“A hidden gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
ny
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This place was amazing. We are traveling cross country and have seen a lot of rooms. This hotel had the best. The whole place is very clean and well kept. Very courteous and helpful staff. Free breakfast was a pleasant surprise. Lots of juices, coffees, teas, milk. Eggs, bacon, sausages, muffins, breads, bagels, cereals, fresh pancakes. Did I mention Free! Super easy access to I- 70 in Boonville, MO. After a long day driving, the owner and staff could not have been more welcoming.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
South Haven, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Although it is right off I-70 and 3 miles from downtown it was the perfect location for us. There is a back street to connect to the Katy Bike Trail from the hotel. The drive into downtown is not difficult.
The hotel staff was friendly from the very start. Found out after we checked in that I had actually made reservations for the next week. They changed those and had accomadations for us without any problems. Good restaurant recommendations.
Breakfast was the usual items that most hotels are offering free these days. It saved us time from trying to go to a restaurant and we could fuel up for the day of biking or hiking. I feel if you don't like what they offer, then go somewhere else... they are cooking for a group not you as an individual. Plenty of choices at the breakfast bar!
Would certainly stay there again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor right at the elevator but never heard the elevator or any excess noise l...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

The hotel seemed nice from the outside, but once we got our keys and headed up to the room, the smell of cigarette smoke was overwhelming. The room thankfully didn't smell like smoke. The front desk person then came and sprayed 3 cans of smelly air freshener in the hallway. The smell was totally overwhelming.
However, more problems quickly arose. The toilet was sad. One person went to the restroom (no solids) and flushed it. The stool proceeded to cascade water (at least 4 gallons on the floor). The front desk was out of towels so we had to use the three that were in our room.

The next day, the toilet was still not flushing properly. Then, the bathtub began to bubble and gurgle and spit up a thick black liquid.

This is a good hotel to spend a night at, but for stays any longer than that, I would recommend traveling farther down I-70 to Columbia there seems to be much nicer hotels there.

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boonville, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Justin S,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Booneville, MO.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've stayed here many times since 2011 and I can't believe I haven't already reviewed this hotel already. I guess you can thank the blizzard up here in Jamestown ND for catching up on my reviews.

This hotel is excellent!!! The staff has always been personalble and attentive. The rooms have always been excellent. The beds are heavenly. The bathrooms are excellent. The internet connection is perfect. Trucks park in the street which is fine.

I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I prefer Holiday Inn Express hotels and look for them when I'm on the road. So I was delighted to find this little gem of a Holiday Inn Express just off the interstate. The room was immaculately clean, well appointed and very comfortable. I lacked for nothing when staying here and the room had many nice amenities that made my stay a pleasure. I spent a very restful night here and have nothing but praise for this hotel and its staff..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The room was clean and nicely appointed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good, with both hot and cold selections, and the wonderfull trademark cinnamon rolls. The hotel was full because of a Mizzou home football game in Columbia that weekend. The only complaint we had is that there was no place to sit in the breakfast area, not near enough tables for a full house crowd at the prime eating times. People were perching at counters, sitting on couches, standing with their plates. We were lucky to at least find a seat, if no table. Other than that, our experience was just fine. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I shouldn't say that this Holiday Inn Express is in the middle of nowhere. It's actually only about 25 miles west of Columbia MO; but it had so little occupancy the night I was there it is sad. The rates are very reasonable and the motel is very nice. Sal, the evening manager welcomed me and checked me in very capably and made me feel very welcomed.

My room had two queen beds, refrigerator and microwave and the motel had been updated nicely. I found out from Sal that the motel itself has been there for 13 years and the updating to the new logo and quality standards for Holiday Inn Express occurred three years ago. The room was nice as well with a new flat screen TV, heating/cooling unit, and decor.

The breakfast the next morning was delicious and regardless that the motel was closely adjacent to the Interstate highway, there was no sound heard from it in the room. Additionally, the room was quiet all evening and night for a peaceful night's sleep.

I would highly recommend this motel to anyone passing through the area and who knows, the rates will probably be lower than driving into and staying in Columbia. It's only a 20 minute drive on the interstate; well worth the costs you'll save and the quality.

Room Tip: I believe that any room would be quiet in this motel!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Boonville? Share your experiences!