“Its okay.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #141 of 149 Hotels in Branson
DeRidder, Louisiana, United States
“Its okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed here on a package deal. The room was okay. Bathroom area is small. Hotel pool is nice, The first day we were there something was on the pillow and blanket, we asked housekeeping to come and bring new ones. Took them over two hours to bring us new sheets. I do have to say that while we were there both of my children ended up being sick and housekeeping did a great job of cleaning and disinfecting the room for us. Breakfast was okay, but you didn't have small group tables, it felt like you were at camp or a potluck dinner with long rows of tables just set up around the room. The room itself was kinda cramped for a family of four and two night in a row we heard teenagers on the floor above us having a party it sounded like. It's okay for the money, but honestly so are alot of other hotels in Branson. The keys were the old plastic kind that had holes like a pattern in them and we had a problems with our door the hotel time. Maintenance even happened to be walking by and saw us having trouble and said they would take care of it, but never came back while we were there. The rooms are dark unless you open the curtains but then we were eye level with a street and wasnt comfortable with that. So I guess it would do in a pinch but there's so many choices in Branson it'll be a while before this one comes back up on my list.

Room Tip: I would request a room in the 2nd building and maybe top floor if you don't want people above yo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jay W, General Manager at The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I apologize for the delay in getting sheets to you and not having the room prepared correctly upon your arrival as we always want our service to be prompt, that service was not at all acceptable. To your lock comment- all guest door locks have been replaced with a new state of art electronic lock system, so we don’t anticipate any lock issues in the near future, but the old plastic keys with hole are gone. Thank you for your comments and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity as the property continues to improve.

Jay Wilson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Guthrie, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had handicapped room by front door. Small room, blanket on bed was very rough.People smoked outside our window smell came in our room, called front desk and they refused to do anything. Breakfast was good. Shower didn't drain out correctly all over the floor in bathroom. Pool and hot tub was great.Guy that checked us in was the best.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I’m glad you enjoyed breakfast, the pool and hot tub and I’ll certainly check the blanket in your room. I apologize guest were smoking near your room and disturbed you, guests are allowed to smoke outside, but I’ll speak with the staff about being more concerned with those issue and speaking to other guests on your behalf. Thank you again and do hope you’ll return to the Stone Castle Hotel as strive to improve every day.

Salisbury, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Hotel was adequate for a discounted price we paid. We stayed in Room #3124. Blanket was stained, returned it to front desk & it was replaced with a foam blanket, I never put it on the bed.
Very worn carpet at threshold of room entrance, actually a hole. Bathroom /toilet area was cramped. Disappointing breakfast... Only fruit available was canned, heavy syrup peaches. I asked if anything different would be available, assuring me bananas would be, but that never happened.
I purchased my own fruit. Shampoo/Conditioner combined? Really?
Admittedly, staff was friendly. People smoking congregate at entrances,making entering the building yucky & smelly. Door at entrance at end of building three was broken, nobody at the front desk seemed concerned when I brought it to their attention.

Room Tip: Ask for bigger bathroom
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and I apologize for the issues you experienced as I will speak to our head house keeper about you blanket issue. I’m sorry you were disappointed with breakfast, yes we have one fruit, but we do offer other items such as eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, cereal, toast, yogurt, milk, coffee, juice. All our guest rooms are non-smoking and guest are required to go outside to smoke; we could look at requiring smokers to congregate in a designated area only. I apologize the front desk did not show more concern about the door you reported-what they knew but did not convey to you was that a new electronic door key system was being installed on every guest door lock and every door entrance on entire property. The bathroom in the standard room is small but has all the necessary stuff (toilet & tub/shower), the vanity (sink & mirror) is outside the bath room so one person can get ready while the second person showers. Larger bathrooms are available in some suites. Thank you again and we do hope you’ll give us another chance in the future as strive to improve.

Salem, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I spent our 1 year here, we LOVED it! We stayed in the honeymoon suite, which was amazing! Beautiful room. I loved the private balcony, and the whirlpool tub was a MUST!!!! Breakfast was best I've seen! Buffet style! Staff was very friendly and hotel is close to everything in Branson! Well Done!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jay W, General Manager at The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Happy Anniversary! And thank you for your wonderful review- we so appreciate your comments and the opportunity to host you and your husband. We look forward to your return.

Kintnersville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel is not a full service hotel, but a great value for those traveling on a budget. It's close enough to the show venues that you don't have to spend half a day in traffic getting from one place to another. Staff is attentive and helpful. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Bedding is comfortable. Parking plentiful.

Room Tip: Get one of the themed rooms!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jay W, General Manager at The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for noticing our clean and well maintained rooms & the bedding. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your return, safe travels.

Shenandoah, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while I was with the Moostash Joe Tour and from other reviews that I had read, was surprised at what a wonderful stay this was. The beds were extremely comfortable, linens were very soft. Liked having the shampoo/shower gel in a pump on the wall in the shower. You can tell that this hotel has been around a while with the cracked tiles and fixed water damage in the bathroom but it is currently well taken care of and very pleased. I would stay there again! The breakfast was very good and the morning staff was wonderful! Didn't get a chance to try out the pool.

Room Tip: Breakfast is served in the middle building on the 2nd floor so if you want to be close to the food...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Jay W, General Manager at The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind compliments- and for coming to Branson. I’m pleased you had a wonderful stay; we love Moostash Joe Tours and appreciate you staying with us. You noticed many of our improvements we’re making every week. Thank you. We look forward to your return.

columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Upon arrival, I was very pleased with the French Quarter accommodations and thought I had finally found our favorite hotel in Branson; we settled in then went out briefly; returning to the room to change before going to our scheduled event we discovered the door appeared to be ajar but checked and it was latched; since I could see the latch between the door and the jam I slipped the card in the crack to test it and was in the room almost instantly. This was immediately reported to the front desk and we were told maintenance would be sent up. We waited in the room and 1 1/2 hours later put in another call to the front desk. We were then offered the room across the hall if we would come down and get the key which we did; although the room was much smaller we would have taken it to salvage what was left of the evening until we realized that door had the same issue. Another call to the front desk and we were told we could get a key for yet a different room; this time we asked for the room key to be sent up. When maintenance showed up he reported he did not have what was required to do the repair and told us we could just use the deadbolt (which would be fine as long as we did not want to go out). Another call to the desk and we were offered several different room options in the other 2 buildings. By now we had missed our event. Ultimately, it was 9 PM (four hours after the front desk had been informed of the issue) before we were finally in a secure room; the room was much smaller and in a less desirable location but was the best of the ones available; although less than satisfactory, we took the room in hopes that a better room would be available in the AM. We were exhausted, so the first day of our vacation was not only a waste but very stressful. BTW No one even offered to assist us in moving to the new room which was in a different building.
In the AM, I contacted Jay the manager; he was very congenial and cooperative but had no suitable rooms available so he offered a certificate for a complementary stay which I could pick up later at the front desk. I picked up the envelope the morning of check out; I was once again disappointed, when I realized the certificate was only for one night; I am now waiting for a follow up response.... will update

Room Tip: Lots of parking in the back with easy access to buildings one and three.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments and the vivid description of your stay and true the door of your room was not working correctly and I again apologize. The door has been repaired and all other guest doors have been inspected, all is secure. It is unfortunate when a mechanical problem occurs and a guest has to move to another room, but from time to time it is necessary, I apologize none of the suites suited you as the first suite did. I didn't realize you expected a certificate for the entire weekend and for the night you had not yet spent at the hotel. I was expecting your second night to go much better, and I assume it did as you did not mention it. It is our policy to offer a night for a night and not the entire stay after the issue is resolved. I'll be more than happy to discuss this further with you as this may be a special case. Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you.

417-231-4669

Been to The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!