“Country music at it's best!” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Expedia
Book a Tour
Ranked #5 of 88 Attractions in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: Featuring 24 Veteran entertainers, Clay Cooper's Country Express gives you high energy live music, singing, dancing, and hysterical comedy - from George Jones to Hunter Hayes and from the Doobie Brothers to Bruno Mars! Don't miss New York's number one cowboy, trick roper, and gun-slinger, Johnny Lonestar; amazing dancers led by Clay's multi-talented wife, Tina Cooper; a seven-piece band; Branson's funnier than funny comedian, Matt Gumm; rising star Colt Cooper; and "Oklahoma's little sweetheart" Ezrah Noelle! Their unbelievable talent, hysterical comedy, and down-home personality bring our guests back time and time again. This cast goes all out, performing country, rock n roll, gospel and more! We definitely have something for everyone! Located in the Clay Cooper Theatre on Hwy 76 across from The Titanic Museum. Clay Cooper has been performing for Branson audiences since the age of 16, originally coming to Branson to perform with a kid's band known as the Texas Goldminors. Clay loved singing and playing bass, and loved meeting new people. What better place to do it than Branson! He continued performing in several Branson shows and now celebrates his 28th season performing. Clay hangs out after every show, greeting the audience and meeting new fans! In November and December, Clay Cooper's Country Express features an Ozark Mountain Christmas Celebration that has become a "MUST SEE" in Branson. The Clay-Goods Jambor-Eve: Celebrate New Year's Eve with Clay Cooper's Country Express and The Haygoods for a family-friendly, unforgettable, Blowout Party! Hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar will be available for those who might be interested. There will be party favors for everyone, and a MASSIVE balloon drop happens at the stroke of midnight! This year, Clay Cooper and his talented cast of 24 singers, dancers and musicians will be joined by the Haygoods for a memorable NEW YEARS EVE experience!
Springville
66 attraction reviews
“Country music at it's best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

Clay Cooper should be on country radio today!! He is an amazing singer and a wonderful performer. He's very personable and makes you want to see his show again and again. If you've ever seen the Country Tonite show back in the days that Clay was there...this is a lot the same. High energy, action packed, great music... all wrapped up into a fun and exciting show. I took so many pictures and bought his CD and it makes me remember the great show and relive it again and again. He performs with his wife, a bunch of dancers, Johnny Lonestar from America's Got Talent, a great comedian, and the rest of his family. He's a very kind man, which you'll learn when you stay after the show and meet with him. He'll stand and chat with you and take pictures and give autographs. If you like great country music from yesterday and today this is the show for you!!

Visited April 2010

Tulsa, Oklahoma
6 attraction reviews
“Has potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

I went to see this show with some friends. Clay is talented, and cute but his wife is amazingly talented. She makes the show as far as talent. In my opinion, the show would be a lot better if he would take his kid out of the show. The kid has no talent. He just looks like some brat that his dad lets run up on the stage and act up, then run back off. The kid ruins the show. I've even had people tell me they left at intermission because of the kid. As far as comedy, the two guys that also have Buckets N Boards are Hillarious!!! They were the best part of the show and worth staying for, if you can get past Clay's son..

Tremont, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“Down to Earth in Branson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

The Clay Cooper Music Express show is full of lots of different types of entertainment: singing, dancing, comedy and two interesting young fellas that play the drums and anything else they get their drum sticks on. My measure of a good show is how interested all age groups are during the show. I attended the show with my wife, college aged son, his friends, family friends w/boys that were ages 4-11 and they sat still and interested for the full show. The sales pitch might be a bit much, but because there is a comedian on stage for a better part of that, everyone still pays attention. We have had this troupe play in our hometown and they are as genuine entertainers that we have ever met. They still talk about their visit to our small town. That definitely leaves an impression on people. They definitely have left a great impression on the people of Tremont.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice enough people, but too much sales!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

My compliments on the impressive new theater and high quality sound system!!!

I know you're in business to make money, but the fifteen minute sales spiel leading into intermission was a bit more than I could handle. If I'm inspired by what I hear, I'm liable to buy a CD or two, but I don't need to know all of the details about every darn song on each CD and I don't need to see samples of every gift shop item you're trying to sell me. I was compelled to leave the theater long before the 2nd half of the show ever started.

The overall show was 'fair to partly cloudy' with some decent musical/dance highlights and comical sequences, but the band...well, based on their facial expressions and lack of enthusiasm, I got the distinct impression they'd rather be somewhere else than on that stage. In my opinion, even if you've done a show 1000 times, a true performer should at least pretend to be enjoying themselves and fake a laugh at the things that are supposed to be funny. There was only about 150 of us in the audience and I'm betting we didn't get the same show as those who saw it in a packed house with an enthusiastic band.

The show had its moments, but not near enough for me. Sorry C C, but 1/2 your team failed to deliver on June 5th, 2010!!!

seattle
“Fun evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

This was our first time in Branson - We saw Clay's theater and without knowing who he was decided to go to his show. We were thrilled. The show was great ! All of his show members were great entertainers.
Clay has a fantastic voice. He spends allot of time talking with the audience.
You won't be sorry for going to this show.