“Predictably Very Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City/ East Blue Springs

You added Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City/ East Blue Springs to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City/ East Blue Springs
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 NE Coronado Drive, I-70 and Adams Dairy Parkway, Blue Springs, MO 64014   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Blue Springs
“Predictably Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Usually stay here when wife and I visit daughter, son-in-law, and grandkids in Blue Springs.
As usual clean, comfortable. quiet, and good value. Staff very friendly and attentive.
Minor gripe is that there never seems be enough Sunday papers. Recommend putting them at the front desk where the quantity taken can be monitored instead of in the front lobby area where anybody passing by can take one simply because it's free.
Otherwise, excellent property, and will definitely stay here again

Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ridgeway, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Room clean and in good shape. Only strange thing is coffee pot not plugged in. Have to slide large dresser with TV on it to plug it in.

Very good breakfast with custom omelets available. Next store to large shopping center.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I had an excellent nights rest!
I almost regretted booking at this hotel after reading the posts about the hard/uncomfortable mattress and was expecting it to feel like I was sleeping on a board. But they are all wrong. Though it may not be a pillow top mattress, I found it more comfortable than my bed at home and got an excellent nights sleep. The pillows are the BEST! I was tempted to steal one and just have them bill my card :) .
It is also nice to have a sofa bed in the room so you can watch TV without sitting in a desk chair or lying in bed.
The comments about the small vanity are true. The architectures really messed up on this one when designing this property. They could have utilize some of the bath space (which was large) and had a larger vanity area. It would have been even smaller had a coffee pot been there but even so, coffee pots are moveable.
I read the complaints about "no free breakfast". I don't know if it was just because it was Christmas morning but they had a complementary assortment of pastries and fresh fruit along with juice and coffee which was more than enough to satisfy.
The only personnel I met was the desk clerks and both were very friendly and helpful escpecially when I realized that I forgot to bring hair spray and they provided me with some.
I will be staying here again the next time I come to visit family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
impactgal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I enjoyed the stay very much. The area was super close to shopping and the main roads. The staff were friendly and the room was clean. The bed was very comfortable and lots of pillows! I will always stay here now when I visit family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Breckenridge, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Traveling solo cross country safety is my #1 priority. This hotel was in a safe location just outside KC. Room was clean, bed comfortable and service great. My only negative is that there is no complimentary breakfast included.

• Stayed November 2013
Bill E, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City/ East Blue Springs, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our location. We often hear from guests that they would like to have a breakfast included. Courtyard as an international brand of Marriott does not offer a breakfast with a stay, and we are bound to our brand standards. I can say with confidence that our breakfast here is WAY better than the food I have had for 'free' when I have stayed at other brands. Our breakfast is prepared fresh (not Heat N' Eat) and of highest quality, from Smoked Bacon and thick sausage links, fresh baked pastries and cinnamon rolls, and fresh canteloupe, honeydew, pineapple and strawberries every day. We make your eggs to order. If you like an omelette with everything, that is what you get. And $8.95 includes your juice and coffee. The same meal would cost over $11 per person at Bob Evans, and our buffet is conveniently located in our lobby! I hope you might give our breakfast a try on your next trip. You will agree that it is an excellent value!
Willmar, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Very clean and well kept up. Bathroom vanity was a little small especially with the coffee maker on it. Wonderful patio in the morning sun. Bed was great for us. Breakfast was good though the waitress was a little put out when I wanted to order from the menu instead of buffet. Everyone was friendly and the public sitting areas were very clean and inviting. Will definitely stay here again. Hopefully, next time I will have time to shop in the outdoor mall that is next door.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I arrived at the hotel in the middle of the night after a long drive from Minnesota. I entered a locked vestibule and pressed the buzzer for after hours entry. Nothing happened. No employee was at the desk. I then called directory assistance and got the number to the hotel. I called and could hear the phone ringing and ringing but nobody answered.

After about 20 minutes of standing there I saw an employee walk by and she motioned at me that she would be right down. When I got let in, I saw that there was a handwritten sign on the desk telling guests that she would be delivering check out folios to all 4 floors and to remember to bring their room cards outside with them. That did me no good as a late arriving guest. If they are really requiring the front desk person to abandon the desk they need to find a way that she can be contacted. Waiting for 20 minutes in a vestibule is unacceptable.

The room I received was wonderful. Very large and clean. The property itself was clean, quiet and very well located right off of I-70.

The second gripe was the beds. I spend 30-45 nights a year in hotels and normally find the beds much more comfortable than my own at home. But, holy cow, this mattress was hard as a rock! I understand that mattress firmness is subjective in nature. For every person you find that likes a softer feel you will find someone that enjoys a harder mattress. For that reason, most hotel mattresses strike a balance, but not these.

I give the hotel an average rating just based on the location and updated facilities, but I would never stay there again based on the hard mattresses.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City/ East Blue Springs? Share your experiences!