“Beautiful Setting, but Food and Service not Beautiful” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Grille

Chateau Grille
415 N State Highway 265, Branson, MO 65616-8954 (Formerly Chateau on the Lake)
+1 417-243-1777
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 325 Restaurants in Branson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The award winning Chateau Grille has been a favorite to both locals and visitors for the past 17 years. With its exceptional views of Table Rock Lake, together with great service and great food; as the only restaurant in Branson having been awarded the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence designation, you will want to include in your plans a dining experience beyond compare.
Kansas City, Missouri
“Beautiful Setting, but Food and Service not Beautiful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stopped into Atrium Cafe at 2:00 PM. Only 4 other couples in vast Restaurant. No hostess at desk. Finally Someone came and tried to seat the 2 of us at a tiny, tiny table next to wait staff station. Since 40 other tables available, I requested a larger table. You would think I had requested a lunch with the Queen of England. After a disgusted sigh and grimace, I was led to a larger table by this rude little flip. The waiter saw and tried to cover so I stayed. He was very nice and helpful and attentive. The menu made common items sound gourmet, but they were lacking in all but price. The Kobe steak burger was not Kobe and had been taken out of the freezer just like they do at Fast food . The Quiche my companion had was average. On the way out the real hostess was at her station. The flipp that had tried to seat us was her relief I guess.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau Grille, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Motion22:

When one receives a review where we fell flat on our face for whatever the reason or cause maybe have been there is nothing more that we can do is to say sorry. There is no room for a bad attitude by any of our associates and they know it. If displayed in front of management or reported by a guest such as in your case, it is considered a serious offence and can lead to immediate dismissal. This matter and any matters such as this will be brought to the attention of our Restaurant Manager for immediate follow up. Once again, my sincere apologies, for our “shoddy” food service.

Stephen Marshall

Kansas City
“Chateau Grill-skip it!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We visited Chateau Grill, Oct 13, 2012. My husband and I planned a little weekend getaway to Branson for our wedding anniversary. We like a dining "experience" and don't mind paying extra for a special place. I had really high expectations for Chateau Grill but we were disappointed the minute we stepped in. First, there is zero atmosphere. Harsh overhead lighting, no table decor, nothing. Second, we had let them know, in advance, that we were celebrating a special anniversary. They promised a great table, yet we were in the middle of the room with our backs to the room. Granted I expect there is a great view earlier in the day and when it's not storming but they should make some adjustments in such cases. Lastly, the food...we stayed when we should have left because I just knew the food was going to blow us away. I will say the presentation was nice, when we weren't batting at the gnats flying around, however, the steak was tough as leather and the items that came on the side were 1/4 the size of a normal side one would expect with a steak. We stopped on our way back home for a couple of slices of carry-out pizza. My advice, skip it!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Branson, Missouri
“Wonderful food, great atmosphere, awesome service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is our favorite highlight to our Branson experience. We like to take friends here because we are so pleased with the experience.
My bride loves the Avacado Fries. Very different and very delicious. I absolutely enjoyed the Caesar Salad with grilled salmon, and our friends loved the pepperoni thin crust pizza, and the Quiche of the Day.
Try it for the cocktails and appetizers, or for the whole meal, you will not be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Branson, Missouri
“Fabulous Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The food was really good. There was a great selection including typical breakfast foods, but also excellent salads, prime rib, excellent shrimp, and a good selection of desserts. More expenseve than we typically do, but worth an occasional splurge.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Appleton, MN
“Fancy but not classy!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Sure, it's impressive sitting like a castle on a hill over the lake. The interior court/atrium was awesome with cascading waters and plants and the room service people were very friendly. It was pleasant, clean and enjoyable but not particularly elegant. It is a very nice hotel and the rooms were typical $120+ night rooms.

Visited September 2012

Been to Chateau Grille? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Chateau Grille, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.