“Some Good Some Bad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of AmazInn & Suites

You added AmazInn & Suites to your Saves list
AmazInn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3311 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway, Branson, MO 65616   |
Ranked #72 of 150 Hotels in Branson
Ok
“Some Good Some Bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

We recently stayed four nights at the Amazinn. Over all I guess the good would out weigh the bad. The rooms were large, the beds very comfortable, clean (except the bathroom floor). It was very quiet, a nice flat parking lot, however our rooms were near the back of the property and it was a long way to the office and breakfast area. I couldn't walk that far but thankfully my husband could. I'm not sure why you would locate handicap rooms that far from the breakfast area. Another downside was there was no place in the bathroom to hang anything. Not even a hook on the back of the door. No place to lay anything, we kept our toiletries in our bag on the floor. With a little improvement, this would be a great place to stay. I would probably stay there again, but would speak to the front desk to see if changes had been made before I booked. Oklahomatraveler

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

My husband (43) and I (40) along with our two girls, who are 14 and 11, stayed in the Amazinn & Suites the end of June 09. Sorry for the long review, but I try to remember to put in all the things I’d like to know about.

Booking: We pre-booked our room online through their website directly. If you book through their website and want to save a few dollars on the room…make sure to register online for their e-mail/newsletter thing prior to booking and you get a cheaper rate. We paid $252 for three nights. I have yet to get any e-mails from them…not that I particularly want any.

Location: The location was on the red route. It is, as many others are, within a 5-10 minute drive of things to do. This route is definitely not as busy as the main strip of Hwy 76. The location was good.

Check-in: The front desk was very friendly and helpful upon check in. The only thing was our reservation was under someone else’s first name and not mine….happily there was no problem with getting our room. Just weird where did that name came from?

Room: We booked the family deluxe (first floor with microwave, mini-fridge, coffee pot and hairdryer), which has three beds but no sofa. The beds were some of the most comfortable beds we’ve stayed in. I’m sure it is due to the newer pillow-top mattresses that were had been told that were recently put in. The room was pretty clean. No obvious gross stuff such as mold, stained comforters, dust, or funky smell, etc. Thank goodness as cleanliness is tops at my hotel want list…not that I haven’t ended up staying in a crappy dirty hotel before. My daughter did however find some items like a baby doll bottle and cup, that weren’t ours, under our two beds when we were checking for items we may have left behind before checking out. TV and A/C worked fine. We did have a little trouble with the satellite clock but the front desk promptly switched it for us. We did require additional towels the last evening we were at the hotel. This turned out to be a small issue. I went to the desk and low and behold they had not an extra towel available. I was standing there with a dumb look on my face thinking how nasty it would be to use the towels we had just thrown in a heap, in the bathtub, to dry off with again in the morning!? Yuck! A light bulb went off in my head and I asked if we could get some from another empty room next to us. Well thankfully they obliged and I was allowed to get a key and go get towels from another empty room. I did this myself they did not offer to do it. So no over the top service…which, I guess, I didn’t mind, thinking of the clean towel I’d be able to use, was worth it! LOL Also, they allow pets. The room next to us had a barking dog. It barked everytime we'd walk by. I was thinking... oh jeez...we'll have to listen to that all night. Thank goodness the owners were either back in the evening or the walls were pretty thick as it's barking did not bother us at night.

Pool/Hot tub: The day we checked it the hotel was extremely full and so was the pool. The pool is a nice size, but no frills. It appeared clean. I did not swim in it but our girls did daily. They said the pool temperature was a little warmer than a typical refreshing swim during the day, but still felt good…but said was wonderful in the evening after a day full of events. There was a hot tub and it was functioning properly during our stay. No lifeguard on duty…which is normal for hotels and it closed at 11pm, although I don’t believe they strictly enforce it.

Laundry: The hotel has a self-laundry that has two washing machines and two dryers. They have no washing products to buy in the laundry room. You can buy a one-load powder tide or a 2 sheet per box dryer sheets from the front desk. No Clorox is available there. The products were $1 a box. My husband took me to Walgreens (5-10 min away) and we purchased a small bottle of soap and Clorox. This was much more economical for our multiple loads of laundry…two loads a day! Hey I have two girls! LOL

Internet: I did not use the Internet but they had a computer in the lobby that could be used by adults over 18. It seemed to work fine as there seemed to be someone using it all the time.

Continental Breakfast: Unfortunately, my dear husband is the only early bird. The three mornings he got there and ate before us girls got up he said the breakfast was just what other reviewers said. Just average. There was cereal, bagels, muffins, boiled eggs, biscuits, and gravy and fruit salad. Us girls managed to go to breakfast two mornings. The first morning we got there pretty late. The breakfast ends at 9:30. And when they say 9:30 they mean it. Things are being put away before that very time. At about 9:20, no fault to them, we walked in and there was hardly anything left to eat. No biscuits or anything but some eggs, cereal…but no milk, and maybe a couple muffins. So defiantly go at a decent time if you actually want to eat. The lady in charge of breakfast is just what other reviewers stated too. She seemed very put out to be wiping tables and when something ran out…well tough luck. She’d roll her eyes when people would ask if there was any more biscuits and gravy. She’d say that it would take twenty minutes to get some ready so they weren’t doing anymore. Some people were pretty upset with her. She told us that she couldn’t believe people were just so messy and she wouldn’t put up with it in her home! She scared me a little! LOL Could be she was having a bad couple of days. Either way, we made sure to hand wipe the table before we got up to leave! I guess the included continental breakfast is just that…very continental, very bland but also very free.

Overall: It was a pretty clean hotel for a decent price. It was very comfortable. Front desk service was pretty good but the breakfast lady gave, I wouldn’t say poor service as kind of crabby service. We have been to Branson four times and stayed at Twelve Oaks Inn, Lynina Inn, Amazinn & Suites, and one other so long ago I don’t recall the name. I’m not sure if I would stay there again as we like to try out different locations, but would keep it in mind.

Other info: This trip we also went to Hollywood Wax Museum, Titanic Museum, Go Kart tracks (Lumberjack & Wild-Woody), Silver Dollar City, Haygood’s Concert, Montana Mike Restaurant and Fall Creek Restaurant. If you want you can see my reviews on these. (some of these are in-progress if you don’t see them yet) I hope this was helpful as I always review tons before a trip. If you have any other questions I may be able to help with please e-mail me. Thanks and enjoy your trip!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
JPayneBranson, Manager at AmazInn & Suites, responded to this review, August 12, 2009
Thanks for the positives as well as the negatives. I don't believe I've ever read a review that so thorough. We have a new breakfast person that has a much better attitude and you should see the whole breakfast until 9:30 each morning. We have ordered new soap dispensors for the laundry room they should be installed this month. I can't explain the absense of towels at the front desk except to say it was extremely busy in Branson that weekend. I have spoken with them about keeping an adequate supply. Thanks for letting us know.
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

We had a fairly decent stay at this motel. The room was clean and comfortable. The location made it easy to go to different attractions/shopping. The pool wasn't bad. The real downside was the service we received. Each morning, the lady taking care of the breakfast area acted as if it was just killing her to be there. She would scowl every time a kid would come in the room. One morning several items ran out before breakfast was over. To add to that, we had to ask 2 or 3 times for extra towels. Then, we came in after being out all day Sunday only to find ourselves locked out of our room. When I went to the front desk, they questioned me about how long my stay was. I didn't care to much for that type of attitude. We will try another motel when we go back in October.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
JPayneBranson, Manager at AmazInn & Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2009
We do want to apologize for the attitude of the breakfast attendant. Her home recently burned down and she has been having a tuff time. We have spoken with her to try and put her feeling aside while on duty.
Western Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

We picked this hotel because of the reviews here... somewhere someone said it was better than the Comfort Inn.
On the positive side, I had been very worried about noise, especially being so near another hotel and being on the first floor. I think it's the quietest place I ever stayed in, so that was a big plus. The room was very clean, and the pool area was very clean as well. The hot tub on the first night had some weird dirt clinging to the sides of it, but by the next morning it was cleaned. The hot tub did seem to be broken, air would only get out of one side. But it was under a roof, which was nice, and like I said, very clean the next day. (The pool water though, was much too warm, for a place with very hot weather. Not refreshing at all).

The staff was very friendly.

The free breakfast won't win any awards, but it's free. Bagels, biscuits with gravy, hard boiled eggs, cereals, juices, donuts, etc. A fruit salad that looked so-so. So not the best, but not the worst either.

When we first checked in, the room smelled very bad. Not sure if it was a chemical they used for cleaning, or to cover up someone smoking (in a non smoking room). Couldn't really identify it, only that it was very unpleasant. We did not tell the front desk. By the next day it finally went away.

We were on a tight budget, so this one of the hotels we found affordable and it was a good choice. I don't think I would stay there again, just because I'd like something a little nice, but I wouldn't tell people to avoid it either, it was fine.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

We started out at the econolodge and moved to the AmazInn. The bed was wonderful and a much nicer motel than the econolodge. It was also $20.00 a nite cheaper. It was super clean and the people were very friendly. We are going back in November and plan to stay there with another couple. If you go to Branson give this motel a try you won't be sorry.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Cochran, Ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

I booked this room for only one night just in case it was a terrible hotel. I'm glad I did. I'm a business man and internet in the room is extremely important. I checked the amenities of this hotel before I booked and free internet in each room was listed. I was unable to connect to the internet when I got to my room but I could connect to the hotel next door but their signal was very weak. I called the rude assistant at the front desk and she said the problem must be with my laptop because she was on the internet at that moment. I told her that I'd never had problems getting on at hotels and WiFi hotspots and besides I could pick up the hotel next door. She became more rude. I managed to stay online with the neighboring hotel's signal long enough to find another hotel in town with internet. I checked out of AmazaInn the next morning and moved to another hotel for the rest of that week. I contacted the travel agency that I used and told them my experience. They called the hotel that night and spoke to another desk clerk that informed us that they knew the internet wasn't working for a few days and she said that the other desk clerk should have told me that instead of insisting my laptop was the problem. The next morning the travel agency called the manager and he refused to compensate us in any way. These people are dishonest and rude. My advise is to stay away from this hotel. The air conditioner thermostat was also set too high. I had it set to Maximum cool and our room was still around 80 degrees all night. Our room would not get cool enough but the thermostat kept turning the air conditioner off and on all during the night. It was 100 degrees everday we were in town and that night,,,,we were very hot. Thank God for the other hotel. Their rooms are very cool and they offer free wireless internet.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Salem, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

We stayed for 5 nights and couldn't of asked for anything better for the price. We had a room with 3 queens...AWESOME!!! There was a breakfast every morning...My Daughter had oatmeal 1 morning so I can't say much about breakfast. Roomy rooms, and very quiet when we were there. Location was good for us, not on 76 HWY with all the hustle and bustle. No problems!! Will stay again!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to AmazInn & Suites? Share your experiences!