“hotel Room” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #137 of 150 Hotels in Branson
Des Moines, Iowa
“hotel Room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel was disappointing. We went through a travel agent and so just trusted their judgement. The hotel is HUGE ...two large buildings. Large groups of people (conventions) stay here. The room itself was small. The bathroom was so small you could barely turn around. The sink is outside the bathroom and it too is very tiny. There was not a micro-wave in the room or a fridge.
The carpet could have used a cleaning.
They serve a large breakfast but it was not very tasty. The breakfast area is large and can seat MANY people. They did keep the area clean and the food did not run out.
If you just want a very average hotel......just some place to sleep...this would fit the bill. I would have preferred to pay a bit more for a nicer experience.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room near the stairwell or elevator. (noise)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jay W, General Manager at The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I’m so sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. I trust your room was clean and the bed was comfortable~ it must have been as that is our goal. Our carpets are cleaned on a regular schedule as we own our carpet cleaner and we do have guest rooms of varying sizes, I would suggest the double queen room or a suite next time which are much larger than the single queen you were in. You are correct we do not have microwaves in each room yet, but public microwaves are in the lobby area of each building. I’m sorry you did not enjoy the complimentary hot breakfast with biscuits & gravy, sausage, eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, raisins, brown sugar, cereals, milk, fruit, waffle, toast, juices and coffee, we receive accolades daily. The breakfast is complimentary and we think it’s a good value and comparable to a restaurant breakfast you might pay $7-$10 per person for, the breakfast area seats approximately 120 people from 6:30-9:30 to accommodate our large hotel. We do realize we can’t be a hotel for everyone as we all have different tastes, but we do appreciate your comments and if you were to stay with us again I’m more than happy to discuss anything in person.

Jay Wilson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Check in left something to be desired. I went in, reservation in my name. Waited and waited, finally my husband came in to see what was keeping me so long. Once he came in the guy behind the counter said "May I help you Sir". Room was clean. Bed ok. But this room was so tiny that there was no room to walk. Bathroom even smaller. We are not large people, but sitting on the toilet your ARM hit the toilet paper holder. Breakfast great and everyone in housekeeping was friendly and helpful. Overall it would have been an acceptable stay if the room was more accomodating.

• Stayed June 2013
Jay W, General Manager at The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I apologize for the check-in faux pas and I’ll certainly speak to the clerk to make sure he’s paying attention as he should be. I’m happy to hear the room was clean and the bed ok, I agree the bathroom is small, but has the necessary toilet and shower inside. May I suggest a double queen room or a Jacuzzi king next time, both which are bigger than the single king or single queen. Thank you again and we’d love a second chance to make a better impression next time.

Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I just wanted to update my previous review. The manager of the hotel contacted me personally regarding my original review. He has made every effort to make me happy regarding my discontent during our previous visit. He offered me a 50% off coupon towards our next visit. We plan to visit again in the next month or so. Hopefully, things will have improved!!

Room Tip: If you have a problem ask for the manager! He earnestly wants to improve the property!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you~ we look forward to your return and the opportunity to host you again.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Excellent place. The price was great and included a full breakfast buffet (very good food), worth about $15 a person in Branson. Hotel was clean, staff friendly, and the furnishing were up to date, grounds were clean. 2 pools and 2 hot tubs. I have stayed many places in Branson over the years (I live about 2 hours away). Overall this is the best value I have found there. I like a clean well kept hotel, with good beds. The bathroom has to be spotless and if I can find that for less then $120 a night, I am happy! This place was great! Happy Travels!

Room Tip: I had room 3233! Balcony deck close by out the back side of the hotel. Nice places the eat out sid...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments and I'm so pleased the hotel and staff made such a good impression on you. The staff is working hard every day to make the impression you experienced. Please comeback soon.

Allen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We happened upon this hotel while looking at a travel mag picked up at a restaurant. $65 for the night, two full beds, breakfast, wifi... It must be a dump!

Nope, pretty nice, very nice for $65!

Quiet, seemed to be clean. The breakfast is the standard fare - scrambled eggs two ways, sausage, biscuits, cereal... The cook staff were on the ball and though the line was long they kept pace. Everyone was friendly.

We would return.

Room Tip: Middle section is where the buffet is located on the second floor. Consider that when inquiring abou...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Glad we surprised you! We like to call that “a good value”…pay a decent price and get- quiet, clean, a hot breakfast and friendly! Perfect. We look forward to your return~ safe travels.

Bloomingdale, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed here as part of a bus trip to Branson. The room we had was nice and clean but sort of small as far as I was concerned. When staying for 4 days things were sort of crowded. It did have a nice king size bed. I got a peek into some of the ones with the doubles in them and they appeared to be roomier, so you may want to opt for one of those.
The breakfast bar is very good. eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, etc.
Be aware that this motel is in three section and on a pretty good hillside. Each section does have a pool and hot tub. But breakfast is in section 2 on the second floor. If you are older and don't get around to well this could present a problem, if in one of the other areas. All of the staff was very friendly. Not trying to be negative about this place, just saying I personally wasn't ecstatic about it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for your comments as we do appreciate our motorcoach guests, thank you for visiting. The double queen rooms are larger than the single rooms, good if you need more room. The breakfast area is centrally located in the center building with elevator access and an outside ramp (no steps required) and you can walk from building to building to avoid any inclines. I’m happy you found the staff accommodating and the room clean. Come back to Branson again soon and safe travels.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Very nice place to stay -- good breakfast and very affordable. That is where I stay when I come to Branson. Family oriented and Christian values. Nice pools and hot tubs. Very clean -- quiet -- not on the main drag -- but only a couple of blocks to get to the main highway. Close to a lot of entertainment - centrally located.

Room Tip: No restaurant on the premises
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the compliments and I’m glad to hear we’re on the right track. You are correct- we do not have a restaurant on premises, but the Wheel House Restaurant and a Pizza Hut- Wingstop is just in front of us as few steps away. (even the Cherry Berry is close- yum) Thank you again.

Jay Wilson

Been to The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!