“Yummy!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Illinois
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We went to this restaurant for a special dinner (my 51st b-day). We arrived before 4:00 (super senior time- LOL). They immediately bring out this fabulous hot and crusty bread! We had ordered the appetizer sampler. We had to send the artichoke dip back because it wasn't hot but the chicken tenders and jalapeño bites were. Had Texas ribeye- wonderful! Had the soup (one was Luke warm and the other hot). Salad was great! Garlic mashes potatoes are a garlic lovers dream! We saw a couple other waiters bring back food to be reheated more (we sat near the "pass"). Our waitress was a dingbat but pleasant enough. We had to remind her about the free b-day desert as she proactively didn't offer it and she made mistakes on the order.

Despite inconsistent heating of the food (heck, just send it back) and a waitress that needs improvement, we thoroughly enjoyed the meal. We would go again!

Pekin, Illinois
“Poor Service - Mediocre Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Ate here on November 7 - arrived early, around 4:45.

Restaurant was not very busy at this time. Drink order was wrong when it was delivered - no big deal - mistakes happen.

But, took 30-40 minutes for our salads to arrive - only reason we didn't leave is we wouldn't have time to eat somewhere else before our concert started.

When salads did arrive they were very good - especially the blue cheese lettuce wedge - actually (as someone else has commented) it was a highlight of the meal.

Our steaks arrived before we had time to finish our salads. I had the sirloin - it was barely warm and really didn't have much flavor. Baked potato was very good though. My wife had a NY Strip which she said was very good and very hot.

Too bad - could have been a great meal with just a little more effort. Might come back sometime for lunch of the wedge salad and a baked potato but otherwise would try somewhere else if I wanted a steak.

Check for our steaks and drinks (iced teas) came to about $45.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clarksville, Arkansas
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The food is excellent and it's a great atmosphere, right on the water at Branson Landing. I've only been there twice but loved it both times and will definantly be going back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed in a timeshare & cooked our own dinners most nights during our stay in Branson. On our last evening we decided to treat ourselves to a first class dinner out. We spent the afternoon at Branson Landing & chose the Texas Land & Cattle Steakhouse for dinner. Excellent choice! Its a nice relaxed atmosphere, pleasant decor & excellent service - polite, friendly, attentive. 3 of our party of 4 each ordered a different steak cut & my seafood friend ordered lobster - which I thought was risky for a steak house hundreds of miles from the ocean. They were all absolutely mouth watering - even the lobster according to my friend. My sirloin may have been the best steak I've ever eaten. My wife loved her frozen margarita as well. I don't know how often he does this, but the chef stopped by our table to ask about the food & he was very pleasant. My friend from Mich thought the prices were a little high, but I'm from the East where you have to re-mortgage your house for a good steak, so I found the prices quite reasonable for the quality we received. We highly recommend this place.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Very disapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was one of the worst steaks, especially for the money. I had the Parmesan Crab Steak and the crab "cake" on top was horrible - scraped it off and didn't bother eating it. The bread crumbs were "raw" and just sprinkled on top of the steak. My husband ordered the Garlic Shrimp and Steak and the shrimp was burned and the steak unflavorful and tough. The garlic mashed potatoes were so peppery, that was all you could taste and it burned our mouths. I will NEVER go back. For such a prime location on the Branson Landing, it was a big let down. Service was not good and the tables are crowded too. If the food had been worth the price, I could have overlooked the tight dinning room and less than average service. For $19 per steak, they should have been much tastier!

Visited October 2012