“Quiet and Charming Cottage” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kite House Historic Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Branson
Kite House Historic Bed and Breakfast
397 Esplanade Drive, Branson, MO 65615   |
Ranked #3 of 50 Branson B&B and Inns
Alma, AR
“Quiet and Charming Cottage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Mark and Donel were wonderful hosts. We enjoyed the historic cottage with all the shabby chic flair and eclectic charm surrounding it. Hollister seems a world away from Branson but is actually only minutes from Branson Landing and all it's charm. We will definitely return to The Kite House for some more of Donel's delicious breakfasts and great hospitality.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

We absolutley loved this bed and breakfast. There is nothing that could have made it any better. We loved the room. We loved the hot tub. We loved the hostess. She was pretty darn amazing. We have been to alot of places and find alot of snotty people. Our honeymoon was full of them. This lady was incredibly nice and down to earth. We only spent two nights there but wish we could have stayed longer. It is alot more intimate then a hotel and the breakfast was wonderful. The other guests that were there at the same time as us were fun to get to know. I would advise everyone who is looking for an unforgetable experience to stay here at least once. You will not want to leave. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Wichita
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

What a wonderful place to stay while visiting busy Branson, MO! My mother and I decided to take a long weekend vacation to Branson. Luckily, I came upon the Kite House B&B on the internet. Donel, her husband Mark and their son are amazing people!! They are all very friendly and extremely accomidating. The Kite House is tucked away on a quiet street in Hollister. It's a very relaxing place to retreat to after a busy day of shopping and shows in Branson. The rooms were cute and clean! Mom and I both agree the best food in town was what we had every morning, prepared by Donel!

• Stayed May 2011
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

Meeting family from both coasts for what may have been "final visits" for 80+ year-old relatives was a precious and vulnerable time for me. I cannot imagine staying anywhere that would have felt as welcoming, as peaceful and as homey to me as The Kite House. Innkeepers Donel & Mark could not have been kinder or more congenial. My cousins and I shared the Kite House cottage, and I lucked into the room that opened onto a tree-canopied deck (with hot tub), the crisply sheeted queen-sized bed, charming antiques and easy access to the kitchen :). I awakened each of my three mornings to the trills of birdsong and fragrant smells of Donel's home cooking.

Donel went to great lengths not only to be kind and welcoming, but she made sure I had just what I needed with special diet considerations, even helping me to store things (I would need later in the day) in a cooler. She clearly makes an effort to anticipate any needs her guests might have, and that was a genuine treat. The Kite House provided sanctuary for me in a time that felt bittersweet. I will always remember my time there, and I look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

My husband and I just returned from our lovely stay at the Kite House. Our hosts were so warm and welcoming and made us feel right at home immediately. We had the Hillside Suite and it was very comfortable with a great king-size bed and fireplace in the main bedroom and a queen-size bed in the second bedroom. There was a hot tub right outside the second bedroom. The full bath had a clawfoot tub. The whole place is decorated adorably with antiques and "shabby chic" accessories. It's just what you picture a bed and breakfast looking like! The breakfasts were outstanding! We would go to the main house dining room for breakfast and enjoy great food and lively conversation. Donel is a great cook and great advisor as to what you should see and do in Branson. Our room rate included 2 free passes to the Grand Country Jubilee and that show is amazing! We highly recommend Kite House!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
khbb, Owner at Kite House Historic Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
Thanks so much for your kind words. We enjoyed meeting you both. Hope to see you again soon. Have a great summer. Donel.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

We looked all over for a bed and breakfast in Branson and could not find anything. Finally came across the Kite House. The reviews were so good so we said sure why not! WOW...when we got there, Donel the hostess greeted us like we were family. Her and her husband Mark were just so caring. She definitely is one of the best cooks ever! Breakfast was always served hot and in very big portions!!!! Great coversation too :) She knows all the little ins and outs of Branson and how to get around and some great deals. They also give you tickets to go see Marks show, but was not able to attend due to time restraints. The rooms are very romantic, clean and beautifully decorated, and the beds are soft and comfy. We had the BEST sleep we have had in months!!!! Some may not know where the location is, was kind of confusing to get to at first, but its LITERALLY only MINUTES away from Highway 76 that takes you through downtown Branson...so you are close to everything, but far enough away from the city noise! Kite House is in a very quiet neighborhood. We have met friends for life and can't wait to go back!!!!!

Room Tip: Call directly to reserve your room!