didn't eat breakfast there or swim so I can't rate that. There are other places to stay in Branson for this price that smells better & is cleaner. We won't stay here again. This place needs serious updating for people to be totally happy to stay here.

Room Tip: Choose the 3rd floor because we stayed on the 2nd floor & could hear people above us.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jay W, General Manager at The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments and I’m sorry you were disappointed as I am too- we really want you enjoy your stay. Price and location are good, thank you and please, if you’re not happy with your room or it’s not what you expected, please contact guest services or the manager on duty and we’d be happy to assist. A musty smelling room is the result of the AC vent being closed with high humidity (summertime). I’ll be speaking to housekeeping to more diligent in room preparation, thank you again.

Jay Wilson
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We had two rooms for four nights.The first room we checked into smelled musty and like dog urine. Complained to the front desk and they were very helpful in switching rooms. Gave us two rooms to choose from. First one smelled musty also but didn't smell it in the other one. I explained to the manager that mildew and musty smells give my Mom headaches and he didn't mention that they have a moisture issues with the downstairs rooms which we later found out. On our third night the floors felt moist everywhere so I went in the other room and their carpet was damp too. If that wasn't bad enough we had to wear shoes the whole time cause our feet were black when we didn't. I called down to the front desk to complain and she said we don't have any other rooms. I explained my mom had had a headache the entire time we were in the hotel because the mildew that must be under the wet carpets. She said we could check out if we wanted. It was a busy weekend and we were traveling with a dog so we didn't have that option. She offered a dehumidifier for both rooms and when the maintenance man brought it he said he only had one left so we would have to choose which room to use it in. The others were being used in the rest of the hotel. My husband asked if this was a common problem and the man said yes. We had to empty the dehumidifier 3 times in 2 days in addition to running the air conditioner. I think this is ridiculous that they know there is a problem and they don't fix it and continue to rent these rooms out and I am very unhappy that the manager knew and still left us downstairs. Granted it had rained the day the carpets got wet but they knew they had been wet in the past and that mildew would be an issue. We took a washrag across the floor and it was BLACK! Upon checking out they issued us a one night refund but would have rather paid
more for a clean dry floor and a headache free weekend for my Mom. The hotel itself had a decent breakfast and excellent staff who were very friendly. The outside is very interesting and the waterfall area was very pretty. If we were in an upstairs room I'm sure this review would have been more positive. Just fix the downstairs moisture problem and your ratings are sure to be much better!

• Stayed July 2013
Jay W, General Manager at The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2013

Jay Wilson

Been to The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!