“Barbeque heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 292 Restaurants in Branson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
“Barbeque heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Always looking for family owned small restaurants that serve good food and have a lot of character. A little off the beaten path, but not to far this place fits the bill nicely. Good food, friendly staff a good meal at a great value

Visited March 2014

El Paso, Texas
“Very good BBQ!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I love BBQ and try it in any city I spend much time in. This wasn't the best BBQ I have ever had, but it was up there. My family and friends visit the Table Rock area and Branson as much as we can get away. It is great when we can all get together there, but we often struggle to find a place to eat in the area. Places in the area are often chains or overpriced for the quality of food. Not to mention the lines at every stinking chain "restaurant" are always out the door. We often stay in the rentals by the lake and avoid the over-crowded strip. This place is pleasantly located nestled in the hills within driving distance of the lake and the strip. This does not mean that there isn't a crowd there though! There is plenty of parking in this beautifully located restaurant. Pull in and wait in the sorta long line to order at the front counter. It is worth the wait. The only trouble is finding an available table but be patient. We ordered two of the double meals for the entire table to share and it was more than enough. This place is casual and perfect for ALL BBQ lovers. We have all been going the Branson area for decades are were delighted to find a place away from the strip that offers good food for descent prices. We will ALL be back again as long as they keep it up.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Yukon, Oklahoma, United States
“A rare must visit in Branson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I'll first start off by prefacing a disclaimer about Branson eateries:

***DISCLAIMER: Branson has 1 huge issue. The food in Branson (and all of SW MO) is par at best. I am not sure if the locals are accustomed to mediocrity and find it good or I am just spoiled to the food in my home state of OK. I review Branson restaurants on a 4 star system. This is because there is no such thing as a 5 star restaurant in Branson. When you eat in Branson, go in with low expectations, otherwise you will always be disappointed***

I have eaten at a lot of restaurants in Branson and we finally made it out to Danna's. As my family does with every restaurant in Branson, we went in with low expectations. This is a no frills BBQ joint and I love that. As others have pointed out, its checkered table cloths and plastic ware, something I find appropriate for BBQ joints. Danna's does take credit and debit cards, something you need to be mindful of in this area. Some restaurants are annoyingly cash only. I ordered The Rib Dinner and my Wife ordered the BBQ Nachos. The BBQ Nachos are pretty darn good and highly recommended. I gauge a BBQ joint by it's Ribs and the Ribs at Danna's are not bad either. They do not ooze the smokey flavor one might expect and are not the best I have ever eaten, but they are serviceable when eaten with Danna's Hot BBQ sauce, which is pretty good. The prices were ok, maybe a bit high. I think the Rib Dinner is a bit higher than it should be, but the Nachos are spot on and worth every penny. The staff was amazing and friendly and overall this truly is one of the best restaurants in Branson, if not the best we have visited. All in all the food is good and we appreciate the atmosphere and friendly staff.

Given the other options in the area, Danna's is a must visit when in Branson. For the first time ever, I can say that about a Branson restaurant. I am excited to go back and try one of their burgers next time.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Little Rock, Arkansas
“As good as the reviews said.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We live in Arkansas so we go to Branson a couple of times a year. When I looked up restaurants online to find something new in Branson I was surprised at how many people put Danna's at the top of their list. I had never even heard of it and it turns out I had been driving by it for years. We went there this month and it was excellent. My wife agreed it was the best Burger she has had in Branson. I had the BBQ and found it excellent as well. (And I used to live an hour from Memphis where BBQ is sacred) the place is clean, the service was fast, and you get A LOT of food for what you pay. It is not fancy, just good food.

Visited February 2014
Ottawa, Kansas
“2 Thumbs Up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Great food, great service, great value....and within walking distance from our hotel. We would definitely recommend stopping here for some great BBQ!

Visited November 2013

Been to Danna's BBQ & Burger Shop? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Danna's BBQ & Burger Shop, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.