“Fun for the day” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: State Parks, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: The forested ridges and cool hollows of St. Francois State Park offer visitors a retreat from everyday life. Three hiking trails, including one that allows equestrian access, wind through the forested hills and glades of the Coonville Creek Wild Area. Easy access to the Big River makes St. Francois State Park ideal for canoeing and floating and the many shaded picnic sites and two covered shelters make the park perfect for family gatherings. Overnight guests can choose from more than 100 campsites, in campgrounds with modern restrooms, hot showers, and laundry facilities.
Marmaduke, AR
“Fun for the day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Park has several different playground and picnic areas. It is often used as a starting point for a float trip down the Big River. There is also camping at the park.

Visited August 2013

Bonne Terre, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
“Nice park, well kept”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Nice, clean park with many walking trails and river access for wading/picnicing. We stayed here overnight and while the bathrooms are recently remodeled, they weren't serviced as well as other local parks.

Visited May 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
11 attraction reviews
“Very Nice, with plenty to do for all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This park is well taken care of. The camping area as well as the whole park is well patrolled and secure. If you're South of St Louis take a drive through and get acquainted. Have fun, let me know if this was helpful.

Visited July 2012
Newton, Illinois
“camping trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family went to this state park in 2010. We do a lot of camping within approx. 100 mile radius from home. Needless to say when we went to St. Francois State Park we was VERY pleased!!! Not to many state parks have the staff that enjoy their jobs. The bath house was cleaned every day some time twice a day! Also, the camp host was pretty nice. To give you an idea, I am extremely cautious about security when my family of six goes out anywhere. This is the first time that I could leave my "guard down" and relax. I recommend this park to everyone!!! As a matter of fact, my wife and I are trying to get my sister's family to go with us. My brother-in-law HATES camping and he is willing to try it with us. Oh by the way, we don't have a camper all tents!

Visited June 2012
Hillsboro
7 attraction reviews
“Good Trails”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Good trails to ride . YOu can take the short or the long trail. Nice and rocky - not like riding down a logging road.