“Unique experience” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #107 of 159 hotels in Branson
Springfield, Missouri
“Unique experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel is lacking in both cleanliness and security. They do not require a key to enter the building and have multiple buildings with multiple entries. The carpets are in pretty bad shape in general. When I went to plug in my cell charger I found some empty water bottles/trash behind the night stand. The next day after our room was "cleaned" it was still there. I have also experienced some issues with the housekeepers knocking and not waiting for a response. Just using their key and coming in. Once we were sleeping and the other were just about to go out. I said "who is it?" and started to open the door and the housekeeper opened it in my face. The decor (old stone castle, old armor/horses, etc.) make it an interesting environment on the "plus" side.The themed rooms are a unique experience. The rooms are good sized, the bed comfortable. Fridge/Microwave are in themed suites and available on request to all others. Nice tubs and showers, bathrooms are clean.

Room Tip: There is a map of the property available on the website. If you choose to stay here get one of the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jay W, General Manager at The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your candid review- I do have an update: new electronic entrance door locks for the building entrances and guest rooms are being installed this week, building access is restricted overnight. Branson is a very low-key kind of city, but peace of mind is important to all guests. I apologize the cleanliness was not up to standards- yours or ours and I have spoken to our head housekeeper about our housekeeping staff being a little too eager to clean your room. Thank you again for your taking the time to place your review and we look forward for the opportunity to host you again in the future.

548 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Maybe I am spoiled, but I am regular guest at Marriott properties. My spouse booked a family weekend for us here through a vaction club presentation, and we could not be more disappointed. First, the carpet is filthy throughout. From the moment you enter the building the traffic areas are nearly black, our room was only slightly better. My daughter removed her shoes once in the room and after about an hour her pink socks had charcoal colored bottoms. The bathroom is so small you cannot close the door while inside without wedging yourself between the tub and toilet or the toilet and wall. The vanity was covered in various forms of body hair upon our arrival. The pool was nice though very cool, I normally have to force my children out of the pool, but in this case they actually came to me and asked to leave because they were cold. The room furnishings were dated and a bit abused, though nothing horrible. On a positive note the mattresses appear to be relatively new along with the bedding, both of which were very clean and tasteful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jay W, General Manager at The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Comments are always welcome and we thank you for yours- I apologize we disappointed you and you are correct we are not a Marriott property, but we do have some similarities. I apologize your room carpet was not a clean as it could have been and anything found on the vanity I would ask you to call the front desk as you would a Marriott, we would gladly correct the problem or move you to a room of your choice. We pride ourselves on clean rooms, as that is our standard and strive for the opportunity to make every guest stay very pleasant; I apologize your room was not in order upon arrival. Thank you for noticing our new pillow top mattresses and bedding and mentioning clean (we always appreciate that). If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail or any hotel staff not being as attentive as expected, I would welcome your call or email.

Warm regards,

471-231-4669 direct
jay@BransonStoneCastle.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I only stayed here one night but it was very nice. The room was very clean,the staff was very friendly, and it is conveniently located. The only thing that i saw that could be improved was the breakfast. The waffles were either stuck together or would fall apart when you tried to pick one up and the toaster didn't seem to work right.
I will definately consider staying here again.
I almost forgot, on the booking page you don't ever get your estimated total just the rate and the tax percent. That would be ok if you're a math fan or are where you can pull out a calculator,but I always prefer for the business to put it on the website.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments, what you received is the standard we expect as well- clean and friendly. I apologize your waffles stuck together; you must not be an eggs, biscuits and gravy fan :) (my favorite items served) but I definitely will look at the breakfast toaster and our website to attempt to simplify anything I can. Thank you again and please visit us again soon.

Warm regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Everything was nice. I would definitely go back. People and staff were friendly. The room was clean. Overall the best part of the hotel is they were clean and spacious rooms, good and friendly staff. The themed rooms are great, big, kings beds, super cute rooms.. :)

• Stayed December 2012
Jay W, General Manager at The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
I have to agree- our staff is very helpful & friendly and housekeeping works diligently everyday to provide clean rooms. I appreciate your input and will give them this message. Thank you for your business and come visit us again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

staff was great, breakfast bar was good... first room was small and the room above jacuzzi flooded our room at 3 am... second room was much bigger more cozy. both restrooms were tiny....other than that it was clean and smelled good (the vacation club presentation... not so great!)

Room Tip: third floor end rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jay W, General Manager at The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your kind compliments, I will certainly pass them on to our staff as it’s always nice to hear you’re doing a good job. I do appreciate your good nature when having to change rooms in the middle of the night- I apologize these things sometime happen in a hotel. You are accurate, we do have some sleeping rooms bigger than others, although “small” is probably a better description than “tiny” for the bathroom. “Tiny” makes me think you have to duck to get inside, you can definitely standup in the shower/tub and sit down in the appropriate places. Thank you again and come again soon, please call me directly and it would be my pleasure to upgrade you into a suite with a “big” bathroom.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were not happy with the hotel. The window looked like it had been forced open & a stick was put in it to keep someone else from getting in. The window itself looked like it couold be pushed in without much effort. The outside doors did not require a key to get in. Anyone could get in the building at any time. We had 2 dogs with us and hardly any grass to take them to. The only grass was on a steep incline that you had to walk up a steep driveway to get to. That is very hard on older people! The bathroom extremely small and the toliet was not secure to the floor.
The room and building was badly in need of upgrading. It was dark & dingy. The deadbolt didn't even work on the room. We were there on a presentation for 3 nights, but we left after 2 nights because we did not feel safe!

Room Tip: We would never stay here again.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jay W, General Manager at The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for candid comments. I apologize you were not happy with the hotel; it appears we failed to meet your expectations in several areas. Your room was not in working order or up to our own standards and all that you mention is a concern, I did find the toilet loose, the window screen bent, and deadbolt sticking- all fixed and repaired today. We have two lamps in the room now; possibly we may be able to add a third lamp in the future. The grassy areas for pets is always a challenge with our inclines, but none the less a concern.

I would invite you to return someday, we’d love the opportunity to change your impression of us, as the front desk staff is available 24/7 to assist you and I’m also available six days a week. If you’d like to discuss the matter in anymore detail you are welcome to call me directly at 417-231-4669. Thank you again for your comments as they are always welcome as we strive to improve.

Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at the Stone Castle on a vacation club presentation. The hotel looks nice from the outside, the rooms are small, need updating terribly, not all that clean. The bathrooms are very small and dirty! Hair on the floor, cobwebs, spiders. Not impressed at all, would not stay here again. The breakfast was pretty good, eggs, sausage, biscuits, cereals etc. It was very busy and hard to find a seat both mornings we went. We sat outside one morning. There was suppose to be two pools and only one was open for use and both were very small for the size of the hotel. It was the warmest hotel pool I have ever experienced and the hot tub was dangerously hot especially for little ones who would jump in on there own not knowing it was that hot. Pillows on the bed were awful, very thin and old. At least the heat worked in the rooms. :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jay W, Manager at The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you comments, we certainly welcome guest input for all areas so we may improve, unfortunately it appears we fell short of your expectations in several ways. I apologize your room was not as clean as it should had been, as that is not our standard and is one of our priorities for guest satisfaction, I reviewed our “room inspection” process so we may improve in that area immediately as we always strive to provide the cleanest room possible.

Yes, we do have two pools and on occasion we do close one temporarily for maintenance, but with two pools, one is always open. I did check the temperature of the hot tub you spoke of prior to writing this and it is within the parameters required by the heath dept., but as always thank you for your concern as guest safety is our highest priority and you can never check too often.

Thank you again for your comments and if you could ever consider staying with us again, please call me directly as we’d like the opportunity to change your impression of the Stone Castle Hotel.

jay@BransonStoneCastle.com

Been to The Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!